Diverting send agains to ups stores after one delivery attempt

ronzo14

Is this happening anywhere else besides California? After one attempt packages are automatically sent to ups stores to be picked up by consigned without customer requesting it. Obviously the company is trying to save money and get more traffic to the ups stores. This is taking Union work away from our clerks by the ups stores handling them. Ups is also using non ups store locations for this and many customer complaints of missing packages when they go to pick them up and no security control.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Is this happening anywhere else besides California? After one attempt packages are automatically sent to ups stores to be picked up by consigned without customer requesting it. Obviously the company is trying to save money and get more traffic to the ups stores. This is taking Union work away from our clerks by the ups stores handling them. Ups is also using non ups store locations for this and many customer complaints of missing packages when they go to pick them up and no security control.
TLDR.

It's called "access points"'. Ttku

Ms.PacMan

The access point (a little coffee joint) for my route is farther away than the customer counter or the UPS store. I don't get that.

S

selfcancelsignal

The access point (a little coffee joint) for my route is farther away than the customer counter or the UPS store. I don't get that.
& one of our access points is like 1 block from our center. I don't get that either.

MendozaJ

I was told it is the shipper that requests the access point delivery. Our building doesn't allow heavier items (dog food) to be left at APs even if they pop up AP.

Ms.PacMan

We never had a discussion about access points in our center. Why don't they just sign up a big retailer like CVS?

I would personally like a store like CVS. I would think to myself - good, at least I can get milk, tp, a birthday card, etc and not make a second trip somewhere on the way home.

undies

I've been back to work a few weeks and already had 5 people yell at me over this. So unless I'm forced to use this AP, I just don't use it and make my 3 attempts.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We never had a discussion about access points in our center. Why don't they just sign up a big retailer like CVS?

I would personally like a store like CVS. I would think to myself - good, at least I can get milk, tp, a birthday card, etc and not make a second trip somewhere on the way home.
Because with how little we pay them it's not worth the headache.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Yeah so the Amazon package that has paper towels, snacks, and a case of water in it could be picked up by the customer in a store that sells these very items. Lmao. Probably already happens a lot. Thanks UPS!

barnyard

KTM rider

Because it is a really, really crappy deal for the access point. We had one sign up near a college, at the end of the 1st week, they said they had to limit the number brought in because they did not have the space to store them.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This might be a convenience in Lower Manhattan if you can walk there. If you have to drive to get your package you aren't getting the service you payed for(or didn't pay for).