Diverting send agains to ups stores after one delivery attempt

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's primarily for non-DR areas to cut down on send agains. It's terrible service to make it mandatory for consignees. Shippers do not opt in. All packages will go AP unless the shipper opts out (like Sprint, or Comcast initially) or the package is over like 35lbs or the shipper enters the DWT and it's too big. This often fails as you read earlier with the 90 lb grill.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We went on Access Points a few months ago and the customers hate it for the most part. Some of my customers have to go to a Shell gas station that is further than the nearer UPS Store. One part of my delivery area makes me send stuff to a UPS Store that is further away from a closer UPS Store, because that one is in a different Center that doesn't use them yet. We have a restaurant, grocery store, and a computer repair shop that acts as Access Points too. I wish the stinking wine deliveries would go there.

Last edited:

billerz

The access point (a little coffee joint) for my route is farther away than the customer counter or the UPS store. I don't get that.
Sometimes the Diad will give you multiple choices for access points. If the ups store you're talking about opted in, then they should pop up, and you can use them instead of the coffee shop.

billerz

I sometimes cover a route that has to reattempt access point packages the same day, and I normally deliver them when I close out the ups store. What would happen if I was out after they closed and had to access point something, I'm guessing just bring the package back to the center?

rod

Retired 22 years
Wow-------the company is bound and determined to get out of the actual "delivery" business. Take stuff to the Post Office-Take stuff to an access point---it won't be long when just a handful of people will be all that is required to operate. And you people are worried about beards.

QKRSTKR

It's crazy.the S in service is surely gone. I understand doing it by request.but to just drop a package off somewhere else I would be pissed. I paid for UPS to deliver it to my door. Not the corner store. If people wanted it done can't they sign up at a ups store and have their stuff delivered there?

Teamsters continue to let the company bend us over. Sure post now this.

Ms.PacMan

Sometimes the Diad will give you multiple choices for access points. If the ups store you're talking about opted in, then they should pop up, and you can use them instead of the coffee shop.
Both the customer counter and ups store are (technically) in other cities, but closer - just a guess why they don't show up as a choice.

clean hairy

It's crazy.the S in service is surely gone. I understand doing it by request.but to just drop a package off somewhere else I would be :censored2:. I paid for UPS to deliver it to my door. Not the corner store. If people wanted it done can't they sign up at a ups store and have their stuff delivered there?

Teamsters continue to let the company bend us over. Sure post now this.
Was at one of my favorite eateries (No, NOT Dairy Queen!!!) and, one of the Servers asked if I knew what this meant.
I was handed an Info Notice, had illegible scrawling on it (Driver musta been a Dr before becoming a Driver)
Between us and other folks there, we were able to decipher it was at a store to be picked up.
Needless to say, the server was unhappy, having paid for delivery to house, and NOT to a store!
Directed her to 800# to submit her complaint!

clean hairy

What is next?
UPS will buy some of these closed down Walmart Mini marts and turn them into Access Points, for pickup only with 1 or 2 on staff?
Hours of 4PM-9PM?