Do you believe God loves you?

Integrity

Binge Poster
You missed my point. Had you been born in The Middle East You would believe in the teachings of Mohammed, your religion would be of the muslim faith.If you were born in India odds are good you would be Hindu and had you been born in Japan odds are very good you would be a Shinto.
One's Birthplace and Culture usually determine one's religion.
Well said.

Non liberal

You missed my point. Had you been born in The Middle East You would believe in the teachings of Mohammed, your religion would be of the muslim faith.If you were born in India odds are good you would be Hindu and had you been born in Japan odds are very good you would be a Shinto.
One's Birthplace and Culture usually determine one's religion.
And you missed my point that Yes that is true. Christ said it was true. He told his followers to go out and spread the word. Teach Christianity to those who have never heard of him so those people won’t worship false gods. Just because you are born in a different part of the world and worship a certain god doesn’t mean you are worshipping the real true god. What you are saying is written in the Bible. Nothing new.

Non liberal

This is a personal question:

How are you doing in knowing personally how much God loves you?

Who is our?

Whoever we is then I don’t think you should.

I understand there are many ways to reach Christ

Why would I tell people what you are saying, you are the one saying it.
You are entitled to your opinion however.

I agree with this.

I believe I should love so radically that I will be asked why I love so and then I will be free and invited to share the Good News of God as I understand God.

Not something I would share.
Then you are not a Christian. All you had to do was tell me that and I wouldn’t have bothered.

Non liberal

Who are you referring to?

Do you personally believe deep in your soul/spirit that God loves you deeply, personally, and unconditionally?
Do you read the Christian Bible? Do you understand it? Did you not read where Jesus commands us not to worship false gods? If you are not a Christian, i apologize. Just say so.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
And you missed my point that Yes that is true. Christ said it was true. He told his followers to go out and spread the word. Teach Christianity to those who have never heard of him so those people won’t worship false gods. Just because you are born in a different part of the world and worship a certain god doesn’t mean you are worshipping the real true god. What you are saying is written in the Bible. Nothing new.
Not everyone wants to be "converted" .
I can only imagine what your reaction would be if a person from a Non Christain religion tried to "convert" you.
again,had you been born in a different culture you would follow that culture.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Integrity

Binge Poster
I can only imagine what your reaction would be if a person from a Non Christain religion tried to "convert" you.
I appreciate your post.

I believe strongly in religious tolerance and freedom of religion.

Non liberal

I am a Christian.

I believe in Jesus Christ

Do you personally believe deep in your soul/spirit that God loves you deeply, personally, and unconditionally?
Then why don’t you believe him when he commands us not to worship false gods?
I certainly wouldn’t hold anything against the person. I would share my religion with him and try to make him understand who the real god is. You can go through all the other holy books and prove them wrong one by one, except for the Bible. Why do you think you still set your watch to Jesus Christ? Don’t be converted then. All you can do is share what you know in a friendly way. Plant seeds and hope the person ends up seeing for themselves. Free will. It’s a beautiful thing. And the god of the Christian Bible gave it to you.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

I certainly wouldn’t hold anything against the person. I would share my religion with him and try to make him understand who the real god is. You can go through all the other holy books and prove them wrong one by one, except for the Bible. Why do you think you still set your watch to Jesus Christ? Don’t be converted then. All you can do is share what you know in a friendly way. Plant seeds and hope the person ends up seeing for themselves. Free will. It’s a beautiful thing. And the god of the Christian Bible gave it to you.
Free will? I was raised in a Pentecostal home and brother it was drilled into me from an early age if you didnt accept God you would be burned in hell for eternity. That's hardly Free Will.
I have always been struck by the irony that God Loves you, like loves you enough to sacrifice his son for you but if you choose another Religion your immortal soul would be tormented for eternity............................that aint love

Non liberal

Free will? I was raised in a Pentecostal home and brother it was drilled into me from an early age if you didnt accept God you would be burned in hell for eternity. That's hardly Free Will.
I have always been struck by the irony that God Loves you, like loves you enough to sacrifice his son for you but if you choose another Religion your immortal soul would be tormented for eternity............................that aint love
Why isn’t it? He doesn’t force you to accept him. You can live here on earth and ignore that he’s even here and party it up as much as you want to. But then when you die he will decide what happens to you if anything. Just because your parents forced your Will doesn’t mean god did. When you moved out of your parents home you had the choice to do whatever you want. Sorry bud, they made you, they can make you go to church every Sunday if they want to. Frankly it’s the least you could do even if it only satisfies them. And god does love you, his son did die for you because he was the only one that could save you, and me, and everyone else.

Integrity

Binge Poster

You are not answering this question: the real topic of this thread.

It is my firm conviction that I don’t believe in any gods that I believe to be false.
I certainly wouldn’t hold anything against the person.
Nor should you in my opinion
I would share my religion with him and try to make him understand who the real god is.
I wouldn’t unless I was asked.
You can go through all the other holy books and prove them wrong one by one, except for the Bible.
I am not convinced of this.
Why do you think you still set your watch to Jesus Christ?
I don’t know what this means.
Don’t be converted then. All you can do is share what you know in a friendly way. Plant seeds and hope the person ends up seeing for themselves.
I get it.
Free will. It’s a beautiful thing.
Yes it is.
And the god of the Christian Bible gave it to you.
God as I understand Him was around long before the religious writings that you refer to as the Christian Bible existed. I refer to it as the Holy Bible.