Decertify the union

Integrity

Binge Poster
Even as an outsider it's plain to see what's wrong with your union. While there has been a series of court cases that works against organized labor it is still no excuse for it to have transformed itself from an advocate for it's membership to purely a mediator and go between the company and it's blue collar employees. No union can survive when it's as badly compromised as the IBT is today. An organization focused on it's own survival no matter how it's achieved.
Businesses unionism operates this way.

It is really common practice when people get organized for common good regardless of that good.

The welfare of the organization as a whole supersedes the welfare of the individuals.

I don't necessarily agree with this at all times however it does seem to be the natural turn of events when humans organize.

Boston25

Then quit.
If you know of corrupt actions and if you can expose it but fail to do anything about it you are complicit. Turning your head makes you "soulless ".

Evidently you and upstate were in the same class when you were hired.

Dude, how long have you worked at your "mistake"?
He said he's for right to work but then says he would join the union if he was right to work....

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
92F99D2E-F9BF-4FCB-826D-7694B46F0D98.gif
Great another one. Listen pal, if people actually voted in the first place we more then likely wouldn't even have these issues.

So I doubt they will vote to decertify. I bet you don't even know how many people voted on the last contract. Do me a favor and get more involved before you start trying to vote out my union.

View attachment 202536

Boston25

So when you said the only other good thing beside decertification of the Teamsters is national right to work and that if you were right to work you would join the union what exactly did you mean? With all due respect that's how it looks to me.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So when you said the only other good thing beside decertification of the Teamsters is national right to work and that if you were right to work you would join the union what exactly did you mean? With all due respect that's how it looks to me.
The thread title is "Decertifying...."
I said: if one wants to decertify, which is a PIPE DREAM (let's be honest, it ain't happening), the only other way to resolve the issue of our locals and international union selling out members individually or collectively, is national RTW. Because, we all know organizations like the Teamsters are built upon a majority of people who can't think for themselves, follow the crowd and are easily led by propaganda.

Then I went on to say when asked about for/against RTW

I don't feel one way or another. It is a decisive issue. I would join a union if it were RTW.

Basically, I don't care either way, but for those who wonder about kicking out the Teamsters, a more rational solution is national RTW and decertifying yourself.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Instead of decertification how about a vote of no confidence, just for proposing 22.4

How would you go about doing this? Can it be done at a local meeting? We are supposed to have a meeting to go over the NMA and supplementals prior to the vote. I'm thinking of moving that a vote of no confidence in the negotiating team be held. If all locals did this, and they passed, would the international be obligated to replace the negotiating team for the next round?

I keep seeing the only suggestion for fixing things is to get more involved and vote for new leadership. I did that, and things aren't better. There has to be something else that can be done that doesn't involve decertification or quitting.

Inthegame

The thread title is "Decertifying...."
I said: if one wants to decertify, which is a PIPE DREAM (let's be honest, it ain't happening), the only other way to resolve the issue of our locals and international union selling out members individually or collectively, is national RTW. Because, we all know organizations like the Teamsters are built upon a majority of people who can't think for themselves, follow the crowd and are easily led by propaganda.

Then I went on to say when asked about for/against RTW

Basically, I don't care either way, but for those who wonder about kicking out the Teamsters, a more rational solution is national RTW and decertifying yourself.
And now we'll check with Sarah Sanders about what he meant...

Time for change

What’s it going to take? Many drivers are getting robbed already of their full pension because Teamsters have to cover so much garbage. Then you add they are a bunch of corrupt fu$$$. Would sure be nice to be in a better union. Not enough with the stones or the stomach for the fight, too scared they are only worthy of good pay or a job because of a corrupt union and just being propped up by the Teamsters and feel they can’t make it in life without them. Hence why the IBT is so messed up, because we won’t put them on notice and they know full well what they can get away with.