dhl isnt doing too well

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of their (maroon) drivers intentionally blocked me in while I was making the picking at MBE, even though there were several open parking spaces to the left of my pkg car. His reasoning-----"I only have one package to pickup and you are going to be here for a while". Turns out I was done before him and I sat there and laid on the horn until the (maroon) driver finally moved.

timster24

OK, I am embarrassed to admit this, however I am currently stuck with DHL while I fight to get my job back at UPS. Here is how DHL works, everything basically comes in on a plane (twin turbo prop Embraer 120), what doesn't come on plane is usually large pallet and won't fit in the aircraft. The station I work out of gets packages for most of the state and supplies two centers covering 2/3rd of the state. So after the plane arrives, drivers unload it, check it in and run it down the belt, the drivers basically have a list of cities and towns they cover and pull those packages, scan them and load them their own trucks. Then they leave, on routes that can take like 2-3 hours one way delivering somewhere between 20-70 packages a day. You as a driver are required to do whatever it takes to deliver a package and every package has to be signed for, so you are attempting people at work, school or where ever.

Lots of the time during the day, you have dead time, so you have to deliver/pick-up a package between 12-2 and its 1045 so you sit and wait. I sit for about 2 hours out of 9, some routes have more downtime, some have less

Most of the drivers have been in wrecks, get tickets and are constantly talking and texting while driving, masturbating or whatever, which has caused a few accidents, drivers keeps on driving, So clearly driving records and habits don't mean much. Appearance is very lax, basically its up to the supervisor. The pay is horrible. Organization isn't very high. Domestically I don't see DHL doing more to expand themselves in the near future