Do you think this contract will pass?

How are you voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As of right now if the poll represents votes for the contract, the NNC would have to go back to the table. I just hope this contract is not shoved down are throats so I can spend the rest of my time resenting the company and union the same. It's hard enough walking in knowing UPS is :censored2:ing me now I will have to feel the same for the union as well, definitely DP if you ask me.
Posters here tend to be disgruntled, they would have voted down the last contract too.

Undertow

ups doesn't care about the core, I too ran like a wild man doing special favors and scratching by 2 hours (now an hour cause time was taken away) Ups is banking on the iregs since service sucks right now. Our building cant handle the volume so we have meet points everyday. Im burned out mentally and my patience is running thin, its too much and they don't care. I could stay out till 9 every night without a word or help. Then we had 4 accidents in a two week period for 7 centers.
Very similar at my building. After such a pathetic performance from management in the run up, during, and now after such an awful peak season, the best of the best drivers in the facility have flat out had it and are leaving for semi driving or just retiring outright in pure contempt. Unless there is iron clad language that substantially draws the line on what have become intersecting issues regarding technology, forced overtime, and continual harassment then I can't see any way this gets out of my local with anything remotely near approval from the members.

Back in '97, the mood here among most of the rank and file was a reluctant willingness to strike. Not anymore. An absolutely overwhelming amount of the hourlies are so angry about the non stop terrible working conditions and the constant failure of management to fix the always inadequate staffing that the willingness to channel that anger into a strike is at an all time high. Unless there's some kind of unprecedented pension bump that the bargaining committee somehow forgot to mention among the "highlights", there's zero chance this gets a YES vote here.

Total package

We can rebuild him
I don't see this getting anywhere near a majority of full timers or even seasoned part timers. I just wonder how many knuckleheads that have been hired in the last year will hear they're gonna get a $3 raise and vote Yes in 30 seconds on their smartphone before they read one damn word of it

Chilly Willie

I don't want a strike, neither the union nor the company can afford a strike.
I want a fair contract.
We need to pay the new hires better so we can recruit smarter managers ( in my area I have met tree stumps that could hit their targets better than my regional and division managers)
Key reasons to vote no.
A. the lack of a guarantee for no forced 6th day provision, with out paying doubble time.
B. The two tier package driver pay disparity is not reasonable.

M

MenInBrown

I want a fair contract.
We need to pay the new hires better so we can recruit smarter managers ( in my area I have met tree stumps that could hit their targets better than my regional and division managers)
Key reasons to vote no.
A. the lack of a guarantee for no forced 6th day provision, with out paying doubble time.

There is only so long you can go by putting physical flunkeys in managerial positions. My center is feeling the effects of these physical flunkies. They have zero knowledge about any and everything. They do not even know how to do add/cuts to routes. Seriously are you that stupid you don’t know how to use our system? So I’m with you on getting smarter management but it will not happen. The same physical flunkeys will go ito management. Just think of the lack of knowledge and understanding it takes to even qualify for management.

I want a fair contract.
Key reasons to vote no.
20k a year is no big deal.... Smh

If the ballots are mailed out the contract will pass. I've yet to see a contract be rejected that was voted on by the rank and file. Funny that everyone who talks about voting always say they voted no yet it still passes. The only time there was a strike is when the ballots weren't mailed out. I wouldn't sweat it, just saying.

Dusty01

Best possible scenario to negotiate a good contract and the negotiating asses are on their knees. Holding on to a long position for another two weeks, then I'll short this puppy. This stock should be good for a drop as we get close to the deadline and the fear of strike starts boiling again. I'll be long again on this stock after a short drop though. Brown will definitely be increasing shareholder value by thinning the herd of FT drivers and rolling out lower paid hybrid drivers. I'm a topped out FT driver, but have multiple sources of income so all my eggs are not in the brown truck. I've been telling other drivers for years to start a business and invest while you are making this kind of money before your body or other circumstances change. I'll bet a few coins this hybrid driver bit will show a long term reduction in FT drivers at FT pay. Ultimately I'm long on the stock for obvious reasons, but short on the careers of the next generation of drivers. Corporate greed at it's finest.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
they had the part time supervisors coming around talking to us about the contract. I was like you guys are union now