Discipline for not knowing safety questions 100%

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Everyone complains about memorizing this stuff but nobody discusses the reason we have Keter audits. Sorry to say it is the teamsters. It is teamsters that went to osha and the keter audits are part of the settlement between osha and ups. Although I think all this memorizing is rediculous....the people you need to buddy at is our own brothers!

Let me get this straight.

UPS is breaking OSHA mandated safety regulations, causing drivers and other employees to be in an unsafe working environment.(Which they had already contractually agreed to fix) And you think it is the fault of the people that reported those infractions that new rules were put in place to make sure THE COMPANY follows those guidlines.

I suppose you blame a woman that dresses scantily for getting raped too!!!

Not talking about who is right or wrong, not talking about contracts or women raped. Just talking about the bottom line of what caused the keter audits.

UPSSOCKS

Then, enlighten me with your brilliance.

Enlightening you is a task to great for me, but I will try to explain in small words. Imagine what "our world" would be like without Keter. Keter keeps us in check and makes safety important to us. Keter is there to keep OSHA away. Also some of the Keter stuff differs from OSHA regulations to make the company a safer place. Like everything else it's about $ at UPS and Keter helps us prevent injuries that cost money. Why do we have Keter? Without them who would you go to for safety concerns? Their wouldn't be a safety committee. The Union? They just want your dues, they don't care about your safety or well being. We didn't get Keter because we couldn't stay in compliance with OSHA guidelines, we hired Keter because OSHA's guidlines weren't good enough to keep our employees safe.

As far as for hiring Keter, the first step would be to contact Keter Consulting...

Integrity

Binge Poster
Enlightening you is a task to great for me, but I will try to explain in small words. Imagine what "our world" would be like without Keter. Keter keeps us in check and makes safety important to us. Keter is there to keep OSHA away. Also some of the Keter stuff differs from OSHA regulations to make the company a safer place. Like everything else it's about $ at UPS and Keter helps us prevent injuries that cost money. Why do we have Keter? Without them who would you go to for safety concerns? Their wouldn't be a safety committee. The Union? They just want your dues, they don't care about your safety or well being. We didn't get Keter because we couldn't stay in compliance with OSHA guidelines, we hired Keter because OSHA's guidlines weren't good enough to keep our employees safe.

As far as for hiring Keter, the first step would be to contact Keter Consulting...
UPSSOCKS,

THe origins of the Keter Audits can be found in the CSA between The Secretary of Labor of the United States Department of Labor and United Parcel Service.

You can read it for yourself here:

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_id=836&p_table=CWSA

Sincerely,
I

804brown

LOL. UPS does NOT care about our safety. Only keeping their profits "safe"!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
After reading that, I see nothing in there about the 5 & 10 or anything else about safety questions being answered to comply with thr OSHA mandates.

NOTICE: This is an OSHA Archive Document, and may no longer represent OSHA Policy. It is presented here as historical content, for research and review purposes only.

Integrity

Binge Poster
After reading that, I see nothing in there about the 5 & 10 or anything else about safety questions being answered to comply with thr OSHA mandates.
grgrcr88,

This was only posted to show the origins of the UPS use of an independent auditor.

The settlement was in the early 90's.

As you know the 5 and 10 and other elements such as yard safety and egress are more recent.

Sincerely,
I