Do you believe God loves you?

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Yes you do, lol

Maybe I'm repeating what someone else has already said but, all scientific advancements look like fantasy and magic to people ignorant of it. The James Webb telescope was a dream, a fantasy, a concoction of the mind. So many of the technologies that made it a reality didn't even exist when they began to create it.
We receive information from the world through our five senses: sight, sound, smell, touch, taste. Our minds process that information into useful and immediate needs. But, they have limitations. We can't see in the infrared spectrum nor can we hear sounds at certain wave lengths.
We are limited to what information we can process by the limitations of our senses. We have developed machines to enhance our sight and hearing. Humans can actually fly in these machines. If you were to tell a person 500 years ago humans would fly above the clouds they would have called you mad.
So what we call fantasy, imagination, are only our minds reaching beyond our physical limitations. Mankind becomes what he imagines and what he wants to have. God's image, or more to the point, created in god's image, is what scripture says we are. God's greatness is our minds reaching beyond our physical limitations fantasizing and imagining our potential and having faith that what we believe in our minds to be true will become truth in our physical world.
Follow the James Webb telescope as it gives mankind a vision of the universe that 1000 years ago would have been considered pure fantasy.

Non liberal

Maybe I'm repeating what someone else has already said but, all scientific advancements look like fantasy and magic to people ignorant of it. The James Webb telescope was a dream, a fantasy, a concoction of the mind. So many of the technologies that made it a reality didn't even exist when they began to create it.
We receive information from the world through our five senses: sight, sound, smell, touch, taste. Our minds process that information into useful and immediate needs. But, they have limitations. We can't see in the infrared spectrum nor can we hear sounds at certain wave lengths.
We are limited to what information we can process by the limitations of our senses. We have developed machines to enhance our sight and hearing. Humans can actually fly in these machines. If you were to tell a person 500 years ago humans would fly above the clouds they would have called you mad.
So what we call fantasy, imagination, are only our minds reaching beyond our physical limitations. Mankind becomes what he imagines and what he wants to have. God's image, or more to the point, created in god's image, is what scripture says we are. God's greatness is our minds reaching beyond our physical limitations fantasizing and imagining our potential and having faith that what we believe in our minds to be true will become truth in our physical world.
Follow the James Webb telescope as it gives mankind a vision of the universe that 1000 years ago would have been considered pure fantasy.
The reason I said what I said is because I assumed you called god a fantasy. If you didn’t then im sorry, I misunderstood. If you did, then that’s why I laughed, because if you don’t believe in god then you believe that absolutely nothing created that precious microscope your talking about. And then after nothing exploded into something, fish eventually appeared and created that microscope. So i was just curious as to which is more of a fantasy?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I thought you posted you don’t believe in fantasy.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why are you blaming God?
You can't support personal responsibility then relinquish it when a person tragedy occurs. God's will is a mystery because we cannot see beyond our own sphere of influence and experiences. God has trillions of parts in motion at any given time most of which have no idea as to their importances is his grand plan.
I thought you are an atheist?

My bad if I am wrong. I do apologize.

worldwide

And yet if you don’t believe in god you believe that everything came from “nothing” that we are descendants from fish! Every piece of matter in the universe came from absolutely zero matter. Do you see the impossibility yet? Yes, it is hard to believe god exists. Yet, the only other possibility is even harder to believe. At least with god you have an instruction manual going back thousands of years with witnesses.
Well, I'm certainly no expert on the subject but people a lot smarter than me have made some theories to explain this. Who is to say they are right or wrong? I lean more towards the science and evidence. I have a hard time following any all knowing and all powerful "god" that allows all the injustices and horrible things that occur in the world. The instruction manual you refer to basically boils down to "be a good person and don't harm other living things." I try to live that life daily, certainly not always successfully, so I don't need to subscribe to a certain set of rules laid out by the hundreds of organized religions in the world and the tens of thousands of gods they follow (which one is The God?).

And yes, the University of Copenhagen - Faculty of Science research released earlier this year indicates that we're more like primitive fishes that once believed. In a summary of the study, they state, "Lungs and limbs have been thought of as key innovations that came with the vertebrate transition from water to land. But in fact, the genetic basis of air-breathing and limb movement was already established in our fish ancestor 50 million years earlier, according to a recent genome mapping of primitive fish. The new study changes our understanding of a key milestone in our own evolutionary history."

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Well, I'm certainly no expert on the subject but people a lot smarter than me have made some theories to explain this. Who is to say they are right or wrong? I lean more towards the science and evidence. I have a hard time following any all knowing and all powerful "god" that allows all the injustices and horrible things that occur in the world. The instruction manual you refer to basically boils down to "be a good person and don't harm other living things." I try to live that life daily, certainly not always successfully, so I don't need to subscribe to a certain set of rules laid out by the hundreds of organized religions in the world and the tens of thousands of gods they follow (which one is The God?).

And yes, the University of Copenhagen - Faculty of Science research released earlier this year indicates that we're more like primitive fishes that once believed. In a summary of the study, they state, "Lungs and limbs have been thought of as key innovations that came with the vertebrate transition from water to land. But in fact, the genetic basis of air-breathing and limb movement was already established in our fish ancestor 50 million years earlier, according to a recent genome mapping of primitive fish. The new study changes our understanding of a key milestone in our own evolutionary history."
Finally evolving into RPCDs?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What you believe about God says more about your nature than the nature of God.

dd6086b8b854cd9409c42f6af4e9a776.jpg

images (7).jpeg

I like some of the messages in Fight Club. What Tyler is saying here is an indictment of the sickness of a society that allows men to abandon their families. The sickness of those men for thinking that it's ok. His statement reveals his anger at his father, and the rest of the film shows that he is expressing that anger by lashing out at society.

Tyler's statements are not an indictment of God, because a loving God would not force people to do what's right. He gives them the knowledge of right and wrong, and the freedom to choose to do what's right or not, and live, or die, with the consequences.

On a deeper level, Tyler feels abandoned, and those who feel abandoned can't help but question what they did wrong, or why it is that they are so unlovable. Tyler isn't really saying God hates us, he's saying he believes he is so unlovable that not even God could love him. His later adventures have a streak of messiah complex through them. He wants to save people from debt slavery, and his motivation for doing so is clearly to earn the affections of the God he believes hates him.

In the end, the narrator, resolves these conflicts by both rejecting and integrating the Tyler aspect of himself, the Jungian concept of Shadow Integration. By doing this, the narrator expresses that he has learned to accept himself, and the fact that he is worthy of love.

Non liberal

I never said how to act. Man can harm anything we see fit other then ourselves if we have a good reason or need to according to what the Bible says because we have dominion over all other living things. Why? Because we are different. We have a conscience, we love, we make tools. There is a huge difference between us and other life forms. There is no evidence of any living creature turning into another living creature. If there was I think we would have found it by now. If you say we evolved, then we are merely fish. You have no right or place to say what’s right or wrong. You would have no moral compass. I can because I say the example of Jesus, someone we have a physical record of including eyewitnesses, is the ultimate example of good. Which would mean the opposite would be the example of evil. With your world view there is nothing but chaos, and every man for himself. And frankly like everything else in todays world, if you yourself can’t prove it then you don’t really know if it’s true. You can believe it’s true, but then you are in the same boat as I am, just a different religion.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
The belief in "a" god and scientifically evidence isn't mutually exclusive. Humans
I never said how to act. Man can harm anything we see fit other then ourselves if we have a good reason or need to according to what the Bible says because we have dominion over all other living things. Why? Because we are different. We have a conscience, we love, we make tools. There is a huge difference between us and other life forms. There is no evidence of any living creature turning into another living creature. If there was I think we would have found it by now. If you say we evolved, then we are merely fish. You have no right or place to say what’s right or wrong. You would have no moral compass. I can because I say the example of Jesus, someone we have a physical record of including eyewitnesses, is the ultimate example of good. Which would mean the opposite would be the example of evil. With your world view there is nothing but chaos, and every man for himself. And frankly like everything else in todays world, if you yourself can’t prove it then you don’t really know if it’s true. You can believe it’s true, but then you are in the same boat as I am, just a different religion.
I find your explanation authentic but disjointed. Mankind harms themselves everyday, and in every way, he separated himself from God's glory. Man's dominion comes from the grace of God, not the other way around. Other forms of life in this world have every right to their own existence as does man. God didn't created the heavens and earth only to have it cut into tradable parts so we could stand higher or lower depending on what we value in the present tense.

We have so much to learn and we begin this education from a place of such limited ability. I don't believe in a biblical God. I believe God is an analogy, a metaphor, a simile, a reflection which we used to fill in what we can't immediately understand or prove. Mankind's short life span demands finality in the objects he desires. In so being, he demands Gods will have finite causes. But, what if there isn't a finite cause or a finite philosophy of good or evil? What if God exist in our every thought that we have, and to create within it every conceivable good or harm, and leave it to us to choose which one we will follow.

It's not a judgement, then, on whether good or evil is better or worse, it's a judgment on what effects those choices have on others. It's in this sense of unity, within all souls, which a visceral understanding of our choices have, just don't affect us, but everyone and everything around us. It's not about choosing good or evil for ourselves but choosing good and evil for those that we love and desires to protect against harm. Evil, then, is the separation from this common good, and God's will, God's love, and the selflessness it inspires, the sacrifice for those yet born, to the great oneness of which all things emnitate from, which of course, is God's greatest metaphor.

worldwide

There is no evidence of any living creature turning into another living creature. If there was I think we would have found it by now.
We have, it's called evolution. The evidence for evolution has primarily come from four sources:
  1. The fossil record of change in earlier species
  2. The chemical and anatomical similarities of related life forms
  3. The geographic distribution of related species
  4. The recorded genetic changes in living organisms over many generations
I can because I say the example of Jesus, someone we have a physical record of including eyewitnesses, is the ultimate example of good.
There is no definitive physical or archaeological evidence of the existence of Jesus outside of Christian writings and the New Testament (much less any proof he was the son of god). The burden of proof is on the believer.
With your world view there is nothing but chaos, and every man for himself. .....You can believe it’s true, but then you are in the same boat as I am, just a different religion.
I never said my world view was "nothing but chaos and every man for himself" but I do think the world is a pretty chaotic place and there certainly is a large degree of individualism and people looking out for their own best interests over others throughout the world. At the same time, there are wonderful people in the world that put others ahead of themselves and beautiful places in the world. Both can exist at the same time.

At the end of the day, people who believe in God and have faith in his existence don't need proof of his existence whereas non-believers don't believe in God because there is absolutely no scientific evidence for his existence. I'm not saying faith doesn't exist, because it does and there's nothing wrong in believing there is a god, just as there is nothing wrong in believing god does not exist.

You may have never said how to act, but all religions have rules and commandments from god on how to act and if you don't follow these rules, all is lost for you. If you do follow the rules, you go to heaven and live forever (or something similar depending on the religion). All of these rules pretty much boil down to being a good person and no one, and no religion, owns being good. I try to be the best person I can be but not because I'll be rewarded in the future in heaven. Living today and my life, family and friends is the reward. It's knowing that I try to do the right thing, not the fear of eternal damnation and going to hell (or some other religions version).

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
We have, it's called evolution. The evidence for evolution has primarily come from four sources:

There is no definitive physical or archaeological evidence of the existence of Jesus outside of Christian writings and the New Testament (much less any proof he was the son of god). The burden of proof is on the believer.

I never said my world view was "nothing but chaos and every man for himself" but I do think the world is a pretty chaotic place and there certainly is a large degree of individualism and people looking out for their own best interests over others throughout the world. At the same time, there are wonderful people in the world that put others ahead of themselves and beautiful places in the world. Both can exist at the same time.

At the end of the day, people who believe in God and have faith in his existence don't need proof of his existence whereas non-believers don't believe in God because there is absolutely no scientific evidence for his existence. I'm not saying faith doesn't exist, because it does and there's nothing wrong in believing there is a god, just as there is nothing wrong in believing god does not exist.

You may have never said how to act, but all religions have rules and commandments from god on how to act and if you don't follow these rules, all is lost for you. If you do follow the rules, you go to heaven and live forever (or something similar depending on the religion). All of these rules pretty much boil down to being a good person and no one, and no religion, owns being good. I try to be the best person I can be but not because I'll be rewarded in the future in heaven. Living today and my life, family and friends is the reward. It's knowing that I try to do the right thing, not the fear of eternal damnation and going to hell (or some other religions version).
Scientific evidence isn't a necessarily an exclusion of the will of God. People can believe what they will but in the end we all end up in exactly the same place we started from and hopefully with a better attitude.
I guess that's what God wants in the end. You know, improvement, not just in what we do, but how we feel..

Non liberal

The belief in "a" god and scientifically evidence isn't mutually exclusive. Humans

I find your explanation authentic but disjointed. Mankind harms themselves everyday, and in every way, he separated himself from God's glory. Man's dominion comes from the grace of God, not the other way around. Other forms of life in this world have every right to their own existence as does man. God didn't created the heavens and earth only to have it cut into tradable parts so we could stand higher or lower depending on what we value in the present tense.

We have so much to learn and we begin this education from a place of such limited ability. I don't believe in a biblical God. I believe God is an analogy, a metaphor, a simile, a reflection which we used to fill in what we can't immediately understand or prove. Mankind's short life span demands finality in the objects he desires. In so being, he demands Gods will have finite causes. But, what if there isn't a finite cause or a finite philosophy of good or evil? What if God exist in our every thought that we have, and to create within it every conceivable good or harm, and leave it to us to choose which one we will follow.

It's not a judgement, then, on whether good or evil is better or worse, it's a judgment on what effects those choices have on others. It's in this sense of unity, within all souls, which a visceral understanding of our choices have, just don't affect us, but everyone and everything around us. It's not about choosing good or evil for ourselves but choosing good and evil for those that we love and desires to protect against harm. Evil, then, is the separation from this common good, and God's will, God's love, and the selflessness it inspires, the sacrifice for those yet born, to the great oneness of which all things emnitate from, which of course, is God's greatest metaphor.
What are u talking about? I can’t tell what u believe in. No, other creatures don’t have the same right as humans. The Bible teaches to respect all life, but we are given dominion. Meaning we manage it how we see fit. If I am Hungary I am allowed to kill an animal to eat according to what the Bible says. All life is not the same. Humans are atop the chain. Jesus Christ is not a god of the gaps, he was real, the things he did was real according to witnesses. You are using an argument atheists use, that Christian’s plug god into the places where we dont have answers, that’s not true. We do have answers and they’re in the Bible. Do you believe in absolute truths? You may not believe in good, but you have to believe in evil?

Non liberal

Ok, a lot to unpack here. I’ll start with the last part because it’s the most important. This is where the Christian worldview differs from any other religion. You don’t have to do anything to get into heaven besides accepting Jesus Christ and that he died for your sins. That’s it. Once you do that and truly mean it, you then automatically start changing the way you live your life. It doesn’t mean that you’ll never mess up again or that you’re just done sinning. The Bible says we are all born sinners and that doesn’t stop the day we are saved. But if we have accepted Christ as our lord and savior then it doesn’t matter. If we went to hell because we won’t stop sinning then his death on the cross was for nothing. It wasn’t for nothing, if we accept him and what he did, we are saved. Salvation is free, a gift, it can’t be earned, only accepted. And we have proof of his existence, our world runs by him, you set your clock to him, mark your calendar by him, and celebrate at least two holidays for him. How much more proof do you need? Any biblical scholar will tell you that Jesus was real, he was crucified, and that his tomb was empty 3 days later. They will also tell you there are at least 500 eyewitnesses in the bible that seen him after he died. When I talk about chaos I mean chaos. Like nothing but rocks and planets crashing into each other. No organization what so ever. No fine tuning of solar systems with a moon and sun the exact distance from earth to support life. When you research all the things that have to be in order to support life on earth, it’s just too much to have come from an explosion. Especially an explosion of absolutely nothing. As far as proof you say there is no definitive evidence outside of Christian writings, yet you’ll look at chicken scratch drawings on the inside wall of a pyramid and tell me how the Egyptians lived, lol, I never understood that argument. Or you’ll accept the finding of a dinosaur bone and then recreate the rest of its body based on that bone and take it as fact. Whatever! Show me the fossil record that shows one animal turning into something different. There isn’t one. There is no record of any animal turning into a human. Where was the turning point where animal became human? or where fish became ape? God made everything on the earth so of course there will be anatomical and chemical similarities. Not sure what you mean by recorded generic changes.

Non liberal

And…. You know evolution is a theory right? That’s why they call it “the theory of evolution”

worldwide

Ok, a lot to unpack here. I’ll start with the last part because it’s the most important. This is where the Christian worldview differs from any other religion. You don’t have to do anything to get into heaven besides accepting Jesus Christ and that he died for your sins. That’s it. Once you do that and truly mean it, you then automatically start changing the way you live your life. It doesn’t mean that you’ll never mess up again or that you’re just done sinning. The Bible says we are all born sinners and that doesn’t stop the day we are saved. But if we have accepted Christ as our lord and savior then it doesn’t matter. If we went to hell because we won’t stop sinning then his death on the cross was for nothing. It wasn’t for nothing, if we accept him and what he did, we are saved. Salvation is free, a gift, it can’t be earned, only accepted. And we have proof of his existence, our world runs by him, you set your clock to him, mark your calendar by him, and celebrate at least two holidays for him. How much more proof do you need? Any biblical scholar will tell you that Jesus was real, he was crucified, and that his tomb was empty 3 days later. They will also tell you there are at least 500 eyewitnesses in the bible that seen him after he died. When I talk about chaos I mean chaos. Like nothing but rocks and planets crashing into each other. No organization what so ever. No fine tuning of solar systems with a moon and sun the exact distance from earth to support life. When you research all the things that have to be in order to support life on earth, it’s just too much to have come from an explosion. Especially an explosion of absolutely nothing. As far as proof you say there is no definitive evidence outside of Christian writings, yet you’ll look at chicken scratch drawings on the inside wall of a pyramid and tell me how the Egyptians lived, lol, I never understood that argument. Or you’ll accept the finding of a dinosaur bone and then recreate the rest of its body based on that bone and take it as fact. Whatever! Show me the fossil record that shows one animal turning into something different. There isn’t one. There is no record of any animal turning into a human. Where was the turning point where animal became human? or where fish became ape? God made everything on the earth so of course there will be anatomical and chemical similarities. Not sure what you mean by recorded generic changes.

As previously stated, people who believe in god and have faith in his existence don't need proof of his existence. That's not the same for everyone - some people require more concrete proof. You quote the bible and Christian scholars as your source for Jesus and god being real. Anything independent as a source vs. a man-made book and religious group that supports their own beliefs? Every religion in the world believes their god and their book of worship is the "correct" one so what makes the one you follow and believe in the "one"?

I'm happy that you find comfort in the Bible and live your life by it's guidance. If that works for you, great. Others find that same comfort and guidance from the Quran or the Torah or the Bhagavad Gita or countless other religious guides. To each, their own. Not everyone needs that guidance or needs to follow one of those instruction manuals to live a happy, fulfilling life. Enjoy the day.

Non liberal

As previously stated, people who believe in god and have faith in his existence don't need proof of his existence. That's not the same for everyone - some people require more concrete proof. You quote the bible and Christian scholars as your source for Jesus and god being real. Anything independent as a source vs. a man-made book and religious group that supports their own beliefs? Every religion in the world believes their god and their book of worship is the "correct" one so what makes the one you follow and believe in the "one"?

I'm happy that you find comfort in the Bible and live your life by it's guidance. If that works for you, great. Others find that same comfort and guidance from the Quran or the Torah or the Bhagavad Gita or countless other religious guides. To each, their own. Not everyone needs that guidance or needs to follow one of those instruction manuals to live a happy, fulfilling life. Enjoy the day.
You may believe in whatever you want, im just trying to get you to question what you are being taught, that’s all. The day we stop questioning things is the day we are not a free nation anymore. First, all those other religions require acts by the believer. That’s where Christianity stands alone. Nothing required. Just your faith. Because god made love free, and he doesn’t want yours if you’re not giving it to him. Biblical and non-biblical scholars alike will agree that Jesus Christ did live, did claim to be god, and was crucified on a cross. That’s no longer up for debate. The only thing left for debate is if he actually was god, like he said he was. For this to still be a discussion should be proof enough he was what he says he was. His followers were not that big of believers, they were sinners, a whore, not the best people. Yet they saw something that totally transformed them, and the teaching they started thousands of years ago is thriving today. Like I said you live by him and don’t realize it when you wake up to your alarm every day. He must have left quite a mark on a lot of people at only 33 hrs old. I won’t tell you what to do in order to be a good person, just as long as you don’t tell me there is no evidence for the existence of my god