Delegates remove 2/3rds language.

542thruNthru

sketch-1624487859131.jpg

Satuirus2000

This is great news. At least now everyone knows their vote actually counts if they actually get out there and do so. It was so deflating to hear how the last contract was voted down but pushed through anyway because of this silly rule.

Satuirus2000

Especially after a company conceited last time it says we need to go back to the drawing board
Indeed. I remember being on the call when they said the contract had a majority of no votes but still said it was gonna pass and we had a ratified contract because of not meeting the threshold. Then seeing UPS write on their website that they would go back to the table to negotiatiate before they removed it literally like 10 minutes later when they learned what the union had done, I was just incensed. I really did feel like my vote was worthless. I am glad that is no longer the case now though.

Indeed. I remember being on the call when they said the contract had a majority of no votes but still said it was gonna pass and we had a ratified contract because of not meeting the threshold. Then seeing UPS write on their website that they would go back to the table to negotiatiate before they removed it literally like 10 minutes later when they learned what the union had done, I was just incensed. I really did feel like my vote was worthless. I am glad that is no longer the case now though.
I listen to the conference call after the vote and that's exactly what they said, looks over to go back to drawing board