Didn't make drivers Union before peak . Couple days left.

O

OLDMAN3

True, BA would be a better source. But I have never met a BA that considered accidentally working a driver past the deadline a fight worth taking on. Usually it just hastens the driver being sent back.

TheKingOfQueens

True, BA would be a better source. But I have never met a BA that considered accidentally working a driver past the deadline a fight worth taking on.

Haven't worked past the deadline yet. Just asking for help on what would be the best route to take to get this job and be able to make book. Really want to start a family and can't on part time pay

PT Car Washer

True, BA would be a better source. But I have never met a BA that considered accidentally working a driver past the deadline a fight worth taking on. Usually it just hastens the driver being sent back.
I have seen drivers work past the free period and were made FT but it was not an accident. The fix was in.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe you need to go back and read the whole thread.

The op started his driver packet in August but was layed off 2 weeks while seasonals worked. That's why he didn't get his days.

watdaflock?

Was told I'd be sent back to warehouse so my days could reset because the route in doing is apparently toooo easy then I'd be pulled back after a month or so and be put on a different route to " prove myself" even though I was scratching and killing my current route.
Woah dude.

Help !!! I can't go back to making 85 dollars a week !!!
Sure you can. You just don't want to.

O

OLDMAN3

I am just trying to be strait with you. IF your BA wants to fight for you after you work several days past the deadline you might have a shot. But I doubt any BA will take this on. The most likely outcome would be the BA telling the center manager that you either have to start giving these guys permanent driving jobs, OR send them back. Guess which will happen 99% of the time? Also you don't want to fight with the center manager for this job unless you are sure the BA will go the distance for you.

TheKingOfQueens

I am just trying to be strait with you. IF your BA wants to fight for you after you work several days past the deadline you might have a shot. But I doubt any BA will take this on. The most likely outcome would be the BA telling the center manager that you either have to start giving these guys permanent driving jobs, OR send them back. Guess which will happen 99% of the time? Also you don't want to fight with the center manager for this job unless you are sure the BA will go the distance for you.

center manager told me not to worry . Told me I'd be sent back for a month and as soon as my days fall off he'd pull me back and put me on a "real" training route . What I don't understand is why put me on a route that apparently is too easy. Took me a while to start scratching but when he told me I needed to scratch for 10 consecutive days guess what ..... I did

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
center manager told me not to worry . Told me I'd be sent back for a month and as soon as my days fall off he'd pull me back and put me on a "real" training route . What I don't understand is why put me on a route that apparently is too easy. Took me a while to start scratching but when he told me I needed to scratch for 10 consecutive days guess what ..... I did
You don't need to scratch 10 consecutive days.

PT Car Washer

This all sounds like a verbal agreement. Not worth the paper it isn't written on.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Eighty five a week? Are you in Mexico?
mexican-food-funny.jpg
lmfao

TheKingOfQueens

This all sounds like a verbal agreement. Not worth the paper it isn't written on.

No I getcha. I'm just saying I did all I was asked to do . I'm being sent back cuz the route I was on was too easy basically . Mentioned it to shop steward and even he was like that makes no sense . At the end of the day I feel my supposed Union Brothas won't fight for me

Ms.PacMan

No I getcha. I'm just saying I did all I was asked to do . I'm being sent back cuz the route I was on was too easy basically . Mentioned it to shop steward and even he was like that makes no sense . At the end of the day I feel my supposed Union Brothas won't fight for me
Your center manager can't make up new rules and your Union brothas aren't going to fight for some made up bogus crap the center manager told you. center manager will deny everything.

You aren't being sent back because the route was too easy. You just didn't make seniority. Running scratch is only part of the equation, you have to get your days in.

And get over that "I feel" crap, it sounds whiny and will make ppl dislike you at UPS.

PT Car Washer

Your center manager can't make up new rules and your Union brothas aren't going to fight for some made up bogus crap the center manager told you. center manager will deny everything.

You aren't being sent back because the route was too easy. You just didn't make seniority. Running scratch is only part of the equation, you have to get your days in.

And get over that "I feel" crap, it sounds whiny and will make ppl dislike you at UPS.
We had drivers that did not qualify FT package car but were still used as seasonal during Peak. Some are still working. They will be sent back to their PT jobs either by the second Friday in January or when the volume drops off enough that they are no longer needed.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
At the end of the day I feel my supposed Union Brothas won't fight for me
Okay Sparky, watch it with that noise. Bottom line is you were played, but they played by the rules. If management felt you were a quality driver that they wanted based on your performance they would have granted you seniority. If in over four months you haven't "proven" yourself to them, then you didn't prove yourself.

Volume is strong for the next month then drops off for a few months (when most newbies get laid
off), so for them to not use you for the next month then bring you on during the slowest time of the year doesn't make sense.

For them to say they'll put you on a harder route if your performance wasn't acceptable on an "easy" route makes no sense. If you didn't get your 30 days before the free period, you didn't get your 30 days. It wasn't an accident that they didn't work you for a couple weeks. This was likely planned in case they didn't like you/your performance.

PT Car Washer

Okay Sparky, watch it with that noise. Bottom line is you were played, but they played by the rules. If management felt you were a quality driver that they wanted based on your performance they would have granted you seniority. If in over four months you haven't "proven" yourself to them, then you didn't prove yourself.

Volume is strong for the next month then drops off for a few months (when most newbies get laid
off), so for them to not use you for the next month then bring you on during the slowest time of the year doesn't make sense.

For them to say they'll put you on a harder route if your performance wasn't acceptable on an "easy" route makes no sense. If you didn't get your 30 days before the free period, you didn't get your 30 days. It wasn't an accident that they didn't work you for a couple weeks. This was likely planned in case they didn't like you/your performance.
I have to agree with TooTechie on his evaluation of your situation. Not everyone makes it the first time they try to qualify. You made a few extra bucks for a few months and now you go into survival mode. Most of us have been there. For some of us it is a career working 2 or 3 jobs all at the same time.

wayfair

swollen member
in my neck, drivers that DID have the impetus to drive were simply sidelined to all of the drivers hired to cover this peak... how do you grieve that?? we're trying!!!