Diad 6= heavy overtime

Ghost in the Darkness

We got diad and belt clips similar to diad 5. I went back to using the old 5 belt clip because it doesn't get caught on my seatbelt like the new one does. It works fine with the new diad 6 clip if anyone is having a similar issue.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
My main question about the VI is:

Are the long processing times and repeated necessary restarts/delivery app relaunches that we are currently dealing with a result of the software not being properly optimized yet, or are they due to UPS deciding to go with cheap, outdated hardware.

This is the same software as the PVD phones so it's been in use for a minute now... Has IE still not had time to optimize the software?

@TearsInRain maybe you know? Any other UPS tech people lurking on here?

Guess I'll bother saying that I don't really care about the fact that it slows me down. I get done when I get done and collect my paycheck. Just wondering if UPS really decided to use hardware that isn't capable of properly running the required software to save a few bucks on the cost of the devices.
See the thing everyone gets wrong is.IE does not do the programming. There are smarter individuals for that, but the problem is IE gives advice on the things needed to be done.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
See the thing everyone gets wrong is.IE does not do the programming. There are smarter individuals for that, but the problem is IE gives advice on the things needed to be done.
Yes....our world class IT dept. Working from home with a laptop eating Cheetos in their pajamas. What would we do without them?

PreTrippin’

A Thousand Miles From Nowhere
I’ve read nothing in this thread except for the title and I say: yes it does please and thank you. I can’t wait to follow mr diad 6 to the end of the earth and back and cha ching my little way right on back home.

Ghost in the Darkness

Well week 1 the diad was usable. They ran an update over the weekend and now I'm restarting it 15-20 times today. The touchscreen stops responding, other buttons stop working, and all smart pickups are grayed out and you can't even open them to do a stop. I recorded pickup pieces under walkup pickup. After restarts it works better for a few stops then goes back to the same problems.
I'm understanding the misery others have shared... its not improving or even staying the same, its getting worse.
Someone said it was problematic today due to the inclement weather... affecting the 5g service. Wouldn't that be great on the bad weather days... we get to fight with the diad too.

rustys954rr

Attachments

• PXL_20220308_033253326.jpg
    PXL_20220308_033253326.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 50

BrownFury

Cool, what about the connecter to the diad? Does it get in the way of the cradle? I heard they stopped making the old clips because of the cradles.

I always preferred those. I was never a big pouch fan

Est.1998

Well week 1 the diad was usable. They ran an update over the weekend and now I'm restarting it 15-20 times today. The touchscreen stops responding, other buttons stop working, and all smart pickups are grayed out and you can't even open them to do a stop. I recorded pickup pieces under walkup pickup. After restarts it works better for a few stops then goes back to the same problems.
I'm understanding the misery others have shared... its not improving or even staying the same, its getting worse.
Someone said it was problematic today due to the inclement weather... affecting the 5g service. Wouldn't that be great on the bad weather days... we get to fight with the diad too.
Yesterday I had an on call i wasn't even aware i had.
This update you speak could be the explanation. I just so happen to filter to pickups and there it was.
The smart pickups are untouchable until an hour they're due. Then they disappear without notice.
The diad kept giving me late notifications for air after they were delivered, all day long.

Ghost in the Darkness

Cool, what about the connecter to the diad? Does it get in the way of the cradle?
Its a different setup... no pins in the cradle. Its induction or magnetic or something and the clip on the diad doesn't interfere with anything as the bottom of the cradle is open. The cradle setup actually is an improvement. Navigation viewing may not be but I don't even pay attention to that so to me that doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Ghost in the Darkness

The smart pickups are untouchable until an hour they're due.
I had 4 or 5 smartpickups from the next route only I'm in that area late morning or midday. They were scheduled for late afternoon when I'm farther out in the country where I have my own pickups to make. When I saw that I couldn't even open them to record pickup pcs I just skipped them and was going to drive back late afternoon and try again. Magically they all (despite different pickup times) disappeared all at once like 2 stops before I was going to break off.