Do you believe God loves you?

worldwide

That’s not my opinion, that’s a fact. It’s a certain philosophical view of life, and how to live it. Look it up. Wicca is a belief system but it’s not a philosophy. Islam is belief system, so is Christianity.
A fact by whose definition? If religion is defined as the following, it's a religion. If you don't subscribe to this definition of religion, than what is your definition? Could be simply semantics - religion is a belief system.

"Religion is a set of organized beliefs, practices, and systems that most often relate to belief and worship of a controlling force such as a personal god or another supernatural being. While this is a basic definition, there are many different understandings of what religion is and not all religions are centered on a belief in a god, gods, or supernatural forces. Religion often involves cultural beliefs, worldviews, texts, prophecies, revelations, and morals that have spiritual meaning to members of the particular faith, and it can encompass a range of practices including sermons, rituals, prayer, meditation, holy places, symbols, trances, and feasts."

Non liberal

A fact by whose definition? If religion is defined as the following, it's a religion. If you don't subscribe to this definition of religion, than what is your definition? Could be simply semantics - religion is a belief system.

"Religion is a set of organized beliefs, practices, and systems that most often relate to belief and worship of a controlling force such as a personal god or another supernatural being. While this is a basic definition, there are many different understandings of what religion is and not all religions are centered on a belief in a god, gods, or supernatural forces. Religion often involves cultural beliefs, worldviews, texts, prophecies, revelations, and morals that have spiritual meaning to members of the particular faith, and it can encompass a range of practices including sermons, rituals, prayer, meditation, holy places, symbols, trances, and feasts."
Nobody cares what your phone describes as a definition. Look at the people who actually take up this philosophy and also practice a religion.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
People who use suffering as an argument against the existence of God aren't really saying anything about the existence of God. What they are saying is that they can't imagine a reason why God would allow suffering. And they use children suffering as an emotional ploy to sell their argument.

They also reveal that they don't understand what suffering really is. Suffering is the human condition, everyone suffers, everyone dies. Each person's suffering is a subjective experience. They only understand it and experience it through their perspective. What they are really saying is that they don't like that they have to suffer, so they use it as a way to strike back at God the only way they can, to deny His existence.

In reality, there could be no joy without suffering. The greatest achievements of mankind are only accomplished through suffering. Without God, suffering is truly pointless, and since being human is to suffer, humanity is pointless.

There are several causes of suffering, just as there are at least a few different types of suffering. In a universe devoid of meaning, things like childhood cancer can (mostly) only be the result of pure chance. But no one rails against the harshness of chance, just as no one finds comfort in chance.

If you choose to believe in a universe without God, then suffering is truly being in hell. But, then again, you put yourself there.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Confucianism isn’t a religion? So, what is religion? One definition from verywellmind.com states"

So, the 5-6 million followers of Confucianism would likely disagree with your viewpoint.

"Buddhism requires works to reach nirvana." The concepts to reach Nirvana are below. I suppose for some, these are considered "work" but I'd say they really come down to simply living a good life and of being of good moral compass and actions.
  • Refrain from taking life. Not killing any living being.
  • Refrain from taking what is not given. Not stealing from anyone.
  • Refrain from the misuse of the senses. Not having too much sensual pleasure.
  • Refrain from wrong speech.
  • Refrain from intoxicants that cloud the mind.
If all you need to do to get into heaven is admit you’re a sinner, ask for forgiveness, admit that Jesus died for your sins and rose again, and ask Him to have a relationship with you (not sure what kind of relationship), a deathbed conversion can hedge your bets. Or, are there rules on when one has to do all of the above before they die?

You have not answered the question posed:

If other religions do not believe in the concepts of heaven and hell as the Christian religion outlines it and do not do the above mentioned items, will Jesus send them to hell since they did not follow this guidance?

I'm simply curious if the ~6 billion non-Christians in the world are going to hell.

Confucianism is a secular philosophy. Mostly it's an attempt at a moral code devoid of a moral authority.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I do.

I believe God loves humanity.

Regardless of the religious machinery you choose to seek God , how are you doing with your faith in God and

how are you doing in knowing personally how much God loves you,

regardless of how rotten or good of a person you are or even just think you are?
To all:

I certainly appreciate all the spirited discussion in this thread.

Since I started this thread I want to review the topic in hopes of trying to reel some of the discussion in a little, if possible.

The purpose of this discussion is not to prove or disprove any members particular understanding of God or religion.

I quoted the original post.

The purpose of the post was to find out how individuals were doing as far as their personal faith in God and to find out if those who have faith in God believe in the depth of their mind, soul, and spirit that God deeply, personally, and unconditionally loves them.

Let me clarify, I believe anyone who does not have faith or believe in God these questions really don’t apply.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Why don’t you stop blaming god for doing this and start blaming the evil people who are abusing the kids. This is what is the matter with people, they don’t want to blame themselves or others because that means they have to disrupt their cushy lives and do something about it. I told my understanding of why this is allowed. If you don’t like it then you are more then welcome to find your own answer or better yet go help someone in need who is suffering instead of trying to blame god for asking you to live a decent, moral life, that to you just isn’t fun.
If God can create the heavens and Earth in 7 days then he can certainly prevent children from getting Cancer,Dying in Accidents, Birth Defects, Contracting horrible diseases ................need i go on and on?
Dont tell me how much God loves everyone when this happens EVERY day

Integrity

Binge Poster
If God can create the heavens and Earth in 7 days then he can certainly prevent children from getting Cancer,Dying in Accidents, Birth Defects, Contracting horrible diseases ................need i go on and on?
@728ups,

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

You do believe in God but you don’t believe He loves Humanity.

Is this a correct understanding of what you are posting?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
@728ups,

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

You do believe in God but you don’t believe He loves Humanity.

Is this a correct understanding of what you are posting?
I most certainly believe in God and I feel the God of the Old Testament is more accurate in how God feels about humanity.
I am also convinced that my beliefs are firmly rooted in my birthplace and culture,and had i been born on a different continent in a different culture my beliefs would be far different.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes.

His intolerance towards Christians is clearly just him trying to work through something that happened to him in childhood. Likely it's just daddy issues though.

Carry on.
I don’t see it that way.

The purpose of the post was to find out how individuals were doing as far as their personal faith in God and to find out if those who have faith in God believe in the depth of their mind, soul, and spirit that God deeply, personally, and unconditionally loves them.

How are you doing as far as your personal faith in God?

Do you believe to the depths of your mind,soul, and spirit that God deeply, personally, and unconditionally loves you?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I most certainly believe in God and I feel the God of the Old Testament is more accurate in how God feels about humanity.
I can appreciate that.

Do you believe God loves Humanity?
I am also convinced that my beliefs are firmly rooted in my birthplace and culture,and had i been born on a different continent in a different culture my beliefs would be far different.
I agree.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

This is you saying you know better than God how to run His creation. Pretty normal for totalitarianists. That's actually the same as the reasoning for bringing about totalitarianism.