Decertify the union

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Brownpants80, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Brownpants80

Brownpants80 Member

Possible? I'd assume other unions would jump @ the thought of representing ups. Not sure what the legalitys would be to do so, how to wait to get a new union, etc. Worth the information and worth the scare if they dont want to fight for us like there supposed to do. Were already being fed bull:censored2:, why pay to eat it.

Any thoughts?

2. You have to go without union protection for a year if you decertify.

3. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

And what would happen to our Health Benefits and pension?

4. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

A :censored2:ty union is still way better than no union.

5. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Everybody is justifiably angry at the Union right now. Still not a good idea to lop off our own roosters over it. Which is basically what decertification would result in.

Think the answer right now is to fight as fervently as possible with our votes, kick the bums in Teamster leadership out next election, and put in folks who acknowledge that the 2018 Contract was a sellout job and promise to demand that they'll do everything they can to try and claw back 2018 losses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Great another one. Listen pal, if people actually voted in the first place we more then likely wouldn't even have these issues.

So I doubt they will vote to decertify. I bet you don't even know how many people voted on the last contract. Do me a favor and get more involved before you start trying to vote out my union.

source-1.gif

7. Brownpants80

Brownpants80 Member

I feel like it might be good bargaining power. A good show of stance of the people there supposed to represent. Just like there strike authorization.

8. Or everyone could vote no. The message will be received

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  9. 542thruNthru

Xmqge.gif

10. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Good bargaining power for who?

11. 542thruNthru

For the company.

12. no_map_needed

no_map_needed Knowledge is key, Experience is power.

Please stop with these anti-union threads. We can vote them out in 2021. Until then we have to wait.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  13. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I still say a nude strike walk would go a long way.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Brownpants80

Brownpants80 Member

For us. The union and ups feel like they can do whatever they want. Dont you think if the union thought there was a chance we decertify them they just might bargin alot harder for what we want. Just like they used the strike authorization as a scare tactic for ups. Well if they cant push a decent contract maybe we need some extra fire under there ass to attempt to salvage this insane contract proposal.

15. The extension might push us into winter.

16. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Major shrinkage.

17. 542thruNthru

GeneralShoddyDuckbillcat-max-1mb.gif

;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. Brownpants80

Brownpants80 Member

I'm not anti union. I want my union, but I also want my union to do what's best for everyone. I just cant wrap my head around this proposal. It's almost like they didnt even try.

19. no_map_needed

no_map_needed Knowledge is key, Experience is power.

Buffalo Bill?

20. 542thruNthru

You think the company wouldn't do everything they could to see us decertify. Come on man use your head for more then a hat rack.