Diesel Fuel In The Gas Tank

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
source-1.gif

See @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U it fits.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
If you put diesel in a gas truck, you could not go far enough to need a tow. Assuming you fueled on property.
Actually it was a full tank of gasoline in a diesel international. The driver never started it up. Saw his mistake way too late and had them call the wrecker.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I've had to dispose of about 600 gallons in the last 6 months due to people not being observant and not knowing a few salient facts at the fuel island.

rod

Retired 22 years
AAA

As Miami Valley area families head out for spring break getaways, AAA urges drivers to be cautious when refueling vehicles at unfamiliar gas stations. AAA Tire & Auto manager Jason Brown says accidentally pumping the wrong fuel into your vehicle can lead to costly repairs.

Brown warns this can easily occur when a driver assumes a green nozzle at an unfamiliar station indicates the pump dispenses diesel fuel. While this is often true, it is not always the case. There are no legal requirements for fuel nozzle colors. Today, diesel fuel is dispensed through nozzles that may be green, black, yellow.
Listen to me people ---Green is NOT always diesel.

Poop Head

Judge me.
AAA

As Miami Valley area families head out for spring break getaways, AAA urges drivers to be cautious when refueling vehicles at unfamiliar gas stations. AAA Tire & Auto manager Jason Brown says accidentally pumping the wrong fuel into your vehicle can lead to costly repairs.

Brown warns this can easily occur when a driver assumes a green nozzle at an unfamiliar station indicates the pump dispenses diesel fuel. While this is often true, it is not always the case. There are no legal requirements for fuel nozzle colors. Today, diesel fuel is dispensed through nozzles that may be green, black, yellow or
I've seen it where every pump handle is black.

iruhnman630

I once put gas in a diesel as an air driver covering a letter box pickup route.

We rarely drove diesels at the time and I gave my gas 3-cube to the shuttle driver at the meet point, drove the diesel back, and pulled up to the same gas pump I used everyday.

They tried to charge me with destruction of UPS property and make me fight for my job and pay the $6000 repair bill. I got lucky when the whole thing disappeared in a management change.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've seen pumps that have 5 or 6 different blends of fuel. Their nozzle handles look like something out of a gay pride parade.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
See...diesel is yellow, green, and black.
@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U facter

AAA

Brown warns this can easily occur when a driver assumes a green nozzle at an unfamiliar station indicates the pump dispenses diesel fuel. While this is often true, it is not always the case. There are no legal requirements for fuel nozzle colors. Today, diesel fuel is dispensed through nozzles that may be green, black, yellow.
Told ya.