Do you believe God loves you?

Integrity

Binge Poster
It’s not gods will that people suffer. Originally there was no suffering. Everything lived in peace and harmony with god. Then Lucifer made the first sin against god and wanted to be like god. Because god allows free will, he let him go and have access to the earth and us. Free will is the only way love can exist. Unfortunately man invited the devil and his evil in. There would be no evil if the human race didn’t invite it in. Unfortunately, because of free will, suffering exists so love can also exist.
I will not argue with this.

I do want to point out that it is my opinion that all of this is your opinion and your opinion is obviously based upon what you believe.

I firmly believe you are entitled to believe this (and I am too if I choose), and you are also entitled to choose to base you beliefs on anything you see fit.

Any religion, religious writing, anything.

I firmly belief Faith is not fact, although it is a fact of my existence.

Non liberal

I will not argue with this.

I do want to point out that it is my opinion that all of this is your opinion and based upon based upon what you believe.

I firmly believe you are entitled to believe this (and I am too if I choose), and you are also entitled to choose to base you beliefs on anything you see fit.

Any religion, religious writing anything.
Yes, I base it on my understanding of what I read in the Bible. I think you have to read the whole Bible in order to get a full understanding of it. Which I have not done yet. It is also old writing that is hard to understand for me fully.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It’s not gods will that people suffer. Originally there was no suffering. Everything lived in peace and harmony with god. Then Lucifer made the first sin against god and wanted to be like god. Because god allows free will, he let him go and have access to the earth and us. Free will is the only way love can exist. Unfortunately man invited the devil and his evil in. There would be no evil if the human race didn’t invite it in. Unfortunately, because of free will, suffering exists so love can also exist.
yep that sounds like the same crap I was taught as a child and I don't buy it. Little kids are dying of Cancer due to eve eating the Apple,sure makes perfect sense. Children abused and neglected due to Free Will.
But God loves them,sure pal

Non liberal

yep that sounds like the same crap I was taught as a child and I don't buy it. Little kids are dying of Cancer due to eve eating the Apple,sure makes perfect sense. Children abused and neglected due to Free Will.
Why don’t you stop blaming god for doing this and start blaming the evil people who are abusing the kids. This is what is the matter with people, they don’t want to blame themselves or others because that means they have to disrupt their cushy lives and do something about it. I told my understanding of why this is allowed. If you don’t like it then you are more then welcome to find your own answer or better yet go help someone in need who is suffering instead of trying to blame god for asking you to live a decent, moral life, that to you just isn’t fun.

Integrity

Binge Poster
@728ups,

I get it.

As I said I grew up in a fairly solid faith tradition but I lived life for a lot of years with the motto “life sucks and then you die”.

Why do you think some little kids get cancer, and some children are abused and neglected and many don’t?

I am sure there are kids that get cancer, are abused, and are neglected. This sucks, true. Again, to some none of these things happen.

I can’t explain it , no way no how, can you?

Why do you think this happens to some and not to others?

It does suck!

worldwide

You may believe in whatever you want, im just trying to get you to question what you are being taught, that’s all......Biblical and non-biblical scholars alike will agree that Jesus Christ did live, did claim to be god, and was crucified on a cross. That’s no longer up for debate.

A bit of a disconnect here. You want me to question my beliefs and yet, it's not up for debate to question yours?

Our god is a jealous god, we are not to worship false gods. I’m not saying that we should harass anyone who worships another god, but we owe it to them to teach them about Christ and that unlike their religion salvation with Christ is free and the only ones that withstands scrutiny. Just because you are born in a different part of the world and worship a certain god doesn’t mean you are worshipping the real true god.
https://www.browncafe.com/community/posts/5126112/react?reaction_id=1
So, only your god is the "right" one to worship and all those millions of others in the world are wrong and worshipping the "wrong" god? That's very presumptuous of you and your god (maybe that's where the phrase "high and mighty" came from). I thought you were for questioning what one has been taught? Is it even remotely possible that others could have valid beliefs and that you are in the "wrong"? Or is that also no longer up for debate?

First, all those other religions require acts by the believer. That’s where Christianity stands alone. Nothing required. Just your faith.

What about Buddhism and Confucianism? Nothing required, not even faith. Simply be a good person with good moral character. Are the millions following Buddhism and Confucianism sinners that will burn in hell? If they do not believe in the concepts of heaven and hell as the Christian religion outlines it and worship the "real true god," will your god make them go to hell since they did not bow to him?

Non liberal

A bit of a disconnect here. You want me to question my beliefs and yet, it's not up for debate to question yours?

So, only your god is the "right" one to worship and all those millions of others in the world are wrong and worshipping the "wrong" god? That's very presumptuous of you and your god (maybe that's where the phrase "high and mighty" came from). I thought you were for questioning what one has been taught? Is it even remotely possible that others could have valid beliefs and that you are in the "wrong"? Or is that also no longer up for debate?

What about Buddhism and Confucianism? Nothing required, not even faith. Simply be a good person with good moral character. Are the millions following Buddhism and Confucianism sinners that will burn in hell? If they do not believe in the concepts of heaven and hell as the Christian religion outlines it and worship the "real true god," will your god make them go to hell since they did not bow to him?
I have questioned my beliefs and come to the conclusions I have come to, that Christ is the one true god. Buddhism requires works to reach nirvana. And Confucianism isn’t a religion, most people who practice it still practice a separate religion.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Show us on the doll where the preacher touched you...

worldwide

I have questioned my beliefs and come to the conclusions I have come to, that Christ is the one true god. Buddhism requires works to reach nirvana. And Confucianism isn’t a religion, most people who practice it still practice a separate religion.
Confucianism isn’t a religion? So, what is religion? One definition from verywellmind.com states"

"Religion is a set of organized beliefs, practices, and systems that most often relate to belief and worship of a controlling force such as a personal god or another supernatural being. While this is a basic definition, there are many different understandings of what religion is and not all religions are centered on a belief in a god, gods, or supernatural forces. Religion often involves cultural beliefs, worldviews, texts, prophecies, revelations, and morals that have spiritual meaning to members of the particular faith, and it can encompass a range of practices including sermons, rituals, prayer, meditation, holy places, symbols, trances, and feasts."

So, the 5-6 million followers of Confucianism would likely disagree with your viewpoint.

"Buddhism requires works to reach nirvana." The concepts to reach Nirvana are below. I suppose for some, these are considered "work" but I'd say they really come down to simply living a good life and of being of good moral compass and actions.
  • Refrain from taking life. Not killing any living being.
  • Refrain from taking what is not given. Not stealing from anyone.
  • Refrain from the misuse of the senses. Not having too much sensual pleasure.
  • Refrain from wrong speech.
  • Refrain from intoxicants that cloud the mind.
If all you need to do to get into heaven is admit you’re a sinner, ask for forgiveness, admit that Jesus died for your sins and rose again, and ask Him to have a relationship with you (not sure what kind of relationship), a deathbed conversion can hedge your bets. Or, are there rules on when one has to do all of the above before they die?

You have not answered the question posed:

If other religions do not believe in the concepts of heaven and hell as the Christian religion outlines it and do not do the above mentioned items, will Jesus send them to hell since they did not follow this guidance?

I'm simply curious if the ~6 billion non-Christians in the world are going to hell.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Confucianism isn’t a religion? So, what is religion? One definition from verywellmind.com states"

"Religion is a set of organized beliefs, practices, and systems that most often relate to belief and worship of a controlling force such as a personal god or another supernatural being. While this is a basic definition, there are many different understandings of what religion is and not all religions are centered on a belief in a god, gods, or supernatural forces. Religion often involves cultural beliefs, worldviews, texts, prophecies, revelations, and morals that have spiritual meaning to members of the particular faith, and it can encompass a range of practices including sermons, rituals, prayer, meditation, holy places, symbols, trances, and feasts."

So, the 5-6 million followers of Confucianism would likely disagree with your viewpoint.

"Buddhism requires works to reach nirvana." The concepts to reach Nirvana are below. I suppose for some, these are considered "work" but I'd say they really come down to simply living a good life and of being of good moral compass and actions.
If all you need to do to get into heaven is admit you’re a sinner, ask for forgiveness, admit that Jesus died for your sins and rose again, and ask Him to have a relationship with you (not sure what kind of relationship), a deathbed conversion can hedge your bets. Or, are there rules on when one has to do all of the above before they die?

If other religions do not believe in the concepts of heaven and hell as the Christian religion outlines it and do not do the above mentioned items, will Jesus send them to hell since they did not follow this guidance?

I'm simply curious if the ~6 billion non-Christians in the world are going to hell.
Confucianism is considered a philosophy.

Last edited:

Non liberal

Don’t get mad at me, most Confucianists I guess u would call them practice a religion besides confucionism. I guess that is a question for them. Confucionism is a way of living. A so-called better way of living, you are not worshipping a god. Just practicing a way of life. Kind of like Amish, they practice a simple way of life and live a certain way then most Christian’s, yet still worship Jesus Christ. And if you are a Christian you know the passage in the Bible about the road to heaven being narrow and the path to hell is wide. So yes, I would say that most people will end up in hell, if in fact most people don’t accept Christ as lord and savior

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why don’t you stop blaming god for doing this and start blaming the evil people who are abusing the kids. This is what is the matter with people, they don’t want to blame themselves or others because that means they have to disrupt their cushy lives and do something about it. I told my understanding of why this is allowed.
I don’t see it as blaming God so much as questioning the incongruity between God allowing children to be harmed while claiming to love the world so.
If you don’t like it then you are more then welcome to find your own answer or better
It seems like he doesn’t agree with your answers and has found his own.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Don’t get mad at me, most Confucianists I guess u would call them practice a religion besides confucionism. I guess that is a question for them. Confucionism is a way of living. A so-called better way of living, you are not worshipping a god. Just practicing a way of life. Kind of like Amish, they practice a simple way of life and live a certain way then most Christian’s, yet still worship Jesus Christ.
I think the point is one of religious tolerance and freedom.

I’m all for it.

I am free to believe in Jesus as others can choose to not believe.

I believe each human needs to come to their own mind about these things.
And if you are a Christian you know the passage in the Bible about the road to heaven being narrow and the path to hell is wide. So yes, I would say that most people will end up in hell, if in fact most people don’t accept Christ as lord and savior
I make no judgement as to anyone’s eternity other than my own.

Doesn’t a narrow gate limit the quantity of individuals who can enter at once and not the total amount individuals who can enter.

I believe this is a great example of the individual beliefs and intimately personal relationship God wants with us.

Because of His love.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I think the point is that is a belief system.
That’s not my opinion, that’s a fact. It’s a certain philosophical view of life, and how to live it. Look it up. Wicca is a belief system but it’s not a philosophy. Islam is belief system, so is Christianity.

Integrity

Binge Poster
That’s not my opinion, that’s a fact. It’s a certain philosophical view of life, and how to live it. Look it up. Wicca is a belief system but it’s not a philosophy. Islam is belief system, so is Christianity.
Ok.

NP I will go with your definition, not going to look it up or argue.

I don't think it advances or detracts from the points or discussion.