Do you think this contract will pass?

How are you voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gimme Danger

Preloaders under the contract from 2018-2023 will receive no raises based on their seniority.
For far too long, part timers have had staggered pay rates. There is no single rate like among the full time classifications. So conceptually, I agree with this. The problem is that existing part timers didn't get additional raises to stay ahead of this new minimum rate. There probably should be a progression from a starting rate to a general pay rate, which increases annually with the GWI (same concept as full time classifications).

Pullman Brown

Respectfully, I'm going to decline to answer anymore questions at this time. I do not feel that I am helping any of you by answering any questions that people do not really want to here. I will sit back and watch, maybe chiming in at another time. I think members need to get the facts first. I tried to help out with this, but in hindsight it was a mistake. The reason I am answering you and nobody else is because I thoroughly enjoyed jousting with you.

All the best and fraternally yours

Tony

I'm still waiting for my question to be answered!

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

The part timers should vote if they are concerned. We are a democratic union, a union that works well in the modern anti-worker pro-capitalist economy. I am proud to say that I work for UPS and am a Union employee that fights for my family!

Mutineer

I hope nobody takes this site seriously. Really? I make 120k a year plus benefits, as a package donkey!!! I pray the negotiating committee knows the silent majority appreciates their hard work.
I believe this is exactly how the general public perceives a UPS driver. An overpaid package donkey.
If y'all strike, I think the general public will be far more angry than sympathetic. This isn't 1997 anymore. Everybody orders crap online, and they want it NOW!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The part timers should vote if they are concerned. We are a democratic union, a union that works well in the modern anti-worker pro-capitalist economy. I am proud to say that I work for UPS and am a Union employee that fights for my family!
Judging by your posts you're only concerned about yourself and will accept concessions for others as long as you can continue to make your money.

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

I could go management if I was stupid. Since 99 management has gotten fuc@ed as any of the will tell you, at least the ones still around since 99. Fu#k Abney and his investor class overlords. Most middle and lower management would tell you the same.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I don't apologize for fighting for my family. The UPS regular seniority driver is the core of this company. We represent the company and the union to the public.
ups doesn't care about the core, I too ran like a wild man doing special favors and scratching by 2 hours (now an hour cause time was taken away) Ups is banking on the iregs since service sucks right now. Our building cant handle the volume so we have meet points everyday. Im burned out mentally and my patience is running thin, its too much and they don't care. I could stay out till 9 every night without a word or help. Then we had 4 accidents in a two week period for 7 centers.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
How does the master get passed prior to the supplements and riders when they're all voted on at the same time?

The supplements and riders can be shot down just like the last contract while the master does pass but can't be fully ratified. But if we do pass the master first again this time we will lose the ability to strike. That's why we need more information. We have nothing other than wage increases and a job that doesn't exist yet.

Days

@upsbeernut I'm sorry to hear that. Our hub is better than that, but still has its problems.

It sucks when you feel like the smartest person in the room and the supervisors just don't understand.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Just trying to see what people are thinking. The Strike authorization poll was very close to the real numbers

Apples and Oranges... A strike authorization vote is a no brainer, you guys needed leverage.

A real strike, when lively hoods are on the line, without having all the information yet is quite different.

But it will be interesting to see what happens. The world and technology are changing fast.

Good luck.

Apples and Oranges... A strike authorization vote is a no brainer, you guys needed leverage.

A real strike, when lively hoods are on the line, without having all the information yet is quite different.

But it will be interesting to see what happens. The world and technology are changing fast.

Good luck.
I guarantee you this is a sell out contract. Hopefully everyone reads it first.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
As of right now if the poll represents votes for the contract, the NNC would have to go back to the table. I just hope this contract is not shoved down are throats so I can spend the rest of my time resenting the company and union the same. It's hard enough walking in knowing UPS is :censored2:ing me now I will have to feel the same for the union as well, definitely DP if you ask me.