Do you believe God loves you?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Free will? I was raised in a Pentecostal home and brother it was drilled into me from an early age if you didnt accept God you would be burned in hell for eternity. That's hardly Free Will.
I have always been struck by the irony that God Loves you, like loves you enough to sacrifice his son for you but if you choose another Religion your immortal soul would be tormented for eternity............................that aint love
I believe in free will.

I believe God loves the whole world.

Sorry that you experienced people who would say things that would result in you choosing to question the love of God for humanity.

Non liberal

Do you personally believe deep in your soul/spirit that God loves you deeply, personally, and unconditionally?

You are not answering this question: the real topic of this thread.

It is my firm conviction that I don’t believe in any gods that I believe to be false.

Nor should you in my opinion

I wouldn’t unless I was asked.

I am not convinced of this.

I don’t know what this means.

I get it.

Yes it is.

God as I understand Him was around long before the religious writings that you refer to as the Christian Bible existed. I refer to it as the Holy Bible.
Really? How long?

Non liberal

I believe in free will.

I believe God loves the whole world.

Sorry that you experienced people who would say things that would result in you choosing to question the love of God for humanity.
Sorry if it’s inconvenient for you. I’m just repeating what is says in the bible

Integrity

Binge Poster
@Non liberal,

Do you personally believe deep in your soul/spirit that God loves you deeply, personally, and unconditionally?

You are not answering this question: the real topic of this thread.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The quote you made was to @728ups, not you.
No i do not believe in the same thing as you. I see Children with cancer, children being abused, children suffering needlessly and being unable to help themselves in America. I was raised this was "Gods Will" and "God Moves in Mysterious Ways" but no I don't buy that now,sorry

Integrity

Binge Poster
Lol, the post you quoted, how are you lost?

You see how I just quoted you?
At the top of the quoted post, click on the name with the arrow beside it. Do that a few times, and you will get caught back up with the discussion you were very recently participating in.

SMH.
Sorry! Thanks. I get it now.

YUSYHAM?

Integrity

Binge Poster
No i do not believe in the same thing as you.
I understand. I was brought up in a faith tradition and rebelled against it for many years. I believed in God during my rebellion but just wanted very little to do with Him.

I did not think very highly of Him.

I am not suggesting this applies to you but my personal experience was that a spiritual encounter with God show me that rebellion against Him was only hurting me.

and not everybody who has tried to teach me about God, teaches me about God, and will teach me about God know what they are talking about at times. That definitely applies to me, but I believe it applies to others too.

I see Children with cancer, children being abused, children suffering needlessly and being unable to help themselves in America. I was raised this was "Gods Will" and "God Moves in Mysterious Ways" but no I don't buy that now,sorry
Does I believe God desires to see children with cancer, child abuse, children needlessly suffer and being unable to help themselves in America? My answer is no way. I don’t believe God desires any of us to suffer.

I can’t explain it, I know we will suffer in this life but I believe God’s is full of love and compassion for us in our suffering.

And I believe He offers that to each one of us.

Non liberal

No i do not believe in the same thing as you. I see Children with cancer, children being abused, children suffering needlessly and being unable to help themselves in America. I was raised this was "Gods Will" and "God Moves in Mysterious Ways" but no I don't buy that now,sorry
It’s not gods will that people suffer. Originally there was no suffering. Everything lived in peace and harmony with god. Then Lucifer made the first sin against god and wanted to be like god. Because god allows free will, he let him go and have access to the earth and us. Free will is the only way love can exist. Unfortunately man invited the devil and his evil in. There would be no evil if the human race didn’t invite it in. Unfortunately, because of free will, suffering exists so love can also exist.