Diad 6= heavy overtime

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I finally found one thing I like about diad 6. Go find one of your runner's diads and change the language to simplified Chinese. I thought we we're going to have to dial 911. Dude went crazy.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Remember when that guy threw a shoe at George W. Bush ?

1645657569826.png

Last edited:

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Gonna list some things are an improvement over DIAD5 IMO.

Scanner. The 5 was pretty good, but this thing scans everything! Now if they could only fix the problem where it starts slowing down until it takes 3 seconds after you press the scan button for the laser to actually appear.

Entering in unscannable packages. As long as it isn't a giant bulk stop, you can simply find the correct package on the list and select it. If it is a giant bulk stop, probably still better to use the last 4 digits.

Sheeting bulk stops as closed. Only takes one piece, finally! Gone are the days of sitting there hitting orange key, 3,1 over and over.

No more "CIR not available" message. If the 6 gives you the option for CIR, then it for sure can be CIR'd and no having to go back and change it all like with the DIAD5.

Access points now displayed before you hit stop complete. And shows the addresses much clearer than it used to on the 5.

More space for messages and much easier to compose messages thanks to speech to text availability. Just speak the message instead of typing it out.

That's all I can think of right now. I know the list of features that are worse on the 6 than on the 5 is probably ten times as long, but at least they got some stuff right?

I know, it's still a piece of crap.

My main gripe with the thing besides the need to wait for each screen to load before pressing a button, is the lack of shortcut keys. I don't know what genius decided to remove those, but it was really nice to be able to quickly open special counts, look at your pickup log, or pull up your on demand pickups with just one or two button presses. They really need to program some shortcut keys.

And my second biggest gripe is that the touchscreen HAS to be used to access some features. Unlike DIAD5 where you could totally access every feature without ever using the touchscreen, except for signatures obviously. Wearing non touch screen gloves and using this thing is a pain in the butt.

Est.1998

We had to start using this turd. It’s too wide,the buttons too small,touch screen doesnt work,buttons on side placed so when you grab it out of holder you hit buttons. Big screen blocked with useless icons on both sides of address. No name for delivery address. Number of pieces for delivery too small and hidden next to a useless icon. Endless amount of freeze ups per day. Way too many key strokes to deliver. This looks like it was designed by a committee that never delivered a package . It has added at least 30 minutes to an hour to my day. What a shame. Looks like another Orion 1/2 done and a complete mess.
Adding to this:
• doesn't alert you when smart pickups come out.
You either need to check the diad around pickup up time or show up like a dummy for the first few days (like me).
• freezes when they send on call demands or pretty much any notification comes through.
• the diad 6 has 6 ways to record a pkg!
a blue button on the right, left, and the back of the diad. The actual scan button. touching the scan icon on the screen. or, touching the stop.
• doesn't allow you to just view NDA like the commit function on the diad 5.
• the diad 6 ask too many questions.
feels like we're in a relationship.

PVD Scab

My main question about the VI is:

Are the long processing times and repeated necessary restarts/delivery app relaunches that we are currently dealing with a result of the software not being properly optimized yet, or are they due to UPS deciding to go with cheap, outdated hardware.

This is the same software as the PVD phones so it's been in use for a minute now... Has IE still not had time to optimize the software?

@TearsInRain maybe you know? Any other UPS tech people lurking on here?

Guess I'll bother saying that I don't really care about the fact that it slows me down. I get done when I get done and collect my paycheck. Just wondering if UPS really decided to use hardware that isn't capable of properly running the required software to save a few bucks on the cost of the devices.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
My main question about the VI is:

Are the long processing times and repeated necessary restarts/delivery app relaunches that we are currently dealing with a result of the software not being properly optimized yet, or are they due to UPS deciding to go with cheap, outdated hardware.

This is the same software as the PVD phones so it's been in use for a minute now... Has IE still not had time to optimize the software?

@TearsInRain maybe you know? Any other UPS tech people lurking on here?

Guess I'll bother saying that I don't really care about the fact that it slows me down. I get done when I get done and collect my paycheck. Just wondering if UPS really decided to use hardware that isn't capable of properly running the required software to save a few bucks on the cost of the devices.
It's not optimized yet, you are the guinea pigs

AKCoverMan

Like so many things at UPS it could be good if done right, To this day Orion plans commercial stops after they close. if they took time to actually use it to potential it would probably be great., but they just install the software and check it off as “implementation complete” and move on. Then leave the drivers to figure out how to deal with it.

Ghost in the Darkness

My gloves work ok with the touchscreen. Only time I've noticed it not responding is when near the edge of the screen for stop complete or backing out of a menu. I just use the buttons on both sides of the scan button. Overall it does take longer and some extra needless button pushing.
Scan is faster but I don't like the angle but its not a huge issue.
I have no problem with one handed operation and with a glove on at that. Those were the 2 biggest needs for it. I'm not a pouch guy but it fits in the side pocket ok without any accidental button strikes yet.
Extra time to use... yeah whatever... just pay me. It just goes right along with their crappy dispatches.

onewithedd

To leave remarks on a particular package like the 5. you find the package in the list and left swipe tap package info and it’s at the top “remarks”have not run into character limit yet I typed in “possible damage puncture” and it took it