Do you think this contract will pass?

How are you voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

panther

I dont need to see the rest of the contract to know that I will never support a 2 tier hybrid driver position. If the company wants to run routes on the weekends fine. Those drivers shall be classified as regular full time drivers with the SAME FULL TIME PAY. Period.

upsmaster

The hybrid driver plan was originally proposed by the Teamsters union, not the company, according to leaks from the union negotiating committee. This information has provoked widespread anger among the rank and file. Yesterday’s announcement amounts to a provocation against UPS workers. Lead negotiator Denis T, the bargaining committee, and Teamsters President James P. Hoffa simply ignored the near-unanimous opposition among UPS workers to the creation of a second tier of drivers. Instead, the Teamsters claimed that the new tier was in response to “membership concerns, including Saturday and Sunday delivery, excessive forced overtime [and] time off.”

Superteeth2478

I can already say I've begun the process when I sent out a mass text to the part-timers (I'm their steward) telling them to vote no and spread the word as soon as I got the highlights. I was referring to a lot of the bitter full-timers that hate the part-timers and assume they won't vote.

Twisty

Yes..

Full time will always bump a part timer.

They will most likely offer you the hybrid spot tho
Yeah that's what I was getting at.I know the 'Details' haven't been settled yet and there are amendments made usually but as the rules stand right now cover drivers no matter there seniority would get bumped by new lower paid drivers or,I could take a pay cut of over $15 an hour and bid on a hybrid job????If this is true then it's officially the worst sellout drivers have suffered and the beginning of the end for teamsters.

panther

The hybrid driver plan was originally proposed by the Teamsters union, not the company, according to leaks from the union negotiating committee. This information has provoked widespread anger among the rank and file. Yesterday’s announcement amounts to a provocation against UPS workers. Lead negotiator Denis T, the bargaining committee, and Teamsters President James P. Hoffa simply ignored the near-unanimous opposition among UPS workers to the creation of a second tier of drivers. Instead, the Teamsters claimed that the new tier was in response to “membership concerns, including Saturday and Sunday delivery, excessive forced overtime [and] time off.”

Light

Do you think this contract will pass or is it trash?
am new to ups so you made seniority does that mean you got qualified or hired in March
I am new upsers my hire date is in may 2018. But i still need to qualify however I am done all my training and backgrounds and dot and interview so will I be with all the current drivers or will I be in the new contract after August Because qualification will take to late August or September

am new to ups so you made seniority does that mean you got qualified or hired in March
I am new upsers my hire date is in may 2018. But i still need to qualify however I am done all my training and backgrounds and dot and interview so will I be with all the current drivers or will I be in the new contract after August Because qualification will take to late August or September
My best guess you would be covered under the new contract.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I can post where I want. The losses of jobs will be in management and union. If you do not believe or understand the competition that is present your delusional or ignorant.
Casey touted competition before you and I was born even though there was none... some of you mgt are drinking the coolaid.... why is it when I tried to get my customers to use all of ups services and had a strong relationship with them you were the first one to ask why I spent an extra 5 minutes at a stop??? I got multiple accounts to switch over to ups over the years and then you dropped the ball by telling me I couldn’t deliver a 1/2 million dollar account in my first five stops because you wanted me to save 5 minutes and .10 of a mile.....then I look like the fool when I go in to these accounts and see FedEx packages only after we had them for 2 months.... you guys are the fing joke

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
Every union employee of this company has to stand together and vote "NO".

Why?

The goal of the company is to pass the Master before the supplements and riders. And by doing that you are giving the company the green light for hybrid drivers to essentially load their own truck for 4 hours and then work 9 hours delivering with no protection.

How does the master get passed prior to the supplements and riders when they're all voted on at the same time?

Twisty

I just cant wrap my mind around why the UNION would propose this.
Here's why.Think Democratic and Republican party's,there supposed to be opposing party's yet they except $$$ from alot of the same donors, vote together on alot of the same issues that the majority of Americans don't agree with ect...Teamsters under current leadership has become an arm of management to an extent."It's a big club and you ain't in it"George Carlin.

Light

If you disdid make your 30 days yet , you aren't a qualified driver.
A member stated the seniority date is the first date you start to qualify
Reason I am asking
Management state that we r putting you inside for now because can’t train you on qualification yet
I am wondering if they are doing that because they are wait for the contract to pass and I would be on the new contract for new drivers