Dennis Taylor threatens to overrule no vote

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I hate to agree but you're absolutely on the money. This would be bigger than the Teamsters. This would have enormous ramifications for the entire American labor movement.
Why should any member be forced to pay dues when their voice does not matter.....that would be my argument.

One of the most powerful and biggest unions in the private sector telling its members tough :censored2:.

Yeah uhhhh that's not great for labor.

Time for change

Hey buddy, why did DT say he was going to impose contract at national grievance panel on Wednesday? You said no way they would do that. The company pushing everyone to vote is going to backfire. One more day, we got this brothers and sisters, even the corrupt leadership can’t stop us now.

BuckyBadger

I'm confused...didn't get a ballot, called my local today, they say that it's only Freight and Cartage? So I don't vote yet? How do I vote on the National?

LagunaBrown

Do you approve of Taylor using this clause of the IBT constitution?
Wait a minute. Who told you and why did you believe we would be forced to go back to the table? The IBT constitution is the rules and now your upset? Apathy sucks but take some ownership there is nobody to blame but the members.

DirtySouth

Wait a minute. Who told you and why did you believe we would be forced to go back to the table? The IBT constitution is the rules and now your upset? Apathy sucks but take some ownership there is nobody to blame but the members.

I asked you a question that you then turned around as a reason to blame the members instead of answering.

I thought for a second that I might just disagree with you on the TA. But the fact that you're appearing to support an obscure part of the IBT constitution that hasn't been used in over 40 years shows your disdain for rank and file democracy.

LagunaBrown

I asked you a question that you then turned around as a reason to blame the members instead of answering.

I thought for a second that I might just disagree with you on the TA. But the fact that you're appearing to support an obscure part of the IBT constitution that hasn't been used in over 40 years shows your disdain for rank and file democracy.
Holy Crap I told you guys this was a possibility and now your crying about it. All you guys said was it will be well over 50% voting no. Well you guys were wrong. Don’t attack me when I tried to warn you. It’s called apathy.