Discharge for being late

ski or die

Ski or Die
I show up no less than 30min early to PCM. Organizing my airs and sorting the truck are critical to my success on road
We just recently had a thread where a driver was discharged for working off the clock. I understand trying to impress while under 30 days, but they will expect you to meet the standards you are setting now at a later date and life may become difficult when they compare what standards you were able to achieve during the 30 days and how you have not been meeting those same numbers after your 30 days.

peanutbuttermm

Fired for a single lateness?? Unless you are a new hire....

BS....BS....BS....:bsbullf:

Attendance problems fall under progressive discipline. You cannot be suspended or fired for being late once or twice.

Even if they look back and determine....well for the year this far, you were late 40 times, and you were never disciplined for any of them....they would still have to start with a warning letter.
When the :censored2: did I say that it was my first occurance? Lmao god the trolls on BC.

I filed on every write up I was given.

moldsporh

Don't be late, real simple.

Leave earlier until you can get to the parking lot with no less than 15 min to spare, 30 is good.

If it's a traffic situation then it's too unpredictable, be 30 min early and hang out.

Returntosender

Another department one employee comes to work late everyday and nothing happens to that employee. Other union members have that employee video coming late. To use incase management tries to discipline them for lates.

Whargoul

I show up 10-15 mins before start time - that is plenty of time. I don't ever sort my truck off the clock. I come in and see what route im doing and then im ready to go. I'll sort the truck after my airs if I absolutely have to.

UPSGUY72

When the :censored2: did I say that it was my first occurance? Lmao god the trolls on BC.

I filed on every write up I was given.

We don't know your entire discipline history but what I got from your three post you have a history of being in trouble. Good luck you only can go to the well so many times before it's empty. How hard is it to show up the work on time ?? Being on the UNION doesn't mean you have the right to do what you want and still keep your job you still need to follow the rules.

Dr.Brownz

Basically, it worked like this: Lombardi expected his players and coaches to be 15 minutes early to meetings and practices. Not on time — 15 minutes early. If they weren’t, he considered them “late.” Thus, it came to be called Lombardi time.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebus...au-field-clock-reaches-back-to-lombardi-time/

Just curious: Did a HR person by the name of Stan (W? I think can't quite recall his last name) tell you this phrase? I've heard this phrase from multiple HR people at UPS. Where did you first hear this phrase? UPS or elsewhere?

To the thread:

Personally I walk in 2 minutes before start time, punch in on the DIAD and go sit in the breakroom till the PCM starts. Then I go grab my info notes and pens and then go put my stuff in my truck.

peanutbuttermm

We don't know your entire discipline history but what I got from your three post you have a history of being in trouble. Good luck you only can go to the well so many times before it's empty. How hard is it to show up the work on time ?? Being on the UNION doesn't mean you have the right to do what you want and still keep your job you still need to follow the rules.
That's exactly what a union is baby girl

UPSGUY72

That's exactly what a union is baby girl

You got it wrong.... Sooner or later your shop steward and BA are going wash there hands of you as there is going to be a time when there is nothing they are going to be able to do for you to get you your job back... They usually set themselves up by making you sign a last chance agreement. I have seen it happen I have also seen people walk away after final reading the writing on the wall.

It's a good thing your in the union now and not back in the day when your brother ans sister would take people like you out back and tell you to shape up or start looking for another job sometime in not so nice of a way.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Jqyqo9.gif