Dayton Ohio Shooting

vantexan

This guy was following the law up until he started murdering people. He could legally open carry his AR in the parking lot and no one is supposed to challenge him. That’s a messed up set of laws and society, or just Texas in a nutshell.
Are you sure he could legally open carry his AR-15?

vantexan

See what I mean. VT is another person who is completely willing to accept the risks and the reality that he could be impacted by a round that the other guy got off first What difference does it make if you've got 1 gun or a 10 guns on your person if that indiscriminate shooter fired the first fatal round and you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time as was the case yesterday.
The big winner in all this? Fat Freddy and others in the box and crate hauling business The stay home economy. More people afraid to go to the stores and malls will shop on line . Smith's and Bezo's cheap labor can get their heads blown off while trying to get their junk to where it's wanted. Yea, that's perfectly ok in the minds of greedy corporate's
But no need to worry. They'll be sure to send their thoughts and prayers to the families of the murdered drivers.
Still holding to the notion that everyone will be safe if we confiscate all guns?

vantexan

I think anyone should be able to own a gun to protect themselves in their homes. I do. But the accessibility of high powered rifles that angry young white guys can use to kill a :censored2:load of people in moments really is nuts.
Outlaw video games that gin these guys up. Very possibly a lot less shootings. But get rid of AR-15's and their ammo too. It's the gun of choice among nutcases.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Dayton and ElPaso…..halfway between is
These comments are obviously from people who believe that neither they nor their loved ones will ever fall victim to a mass murderer and it's that mindset along with NRA money is why no attempt will ever be made to try to stop the violence. It will continue to become an accepted part of the American culture.
Concealed carry is a surprise element I like!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Outlaw video games that gin these guys up. Very possibly a lot less shootings. But get rid of AR-15's and their ammo too. It's the gun of choice among nutcases.
AR15 is the most popular gun sold in America.

Most AR15s fire 223 Remington or 5.56 NATO ammo, although AR15s have been chambered with a number of other ammunition types, including 22 long rifle, 204 Ruger, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, 300 AAC Blackout, and 458 SOCOM. AR15s can also shoot pistol ammo, such as 9 mm, 40 Smith & Wesson, and 45 ACP.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have never been one to jump on the bandwagon to blame videogames for the violence but I am starting to change my mind. Probably a lot of other factors but too many kids today can't cope with society. I think its more a result of the everyone gets a trophy social media generation than anything else.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have never been one to jump on the bandwagon to blame videogames for the violence but I am starting to change my mind. Probably a lot of other factors but too many kids today can't cope with society. I think its more a result of the everyone gets a trophy social media generation than anything else.
More than 20% of millennials claim to have no friends, poll finds

More than 20% of millennials surveyed in a YouGov poll released this week claimed that they don’t have a single friend. And less than a third of Millennials said they have double-digit friends, according to the data, culled online in early July.

Even if younger Americans are overstating their isolation, the jarring numbers reflect long-term rising trends in loneliness. Studies have indicated that loneliness has myriad negative mental and physical health effects.

bacha29

It's just another beta male who's angry that he can can't get laid. Settle down people.
It actually happened. The LA Fitness Club shooting in 2009. The shooter in his little Manifesto/ Poor Me Gripe actually expressed his frustration over the fact that he was a social outcast and was completely rejected by women in general despite the fact that he was a highly educated highly skilled systems analyst .

It will be fine

Video games and mental health problems exist in every other civilized country. America is unique in mass shootings. Hmm, the problem is the easy access to guns which is also uniquely American.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Seems like the common consensus is that these punks are loners who feel sorry for themselves, and have no concept of how their actions affect others.

Where were there parents for the last 5 years of their lives?
Specifically, their fathers. Dissolution of the family unit means these kids don't grow up with a good male role model.

Instead of growing up learning to be men, they grow up to emulate the figures they see in movies, video games, and books. Very few of whom are going to teach them to be upright citizens...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Probably a lot of other factors but too many kids today can't cope with society. I think its more a result of the everyone gets a trophy social media generation than anything else.

How can they be expected to cope, when their biological parents can't do the same ?

Kids.... attempting to raise kids.

Hmm, the problem is the easy access to guns which is also uniquely American.

If freedom offends you, you can leave at any time.

What's stopping you ?

How many of the SJW people (Hollywood celebrities) followed up on their "promise" ?

None....

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Come on. There aren’t mass shootings in Japan because they don’t have video games there. Checkmate.

About one-in-five children are living with a solo mom

Rate of Single-parent Households|Statistics Japan : Prefecture Comparisons

The USA has 20% of its kids living with single mothers alone.

Japan has an average 2.84% single *parents*.

Absence of role models leads to a vacuum that will be filled by any possible candidates. --Including video games, and movies.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
How can they be expected to cope, when their biological parents can't do the same ?

Kids.... attempting to raise kids.

If freedom offends you, you can leave at any time.

What's stopping you ?

How many of the SJW people (Hollywood celebrities) followed up on their "promise" ?

None....
Yeah, this country believes in freedom.

Round up Africans, break up the families and place them with the highest bidder.
Round up Native Americans and place them on reservations.
Round up some Japanese and place them into internment camps.

We don't have a very good track record.

Carry on.