Disgusted Union Members = Trump Vs. Hillary

rod

Retired 22 years
I never used any Veterans benefits when I got out. When my Brother - in - law became Commander of the local VFW about 10 years ago he talked me into signing up for VA healthcare because I was a Vietnam Vet and automatically qualified for it due to the fact I had proof I had been in areas where Agent Orange was heavily used. I doctor both at a regular clinic and at the local VA clinic. The VA Clinic just offers basic healthcare and if anything drastic came up I would have to go to the VA in Minneapolis. That is why I also use our local regular clinic because I do everything possible to stay out of Mpls/St.Paul. The two clinics work with each other when it comes to meds. What it boils down to is I could have been getting a VA disability check for years and years if I would have pursued it but I just never felt I wanted to go that route---------up until my Teamster Pension check was threated. I now get $268 a month tax free from the VA. It wouldn't have made up for the pension check being cut in half but it would have softened the blow. For now its just extra play money. If the day comes I would probably qualify for close to a grand a month if I felt like jumping through all the hoops.

1000RR

Trump and Hillary are both clueless. I'm with Gary Johnson. He won't win but he has the best track record and hopefully the Libertarian ball will get rolling. I'll be damned if I'm gonna vote for a democrat or republican. For the last 16 years we have had nothing but CRAP presidents from BOTH SIDES. They are one in the same and only care about themselves. You may say it is a wasted vote but oh well. For me it is either vote Libertarian or don't vote at all, and people wonder why so many people don't vote? I wonder why.......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only veteran benefit that I am entitled to use is the VA Loan, which I have used several times. 3% loan origination fee, no down payment, low closing costs, competitive APR.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Lol if you think Hillary is a liberal. You probably think Obama is one too. Christ some of you have your heads so far stuck up your butt it's amazing.
"Liberal" is to governmental politics as "TDU" is to our Union politics in this forum.

In the end, neither is the Boogie Man as portrayed by some, rather a view point off center or counter to the polar opposite.

I have adopted a "filter" to dismiss this rhetoric, while concentrating on legitimate facts and figures.

BrownArmy

Both parties have moved so far 'right', I'm not sure the traditional labels apply.

Aside from social issues, Hillary is pretty far right of center.

10 point

IMG_20160724_214830.jpg

Filter or sump pump?

10 point

Where did you get that definition?
Michelle Obama
IMG_20160801_235125.jpg

More riots, more racial hate, more killings than ever, bowing down to (other) Muslim Kings, promoting perversion as protected privilege protected by hate crime litigation, happy golf outing coverage while Americans and our troops die from being deserted, and the defamation of police to the point that the losers of society have declared open season on selfless officers everywhere in this country.

I'll be glad when I no longer have to change channels to avoid his face and scripted propaganda. Good riddance.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
22 years of Army service. We were always classified as prior service or a combat vet. Even if all you did was wash dishes or ran a typewriter in a combat zone you were a vet.
From the VA site:
What is a Veteran? The Legal Definition - VA.ORG
What is a Veteran? Title 38 of the Code of Federal Regulations defines a veteran as “a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.” This definition explains that any individual that completed a service for any branch of armed forces classifies as a veteran as long as they were not dishonorably discharged.

PT Car Washer

From the VA site:
What is a Veteran? The Legal Definition - VA.ORG
What is a Veteran? Title 38 of the Code of Federal Regulations defines a veteran as “a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.” This definition explains that any individual that completed a service for any branch of armed forces classifies as a veteran as long as they were not dishonorably discharged.
Guess that makes me a Vet. The benefit package for war vets and prior service and retired military are completely different. I do not collect any veteran benefits but I draw a retired military pension and full Tricare medical benefits for myself and the Mrs.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Guess that makes me a Vet. The benefit package for war vets and prior service and retired military are completely different. I do not collect any veteran benefits but I draw a retired military pension and full Tricare medical benefits for myself and the Mrs.
So you are basically dual medical covered ... Nice. How does the ups care compare to the military??