Diverting send agains to ups stores after one delivery attempt

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Because it is a really, really crappy deal for the access point. We had one sign up near a college, at the end of the 1st week, they said they had to limit the number brought in because they did not have the space to store them.
At least when we started it here, all AP's had a set limit on how many they could take.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What would happen if I was out after they closed and had to access point something, I'm guessing just bring the package back to the center?
It will be a clerk package. They will scan it and print out a new label and place it with the send agains. Will be delivered the next day.

FilingBluesFL

We never had a discussion about access points in our center. Why don't they just sign up a big retailer like CVS?

I would personally like a store like CVS. I would think to myself - good, at least I can get milk, tp, a birthday card, etc and not make a second trip somewhere on the way home.

I wouldn't mind my stuff being dropped off if the AP was an Adult store...

Preferably one with an arcade...

But that's just me...

542thruNthru

The poor guys at my UPS store are sick of being yelled at everyday about access point. They told me they have 3 or 4 people a day upset that they had to come pick up their package. We've had a few access points drop out because they were tired of trying to explain to people it wasn't them that did it.

welovelogistics

What can brown do for you
In my area (big city), there is an access point in a computer repair shop immediately up the street from me, and a few others as well as a UPS Store that are within a mile radius. We also have about 6-8 drop boxes within a mile or two radius. Also, in my area, the majority of packages get the three attempts unless the customer requests access point. Shipper should not have that option, access points are generally for customer convenience purposes or for oversize packages. Side note: they don't even pick up or drop off at the access point near me until the guy's done his route. And they don't scan the pkg's in until they get back to the center. Lol.