Dennis Taylor threatens to overrule no vote

opie

Would not look good for them if they impose it, when the majority voted no. They would get a ton of heat from the media and lawmakers. Plus the vote no locals may call their own strike.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
First doesn't it also say for a pass/strike vote? Which this is not

Second I imagine they'd be begging for labor charges out the ass.
That's not how I read it???

When in the judgment of the negotiating committee the involved employer has made a final offer of settle- ment, such negotiating committee shall have the author- ity, with the approval of the General Executive Board, to conduct agreement ratification votes and strike votes on such area, multi-area, multi-employer, national, compa- ny-wide, industry-wide, or Local Union basis as the committee shall determine, except that no such final offer shall be considered to be a contract offer subject to ratification by the membership until it has been reviewed by the Local Unions which are the bargaining represen- tatives of the involved members. In the event a strike is authorized, the said committee shall have the authority, with the approval of the General Executive Board, to direct that the strike be conducted on such area, multi- area, multi-employer, national, company-wide, industry- wide, Local Union, or such other selective basis as the committee shall determine. Results of ratification or rejection votes with respect to master agreements shall be determined by all involved voting members on a cumulative basis of all votes cast as follows:
(1) If at least one half of the members eligible to vote cast valid ballots then a cumulative majority of those voting in favor of the final offer shall result in accept- ance of such offer; and a cumulative majority of those voting against acceptance of the final offer shall author- ize a strike without any additional vote being necessary for such strike authorization. A tie vote shall be resolved as provided in Section 1(b)(l) of this Article.
(2) If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall require the negotiating committee to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When in the judgment of the negotiating committee the involved employer has made a final offer of settle- ment, such negotiating committee shall have the author- ity, with the approval of the General Executive Board, to conduct agreement ratification votes and strike votes on such area, multi-area, multi-employer, national, compa- ny-wide, industry-wide, or Local Union basis as the committee shall determine, except that no such final offer shall be considered to be a contract offer subject to ratification by the membership until it has been reviewed by the Local Unions which are the bargaining represen- tatives of the involved members. In the event a strike is authorized, the said committee shall have the authority, with the approval of the General Executive Board, to direct that the strike be conducted on such area, multi- area, multi-employer, national, company-wide, industry- wide, Local Union, or such other selective basis as the committee shall determine. Results of ratification or rejection votes with respect to master agreements shall be determined by all involved voting members on a cumulative basis of all votes cast as follows:
(1) If at least one half of the members eligible to vote cast valid ballots then a cumulative majority of those voting in favor of the final offer shall result in accept- ance of such offer; and a cumulative majority of those voting against acceptance of the final offer shall author- ize a strike without any additional vote being necessary for such strike authorization. A tie vote shall be resolved as provided in Section 1(b)(l) of this Article.
(2) If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall require the negotiating committee to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.
Yeah I've seen no talk of a final offer at all. Taylor pulling that out of his ass like the 22.4?

LagunaBrown

1AF5FFD3-4B55-4173-B943-5EA5D10447B1.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Face it union sold us out
If this was forced it would be the best argument for a national right to work bill i have ever seen.

It would be political suicide for anyone even lightly associated with Hoffa. It would forever tear the union into two factions and I would think would basically be like Hoffa screaming "hey come investigate me for collusion."

LagunaBrown

If this was forced it would be the best argument for a national right to work bill i have ever seen.

It would be political suicide for anyone even lightly associated with Hoffa. It would forever tear the union into two factions and I would think would basically be like Hoffa screaming "hey come investigate me for collusion.
Apathy

DirtySouth

It would be political suicide for anyone even lightly associated with Hoffa. It would forever tear the union into two factions and I would think would basically be like Hoffa screaming "hey come investigate me for collusion."

I hate to agree but you're absolutely on the money. This would be bigger than the Teamsters. This would have enormous ramifications for the entire American labor movement.