Do you enjoy your job?

• Thread starter FrigidAdCorrector
  • Start date

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Probably. But what I saw a lot of around here was management retributions for us actually having the balls to go on strike.

That's what I meant ... UPS Upper Management felt betrayed and UPS attitude towards it's employees changed.
The strike wasn't the only thing but UPS no longer felt any responsibility towards the drivers or other employees.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
in over 25 years I have seen so many employees start all bright eyed and bushy tailed. after time they all become like the rest of us. "counting the days". ha ha.

its real hard to keep a good attitude when you never get a pat on the back, get kicked in the teeth for every little mistake, real or imagined.

its the customers and your co-workers that keep you coming back. its almost like Vietnam vets say about that war. they didn't know what they were doing there but they did their jobs and endured because of their buddies.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That's what I meant ... UPS Upper Management felt betrayed and UPS attitude towards it's employees changed.
The strike wasn't the only thing but UPS no longer felt any responsibility towards the drivers or other employees.

You have to admit, that attitude was a mistake. A total disconnect on management's side, at least in my area.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You have to admit, that attitude was a mistake. A total disconnect on management's side, at least in my area.
It just opened the door wide for UPS to transition to another ABC Corporation where employees are numbers and the bottom line is profit. UPS is still better than most other large corporations whose business is based on older industrial age processes and procedures.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It just opened the door wide for UPS to transition to another ABC Corporation where employees are numbers and the bottom line is profit. UPS is still better than most other large corporations whose business is based on older industrial age processes and procedures.

Yep. From something unique to " just another" company.

youllbefine

Why do the old retired guys still love this job ??? They are not here in the morning listening to some stupid pcm for 10 minutes about how to be safe at home or why is your idle time so high yesterday even tho there was freezing rain and we couldn't see out the windows or us the mirrors..

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The job itself is cool, whats not cool is the excessive workload, the late hours and the bs these holes put us through all because they THINK WE ARE OVERPAID. Like really dude overpaid, who the hell is going to do this job for less than 25 bux an hour if that, with the excessive work, the super late hours away from your family and the constant harassment over some BS everyday. Besides that I love the job lmfao.

Last edited by a moderator:

rod

Retired 22 years
Why do the old retired guys still love this job ??? They are not here in the morning listening to some stupid pcm for 10 minutes about how to be safe at home or why is your idle time so high yesterday even tho there was freezing rain and we couldn't see out the windows or us the mirrors..

That's just life----for the most part you only remember the good times.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
This may sound strange, but as a swing driver, I actually enjoy getting on a route blind and just figuring it out. I like the challenge, especially the rural routes. Of course, that will probably change when Orion finally rears its ugly head...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
This may sound strange, but as a swing driver, I actually enjoy getting on a route blind and just figuring it out. I like the challenge, especially the rural routes. Of course, that will probably change when Orion finally rears its ugly head...
Let us know after 5 to 8 years of cover driving how it feels then, youll hate it I guarantee it lol.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
selective memory.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
A
selective memory.
Anymore the job is a circus and comedy show. I just come to work anymore and have fun, you cant take this job serious with their games anymore. You do the job the best you can and they can shove all the fakeasczz numbers and their DAYS OF OUR LIVES GAMES up their asczz, done caring along time ago, all it is is a mind game that's all.

youllbefine

Back in 1984 when I was in package delivery this was the best job ever ! Shut up and go back to being worried about what time the senior discount starts at McDonald's

youllbefine

A

Anymore the job is a circus and comedy show. I just come to work anymore and have fun, you cant take this job serious with their games anymore. You do the job the best you can and they can shove all the fakeasczz numbers and their DAYS OF OUR LIVES GAMES up their asczz, done caring along time ago, all it is is a mind game that's all.
Thank you !!

rod

Retired 22 years
Back in 1984 when I was in package delivery this was the best job ever ! Shut up and go back to being worried about what time the senior discount starts at McDonald's

McDonalds only gives one discount to seniors and that's on coffee. A senior does much better going to Arbys, Hardees, Applebees, Wendys and most any other restaurant other than McDonalds.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
A job is something you do while looking for a career. As much as most of you would hate to admit it, you have a career here, that of which you hate. I personally don't mind working here, been doing it for 15 years, can see doing 15 more, my body willing. Take away the pay and benefits, that's when it goes from career to job. Don't fool yourselves, you'll stay here as long as you can to reach the end, might as well make the most of it while you are.

ArcherUTR

1 out of 10 days on a nice sunny fair weather day with a decent dispatch, I have one of the best jobs in the world.

4 out of ten days suck donkey balls, because UPS is a publicly traded company and only cares about reports.

5 out of 10 days, I don't give a :censored2: because I get paid to exercise while listening to sports radio.

Last edited: