Do we deserve $32+/hour

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

lol, crossing in front of the truck smoking a cigarette means a guys a young buck that needs your mentoring?

Yes.

If you come to my front door to deliver a package, fix my cable, drop off my newspaper, etc., with a cigarette dangling from your lips, I have formed an opinion of you and your employer.

S

serenity now

Dave, something tells me that you quickly form an opinion about everyone you come into contact with (maybe a little too quickly)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
To pull another driver aside in the morning like a SUP to try to "mentor" him. If I see another driver on his cell phone, I might let him know that he shouldn't do that....but I'm for DAMN sure not going to read him the riot act over it.

I guess I missed something, cuz I didn't read anywhere where there was a riot act read. You have no idea what was said or how it was said. Your assuming........................

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I guess I missed something, cuz I didn't read anywhere where there was a riot act read. You have no idea what was said or how it was said. Your assuming........................

Seeing as it was Dave who was doing the talking, it's less of an assumption and more of a inference based on his posts and my opinion of him.

kingOFchester

What a :censored2:. Know several good people with tattoos that are some of the most caring down to earth people.

Why judge someone for how they choose to express themselves. What a :censored2: bag one would have to be to judge

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just my two cents. for what its worth. I had senior drivers pull me aside if they saw me do something, and I appreciate it. Its called experience. You can learn from it, and I have done the same to younger drivers. Its kinda like we are all in this cumondron together, and we should help each other out. Before telematics, I told several ptimers about using the seat belt ALL THE TIME, EVEN IF MOVING A FEW FEET. It was a law at UPS before it was a law in many states. Its not worth getting fired over. I think they appreciated hearing it from me, instead of a boss.

S

serenity now

Yes.

If you come to my front door to deliver a package, fix my cable, drop off my newspaper, etc., with a cigarette dangling from your lips, I have formed an opinion of you and your employer.

you left out change the tag on your car

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tattoos, don't bother me, piercings are gross especially when they have those big lug nuts in their ears, the pants thing is stupid, you ought to see them try to run from the cops, LOL. I truly try not to judge people. Sometimes its harder than others. Sometimes I say something, and then I see a smile come through that tells me they are just experiencing their new found freedom. I don't know so much is wrong in this country right now that these three things don't matter much to me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Dave, something tells me that you quickly form an opinion about everyone you come into contact with (maybe a little too quickly)

Fair enough. Tattoos, piercings and pants halfway down your ass.

My uncle has taught me a little bit about judging people. He's a vet and a very prominent member of his community. Basically every inch of his body that is covered with clothing is covered in tattoos.

He knows he would lose many clients if they knew what he looked like and if u see him at work he probably looks like one of the most professional vets u will ever see. He is also by far the most intelligent person I know.

If I saw a person I didn't know that looked like him I would automatically not give them a chance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What a :censored2:. Know several good people with tattoos that are some of the most caring down to earth people.

Why judge someone for how they choose to express themselves. What a :censored2: bag one would have to be to judge

It is human nature to judge others based on your first impression of them and when I see a punk kid covered with tats with multiple piercings and pants halfway down their butt I immediately dismiss them. The kid could be a Rhodes scholar for all I know but I really wouldn't be able to get past my first impression.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It is human nature to judge others based on your first impression of them and when I see a punk kid covered with tats with multiple piercings and pants halfway down their butt I immediately dismiss them. The kid could be a Rhodes scholar for all I know but I really wouldn't be able to get past my first impression.

You are going to have a harder time than most when you are old and decrepit, living out your final days alone in a nursing home.
It is hard to find a young, blue collar type person today without the physical characteristics you outlined above.
While I share your cynicism within my first impression, I don't "immediately dismiss" them.
This says a whole lot about you, things I already knew.
Your willingness to openly embrace your mindset as legitimate is sad and pathetic.
There is a good chance that charma will bring things full circle and you will reap what you sew in your final days at the aforementioned nursing home as you be just another old fart that craps his pants and bitches all day.