Do you believe UPS should be reported to OSHA for not supplying water correctly nor adequately to you and your coworkers? ( On Topic Only Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trucker Clock

UPS has decided to provide bottled water at my building. That is the means they have decided upon.

I also thought you were smarter than that.

The reason UPS supplies bottled water is for production. So that an employee does not have to leave their work area every 10 minutes to get a drink. They are not required to have a jug with them, but a sup can bring them a cool bottled water instead of them leaving for 5 minutes to go to the fountain.

Kind of like this post.

Ok I'll drive back to the center every time I need a drink.

But for a driver not to plan on bringing in their own water and forcing UPS to supply it? Well, I'll bite my tongue.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

The reason UPS supplies bottled water is for production. So that an employee does not have to leave their work area every 10 minutes to get a drink. They are not required to have a jug with them, but a sup can bring them a cool bottled water instead of them leaving for 5 minutes to go to the fountain.

Kind of like this post.

But for a driver not to plan on bringing in their own water and forcing UPS to supply it? Well, I'll bite my tongue.

I'm sorry you support UPS breaking the law. What other laws do you think they should break? Or will you bite your pillow on that one?

qdg2

They are required by law to do so. Why do you support UPS breaking the law.

I certainly expect them to provide access to bathrooms with hot water, as required by OSHA. Boy, you guys don't really have much in the way of self respect, do you?
Damned curious why hourlies are so dead-set against UPS providing water. Real curious.

I feel like I'm talking to some mgr.....bizarre.

Last edited by a moderator:

Integrity

Binge Poster
UPS hasn’t adjusted with the times because they believe a comfortable PCD isn’t a productive one.
Sort of agree.
Even with todays enhancements the company is about profits over driver safety.
Agree.
Drivers have to pee in bottles or face discipline
IMO Drivers should never do this.
and also drive with no fans is a fundamentally wrong on so many levels.
Agree.
We had to deal with it back in the day but there’s no excuse now for the company. Can’t have a fan but you can have a camera. What’s the straw that breaks the camels back..? I don’t know but the fact drivers are dying and not much if anything is being done about it is disheartening.
Have you done anything to see that UPS provides water in compliance with OSHA regulations?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yeah we’ve dealt with the heat for the last 20 years but doesn’t change the fact that the jobs too tough for some especially with factors that the company should of addressed
Times have changed UPS need to step up and do the right thing here.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I’m relatively close to Houston with a 10 hour work day and a heavy workload. I use a gallon metal jug and a 30 oz Yeti tumbler that I fill with ice and water at work. In addition, I have a gallon jug that I freeze overnight. This goes in a cooler with fruit and a couple bottles of electrolytes (not provided by UPS unless they happen to hand out Gatorades that day) that I fill with ice when I get to work. I typically go through about 2.5 gallons of liquids a day.
That seems about the right quantity, adequately cooled.

This should be supplied to every driver at the company’s expense.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It’s not about the water
It’s about being able to take care of
yourself without somebody having to do it for you
This discussion is about water.

You may not like it or agree with it but can you at least concede that OSHA regulations state that providing water for employees safety is UPS responsibility?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Nope. He expects UPS to supply him.

Probably expects them to wipe his butt too.
Wiping a butt is not mentioned in OSHA regulations but you may not like it or agree with it but can you at least concede that OSHA regulations state that providing water for employees safety is UPS responsibility?

Integrity

Binge Poster

Kind of like this post.

You may not like it or agree with it but can you at least concede that OSHA regulations state that providing water for employees safety is UPS responsibility?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I haven’t been in a building without water fountains? Who does not have water?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I haven’t been in a building without water fountains? Who does not have water?
The topic is not about the means by which UPS chooses to supply water to its employees. That is a topic IMO for another discussion thread

You may not like it or agree with it but can you at least concede that regardless of the acceptable means UPS uses to provide water ie. water fountains OSHA regulations state that providing water for employees safety is UPS responsibility?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.