Dennis Taylor threatens to overrule no vote

Mooseknuckle

Legally bound. Please tell me what the last line means in this?

(2) If less than half of the eligible members cast valid
ballots, then a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting
shall be required to reject such final offer and to
authorize a strike. The failure of such membership
to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as
herein provided shall require the negotiating committee
to accept such final offer or such additional
provisions as can be negotiated by it
."

Final offer? already?

JustDeliverIt

Point is, this is the first vote on the contract. Nothing should be implemented if it was voted down, no matter how awful the turnout is, being a first ballot. Two/three votes in, different story. First vote is hardly a final offer in anyone's view.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Holy Crap I told you guys this was a possibility and now your crying about it. All you guys said was it will be well over 50% voting no. Well you guys were wrong. Don’t attack me when I tried to warn you. It’s called apathy.
It’s called misinformation of the constitutional language. Not once did Taylor say this this initial proposal was the last best and final. But if they want to commit political suicide, be my guest. Just another level of Sean becoming president which I’m all for.

LagunaBrown

Point is, this is the first vote on the contract. Nothing should be implemented if it was voted down, no matter how awful the turnout is, being a first ballot. Two/three votes in, different story. First vote is hardly a final offer in anyone's view.
Who told you that and why did you believe them?

LagunaBrown

It’s called misinformation of the constitutional language. Not once did Taylor say this this initial proposal was the last best and final. But if they want to commit political suicide, be my guest. Just another level of Sean becoming president which I’m all for.
Maybe. I am sure Sean will protest it but I think he will lose. IMO