Do you fold in your mirrors at every stop

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Exactly!!!

I got observed one day by my on car and my center manager and was not pulling my mirror and was questioned about it. I told her I refuse to do it. She asked why and the OCS told her not even to bother that she wasn't going to win with me on this. I told her my arm is worth more than that $10 mirror. Plain and simple.
And I too would refuse to walk behind the vehicle. When asked why I said if a vehicle swerves off its path and heads towards the truck I would be pinched between the vehicle and my truck. No thanks. I would rather walk in front and have the truck take the brunt of the hit rather than my kneecaps.

Yes. I also never go out the drivers door. I may cross the road only 10 times a day

10 Pt

Never folded my mirrors even once !!!

Gotta love UPS-
- I hit someones mirror, It's my fault
- Someone hits my mirror, still my fault

Useless Points of Safety
It also wears our the mirror pivots quickly. When you need the mirrors to stay in position while you're driving at 55 mph they fold in because they're worn out.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It also wears our the mirror pivots quickly. When you need the mirrors to stay in position while you're driving at 55 mph they fold in because they're worn out.
Absolutely !!!
Watching your mirrors fold in on the highway is one of the unsafest things that could ever happen to us.
You practically have to use your backing camera to gauge if you can safely make a lane change !!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Absolutely !!!
Watching your mirrors fold in on the highway is one of the unsafest things that could ever happen to us.
You practically have to use your backing camera to gauge if you can safely make a lane change !!!

I never had a backup camera. Are you saying they can be used while going forward? That don't sound like the best idea.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I never had a backup camera. Are you saying they can be used while going forward? That don't sound like the best idea.

I thought that were dumber than hell when they first installed them.

Not long after, I thought they were one of the smartest moves Parcel ever made. There were many times some jackwad was so far up my butt, the only way I knew he was there was because of the camera.

rod

Retired 22 years
I thought that were dumber than hell when they first installed.

Not long after, I thought they were one of the smartest moves Parcel ever made. There were many times some jackwad was so far up my butt, the only way I knew he was there was because of the camera.

Why does UPS deem it safe to have an operating backup camera when you are going forward but EVERY automaker in the world only makes theirs work when you are in reverse?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Why does UPS deem it safe to have an operating backup camera when you are going forward but EVERY automaker in the world only makes theirs work when you are in reverse?

They are mounted up high in the cab. The only time they are i distraction is after dark, and I always cranked the brightness and contrast until the monitor was black.

BTW, drive a Range Rover some day. You can turn on and observe six cameras around the car while you are driving. Or a newish Honda. You can activate a right-side camera while you are driving.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

On the screen, you can barely see a foot or two off the back corners.
Not ideal, just using any information I can to see if any vehicles are in my blind spot.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have never folded a mirror in while on area, and I'm not going to start. This is a health and safety issue, my arm is worth more than a mirror.

rod

Retired 22 years
They are mounted up high in the cab. The only time they are i distraction is after dark, and I always cranked the brightness and contrast until the monitor was black.

BTW, drive a Range Rover some day. You can turn on and observe six cameras around the car while you are driving. Or a newish Honda. You can activate a right-side camera while you are driving.

Range Rovers are over rated

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Range Rovers are over rated

You won't get an argument from me over that. Soccer mom bling, nothing more.

Did you know that any, and I mean every, electrical/electronic component replaced or repaired on a Range Rover has to be paired to the car with a Rover (read dealer) specific computer?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Extremely unreliable. They drive like crap. Buddy has the Autobiography. The only nice thing about a Rover is the quality of the interior. Top notch.

Lets just say, if I wanted a big, luxurious, ostentatious off-roader that I could depend on to go anywhere without leaving me stranded, I'd find a ten year old Land Cruiser with reasonably low mileage.

Indecisi0n

Most newer cameras have a "night mode" that you can toggle on/off.

10 Pt

DVIR-----Please tighten and/or replace mirror pivots.

The repair is done after you find out the mirror brackets fold up. That's too late. Unless you want to arbitrarily write it up every month if you have a metro route... and drive the mechanic nuts.
If the company would buy vehicles that have mirrors and brackets that are closer proximity to the vehicle it would help.

One driver I know finished a delivery, pulled his mirror out into position and a dump truck tore it off. He's lucky he had his arm and hand back in the truck.