Delegates remove 2/3rds language.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Simple majority and a second strike vote was added. A vote that has to have 51% members involvement I believe. That last part I could be wrong on. Don't have my notes in front of me.

It might mean that the next contract could drag out longer, 51 percent on a 2nd strike vote is next to impossible.

ski or die

Ski or Die
No it means regardless of what percentage of people would vote The vote total will stand if we don't meet the 50% threshold
If you are correct, its about time. Knowing lack of interest in voting by part timers, as long as the people who are concerned about the contract, knowing their vote will count. So, if we exceed the 50 % of voters voting no, it will force the company to return to the table with their last best and final offer like in 97'. Hopefully, this is worded correctly so they don't include non-voters as yes votes. Past experience with the company as a steward, so many contracts that gave you something in one paragraph, was worded in the next paragraph to make it difficult to win a grievance.

If you are correct, its about time. Knowing lack of interest in voting by part timers, as long as the people who are concerned about the contract, knowing their vote will count. So, if we exceed the 50 % of voters voting no, it will force the company to return to the table with their last best and final offer like in 97'. Hopefully, this is worded correctly so they don't include non-voters as yes votes. Past experience with the company as a steward, so many contracts that gave you something in one paragraph, was worded in the next paragraph to make it difficult to win a grievance.
What happened this current contract is complete BS

DELACROIX

Do you want to go on a strike with less than 50% of the membership willing to participate?

It has been quoted that only 22 percent of the membership voted on the last strike authorization, usually over 90% vote for the strike option.

We walked back in “97” after a strike authorization vote, what was the voting percentages on that one?

542thruNthru

It has been quoted that only 22 percent of the membership voted on the last strike authorization, usually over 90% vote for the strike option.

We walked back in “97” after a strike authorization vote, what was the voting percentages on that one?
I don't know what the percentage was in 97.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I don't recall the percentage in 97'. But all of the buildings in our city had people walking the lines at each one 24 hours a day. I was at one building which were standing in front of in the grass. Management wanted to play games and turned the sprinklers on. What else would you expect from them.

DELACROIX

I don't know what the percentage was in 97.

I remember that it was a “hall” vote, yea or nay...back in 1997 we had about 200 members participate at that strike authorization out of roughly 1,000 active members, do the math. It was no different than the 2018 strike vote.

The members did not cross because they knew what would happen once it settled down. Being label a scab is a terrible fate...

ManInBrown

What are the odds that even if no is the majority, they’ll come up with some other excuse to slam it thru? What they did to us last time was an absolute disgrace. UPS says we hear our employees we will go back to the table. Union says nah that’s ok, contract ratified.

DELACROIX

Did Anyone here work with anyone that crossed the line? How were they treated when everyone went back to work?

We had somebody who crossed back in “97” (one day) recently retire, everybody including management were not crying when they left. A turn coat is not respected in any circle, it was like a scarlet (S) was painted on their back..

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
This is good news, perhaps real changes can now happen. First off would be eliminating National pay scale to finally address wage discrepancies across the country. Secondly, eliminate the divisive 22.4 position. Your schedule, be it M-friend, T-S, or Sun-Wed should be simply based on seniority while still giving all drivers equal protection and rights.