Do we deserve $32+/hour

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a few ups drivers that liked to wear their pants about half down their crack. Looked freakin terrible. Everyday I'd say looks like u need to tighten your belt a little.

They always said man this is just how they fit. I call BS pull up your pants and tighten your belt!!!!!!!

Indecisi0n

102201d1350017352-sagging-pants-stupidest-fashion-all-time-saggin.jpg

S

serenity now

I actually have 2. A peacock - I've had for more than 20 years and it rarely sees the light of day and a dragon I've had for more than 10 years. That one sees daylight regularly. :happy-very:

hold on, hold on * 2 is not a few; it takes at least 3 to be a few * what about the other one? are you holding something back?

Last edited by a moderator:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
hold on, hold on * 2 is not a few; it takes at least 3 to be a few * what about the other one? are you holding something back?

When I said a few I was not paying attention to what I was saying. I should have said a couple. 2 is the number but the 3rd one is on the wish list. :happy-very:

UPS Preloader

To get this back on track... Do I think the FT drivers are worth $32+ an hour? Without a doubt, YES. Do I think the FT drivers are worth $32+ an hour plus an additional $17+ in H&W benefits? I think so. Regardless of what some of the part timers think, driving might seem easier physically, but there is lot of stress and responsibility being a driver. I myself have no interest in becoming a driver.

klein

Für Meno :)
Just a thought : The same job driving for UPS in Mexico probably only pays $10/hr. In Asia, like Bangladesh , probably just $1/hr.

Marlin3030hntr

To get this back on track... Do I think the FT drivers are worth $32+ an hour? Without a doubt, YES. Do I think the FT drivers are worth $32+ an hour plus an additional $17+ in H&W benefits? I think so. Regardless of what some of the part timers think, driving might seem easier physically, but there is lot of stress and responsibility being a driver. I myself have no interest in becoming a driver.

It's rare that people will admit they couldn't handle driving, I'm just getting into it i.e. cover driving (if it passes i will be on the 4yr progression plan to hit top rate) and I am excited because I excel under pressure and I like the feeling. I get invigorated when I see a bulk stop of mine with 100+pcs coming down the belt at once and I know I gotta throw it in(or stack it) fast, been doing so for nearly 7 years, feeling that we are worth the $33hr is a good feeling as long as you don't get stuck in the mindset that most drivers i work with do that it isn't enough and they always deserve more, while us pters listen and they bitched that they are broke and only made $90000 last year while my wife and I combined with me working 2 jobs made 52k and are living comfortably it bothers me because I know that mindset is always the downfall of union organizations and why much of the populous is against union work nowadays. Being worth the pay is one thing others understanding and agreeing why is another and an issue we will always face, personally on the next contract I would be content with a wage cap and a cola instead. Just a personal opinion