Didn't make drivers Union before peak . Couple days left.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Was told I'd be sent back to warehouse so my days could reset because the route in doing is apparently toooo easy then I'd be pulled back after a month or so and be put on a different route to " prove myself" even though I was scratching and killing my current route. Help !!! I can't go back to making 85 dollars a week !!!

In your very first post, you stated that you had already been with UPS four months. You are (certainly should be) in the union. The very same union as the drivers.

You had the opportunity to drive for peak. You are not now needed as a driver. You will go back to your part-time job until hopefully a full-time positions opens up.

It is what it is.

TheKingOfQueens

Shop steward says there's nothing he can do and I'm pretty much at the mercy of the center manager. Did all that was asked of me . There's gotta be something I can do...

TheKingOfQueens

Not 4 months . From the inside 1 year. Started driving in August and was sent home for 2weeks straight prior to the freeze because all I need is 6 days to make it

By The Book

Long long time ago when I was hired I was told not everyone hired at UPS makes it full time. Seems like that still hasn't changed and never will. There is not enough room for everyone to make it full time.(period)
Your first statement is true, your last statement, funny stuff.

By The Book

Not 4 months . From the inside 1 year. Started driving in August and was sent home for 2weeks straight prior to the freeze because all I need is 6 days to make it
I wouldn't think that peak routes are running in August to November 1st anyway. Is this a regular route that ran before you were on it?, with a schedule of pickups also? Was another driver removed from this route so you could drive it? We're you going thru a 30 day packet where your performance was reviewed? Brownslave asked a good question. If I'm in your shoes I have already written down everything, there is too much at stake here to just go with the flow.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Shop steward says there's nothing he can do and I'm pretty much at the mercy of the center manager. Did all that was asked of me . There's gotta be something I can do...

It's a numbers game. Always has, always will. You are on the cusp of going full-time, but they have enough drivers apparently.
Keep working Saturday air, keep your nose clean, and remember that being a union employee means your number will be called eventually.

TheKingOfQueens

I wouldn't think that peak routes are running in August to November 1st anyway. Is this a regular route that ran before you were on it?, with a schedule of pickups also? Was another driver removed from this route so you could drive it? We're you going thru a 30 day packet where your performance was reviewed? Brownslave asked a good question. If I'm in your shoes I have already written down everything, there is too much at stake here to just go with the flow.

It was a route that a driver retired off of and yes I was going through the 40 day packet. Pickups yes .

By The Book

It was a route that a driver retired off of and yes I was going through the 40 day packet. Pickups yes .
Was this the only route you were on?,and you received evaluations where they went over your progress? You were paid starting rate of a full time progression? How many days did you drive?

O

OLDMAN3

Wait for a bid to come up and sign it....Or perhaps you think killing a route put you at the front of the line? Wait 6 to 10 years like the rest of us did.

O

OLDMAN3

Was this the only route you were on?,and you received evaluations where they went over your progress? You were paid starting rate of a full time progression? How many days did you drive?
Doesn't really matter. center manager sent him down, and Union said it was legit. So even if the Center messed up and worked him too many days the Union isn't going to fight for him. If he makes it a fight, He will likely be blacklisted next time.

TheKingOfQueens

Bingo there's your grievance.

Should of been filed back when it was happening though.

I'm still working until he 15th haven't been sent back yet and from what I hear holidays that past through peak go towards my 40 which would mean I have I day left to work once the freeze is over . Help please my fellow ups Brothas

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Doesn't really matter. center manager sent him down, and Union said it was legit. So even if the Center messed up and worked him too many days the Union isn't going to fight for him. If he makes it a fight, He will likely be blacklisted next time.
Union didn't say it was legit steward did and we all know some stewards ain't the greatest. He should call his business agent. But even all of those are on the up and up.