Didn't make drivers Union before peak . Couple days left.

TheKingOfQueens

Okay Sparky, watch it with that noise. Bottom line is you were played, but they played by the rules. If management felt you were a quality driver that they wanted based on your performance they would have granted you seniority. If in over four months you haven't "proven" yourself to them, then you didn't prove yourself.

Volume is strong for the next month then drops off for a few months (when most newbies get laid
off), so for them to not use you for the next month then bring you on during the slowest time of the year doesn't make sense.

For them to say they'll put you on a harder route if your performance wasn't acceptable on an "easy" route makes no sense. If you didn't get your 30 days before the free period, you didn't get your 30 days. It wasn't an accident that they didn't work you for a couple weeks. This was likely planned in case they didn't like you/your performance.

Is it 30 or 40?

TheKingOfQueens

[q uote="Dr.Brown, post: 1486083, member: 44531"]file...[/quote]

If I were to file what would I file? What would be my grievance ?? Just checked my days . All I need is 2

O

OLDMAN3

If its 30 I'm already in if its 40 I have 1 day left
Once again, you are not in unless your BA wants to fight for you, since your center manager said no. I hope you have been going to the Union meetings. Considering you think your Brothers are not going to fight for you, you will probably blame the Union instead of the center manager who played you. Don't be a fool and file unless you know this is something your BA will back you on.

TheKingOfQueens

Once again, you are not in unless your BA wants to fight for you, since your center manager said no. I hope you have been going to the Union meetings. Considering you think your Brothers are not going to fight for you, you will probably blame the Union instead of the center manager who played you. Don't be a fool and file unless you know this is something your BA will back you on.

Not blaming the union . I did get played .. What meant was my steward doesn't seem at all interested in helping me out . Do you think management might forget how many days I have and I can get those 2 days in right after peak then once they try and send me back I could be like I already hit my 40 sorry :)

O

OLDMAN3

Not blaming the union . I did get played .. What meant was my steward doesn't seem at all interested in helping me out . Do you think management might forget how many days I have and I can get those 2 days in right after peak then once they try and send me back I could be like I already hit my 40 sorry :)
Nope.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Once you pass the denial phase and enter acceptance, it might be a good idea to spend your time wisely looking for a new job. Besides, something to consider: you won't be making top driver rate for four years even if you did qualify your 40 working days.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
This thread is confusing. I started driving in august sent back for two weeks 30 days 2 more days 40 days free period....... Wtf are you guys on about. OP it sounds like they used you in august when vacations were maxed and instead of sending a supervisor to take a route out they used a part timer. Now that its peak they are using you again cuz they need a butt to fill a seat. I'm pretty sure all this allowed. My roommate is a part time Saturday air driver and he gets called all the time to come in Monday through Friday to take a route out when they take too many sick calls or what have you. OP I think you are putting the cart in front of the horse. In order for these 40 days to count as your full time probation you have to be brought in as the newest full time driver to your center. I.e. you get the call from h.r. it will go like this, hello OP this is ups hr we are calling you about going part time to full time driver. We have a spot open in blank center. Next you say YES!!! then they go OK you report to blank center on Tuesday. That Tuesday starts your forty days. Unless you got that call and your the next part timer sitting at the top of the list, your going back to part time

TheKingOfQueens

This thread is confusing. I started driving in august sent back for two weeks 30 days 2 more days 40 days free period....... Wtf are you guys on about. OP it sounds like they used you in august when vacations were maxed and instead of sending a supervisor to take a route out they used a part timer. Now that its peak they are using you again cuz they need a butt to fill a seat. I'm pretty sure all this allowed. My roommate is a part time Saturday air driver and he gets called all the time to come in Monday through Friday to take a route out when they take too many sick calls or what have you. OP I think you are putting the cart in front of the horse. In order for these 40 days to count as your full time probation you have to be brought in as the newest full time driver to your center. I.e. you get the call from h.r. it will go like this, hello OP this is ups hr we are calling you about going part time to full time driver. We have a spot open in blank center. Next you say YES!!! then they go OK you report to blank center on Tuesday. That Tuesday starts your forty days. Unless you got that call and your the next part timer sitting at the top of the list, your going back to part time

Was the next on top of the list . Went through the while hr process . Did report to the center and was the newest full time driver . I have 2 days left to make book after the freeze if its 40 . If it 30 in in

clean hairy

Don't you have to work your 30 or however many days probation within a certain number of calender days?
Sounds as though they might be trying to have it reset?
Of course with the holidays, that adds another part to the equation.

P

pickup

Pardon me, I am just a fearless explorer trying to follow Denial river back to its source, it passes through this thread so don't mind me as I follow it. I have seen it pass through a few other recent threads as well.

Doesn't the King of Queens' avatar seem to mesh up well with his rather bright eyed overly over the top expectations?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Was the next on top of the list . Went through the while hr process . Did report to the center and was the newest full time driver . I have 2 days left to make book after the freeze if its 40 . If it 30 in in
So what are you worried about. If you got hired on as a full timer you won't be laid off, because your full time.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have seen the same thing happen to a driver in my center. He restarted his 30 the April following peak. He made seniority then.

P

pickup

Not 4 months . From the inside 1 year. Started driving in August and was sent home for 2weeks straight prior to the freeze because all I need is 6 days to make it

If its 30 I'm already in if its 40 I have 1 day left

So how many days more do you need to qualify? One post you say 1, another post you say 2, and in another post you say 6. Get your numbers straight.