Delivery driver interview tomorrow! what should I expect?

Title really says it all. Is there anything I should know/expect for my first interview at the Henrietta NY location? I've been a courier for about a year, at a Amazon sub contractor averaging 140 to 180 stops per day, working 4-5 ten hour days a week. I think I have what it takes to join the big leagues. Any insight is welcome!

El Correcto

god is dead
Title really says it all. Is there anything I should know/expect for my first interview at the Henrietta NY location? I've been a courier for about a year, at a Amazon sub contractor averaging 140 to 180 stops per day, working 4-5 ten hour days a week. I think I have what it takes to join the big leagues. Any insight is welcome!
Inter grad training. They can DQ you out of it, that’s if they don’t DQ you during your road test.

El Correcto

god is dead
You sound like a good candidate but don’t brag about amazon experience, they are like the military training people to shoot, they rather you not have bad habits to start off with. They prefer clean slates, so pretend like you know nothing.

El Correcto

god is dead
I hope you got money saved and a good record with amazon to take you back if it goes south or even another back up plan if you got bills to pay.

El Correcto

god is dead
Also starting out is a sacrifice, you might work everyday during your 30 you might not. But positivity and not letting stress throw you off your game is the key to making it.

KoennenTiger

Are you interviewing for fsp or 22.4?

Iirc they both start around $20 an hour. But our top rate is the pinnacle of this type of career. We set the pay rate for everyone else. Plus gold insurance you can't believe, great benefits, and a pension that may or may not be there just like social security. Laugh when you meet an old ex uspser who 'thanks' you for working even more for his boomer ***** **** *** @ss.

It's still worth it. I tell Amazon guys all the time, at least the few who don't seem mentally challenged, to come work for us.

Tips? Tell them you're a lifer. That you want this job to work at for the rest of your career. That you'll do what it takes and yes, you know what you are getting into. Long hard days. Tell em you know what those are like and you've got the drive. Be confident and upbeat.

Also be prepared to feel like you are just given the run around all the time. UPS has very poor communication. We deal with it.

Some areas are too far for integrad, sometimes they are just at your local warehouse. If you don't know how to drive a stick I suggest finding one fast, last I checked Penske might still rent 24' manual trucks.
Training is paid it's 8.5 hour days with half hour lunch.
Memorize the :censored2: out of 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary. Just Google those and find the flash card website version those help a lot.
Starting pay is 19.75 for rpcd (regular package car driver) you might also be brought in for a "combo driver" job basically same thing but top rate is $6-8 less per hour.
Everything else and pretty much everything I said has been posted 500 times. Definitely use this forum and read as much as you can; I did and it helped me in the beginning and still does.

Why the friend is my name changed to .. not my name changing now wtf

Are you interviewing for fsp or 22.4?

Iirc they both start around $20 an hour. But our top rate is the pinnacle of this type of career. We set the pay rate for everyone else. Plus gold insurance you can't believe, great benefits, and a pension that may or may not be there just like social security. Laugh when you meet an old ex uspser who 'thanks' you for working even more for his boomer ***** **** *** @ss.

It's still worth it. I tell Amazon guys all the time, at least the few who don't seem mentally challenged, to come work for us.

Tips? Tell them you're a lifer. That you want this job to work at for the rest of your career. That you'll do what it takes and yes, you know what you are getting into. Long hard days. Tell em you know what those are like and you've got the drive. Be confident and upbeat.

Also be prepared to feel like you are just given the run around all the time. UPS has very poor communication. We deal with it.
Pretty sure it was for fsp I didnt see 22.4 anywhere

Some areas are too far for integrad, sometimes they are just at your local warehouse. If you don't know how to drive a stick I suggest finding one fast, last I checked Penske might still rent 24' manual trucks.
Training is paid it's 8.5 hour days with half hour lunch.
Memorize the :censored2: out of 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary. Just Google those and find the flash card website version those help a lot.
Starting pay is 19.75 for rpcd (regular package car driver) you might also be brought in for a "combo driver" job basically same thing but top rate is $6-8 less per hour.
Everything else and pretty much everything I said has been posted 500 times. Definitely use this forum and read as much as you can; I did and it helped me in the beginning and still does.

Why the friend is my name changed to .. not my name changing now wtf
I'm good with a manual, do you know if Rochester NY drivers go to inter grad?

Zowert

As someone who delivered for an Amazon associate for a year (not amazon flex) before I got in as a UPS driver I can tell you it’s night and day. I’m not saying driving for Amazon was a piece of cake but its just a different ball game.

You won’t have a Rabbit (GPS delivery device) that guides you stop to stop. You’ll be dealing with much heavier packages and bulk stops that can be well over 100 pieces. On top of that are the commit times you simply don’t have with Amazon. Next day air by 10:30, business savers by 3 and if you’re in a commercial heavy route you’ll need to get that stuff off by 5. Throw in scheduled pick ups and on demands, you’re looking at a much more stressful day.

You have a feel for what it’s like, but you really won’t know if it’s for you until you do it. Don’t let anything discourage you. It’s a good career if you make it one.