Do you think this contract will pass?

How are you voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Superteeth2478

$20 to misload trucks is pretty good.
I gotta admit, as much as I dislike the part-timer bashing on this board, I legitimately laughed out loud at this one. Although, it's only going to be $17.15 an hour to misload trucks for the new hires at the end of this contract. Still, not bad money to misload trucks.

Superteeth2478

2) How badly are current part-timers going to get screwed? What makes up for the fact that we allegedly won't be getting a catch-up raise? There are various threads here attempting to explore and explain the little information we have been given, and nobody's happy about it.
I guarantee that if there were catch-up raises for part-timers making $13.00/hour plus at the time of the ratification of the contract it would have been mentioned. It would just be too good of a selling point for veteran part-timers (who are at least a little more likely to vote) to not mention it. There will be no catch-up raises, and veteran part-timers are just going to have to bend over, take it, and ask for more (not more money, but more D in the A). VOTE NO!

suff0cati0n

Under Paid Slave
This contract will probably have a very narrow margin. I can't say whether it will be ratified or not. Most new hires won't vote, but the ones who do and all current PTers will have read the main points that were posted and instantly think "hey I'm getting a $3 raise thats a pretty good deal" and start telling all their coworkers about it, then you will have a bunch of people starting to look at the cheese in the trap and not at the trap itself.

Superteeth2478

This contract will probably have a very narrow margin. I can't say whether it will be ratified or not. Most new hires won't vote, but the ones who do and all current PTers will have read the main points that were posted and instantly think "hey I'm getting a $3 raise thats a pretty good deal" and start telling all their coworkers about it, then you will have a bunch of people starting to look at the cheese in the trap and not at the trap itself.
And that right there is the biggest problem. And with the level of "brotherhood" amongst the Teamsters, no one is going to inform the part-timers how much this contract really sucks in the long run. Too many people are just going to assume that NO part-timers will vote, and that will be the beginning of the end. Most part-timers aren't going to realize that that highlight alone is catered to them to manipulate them into voting "yes".

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
I think it'll pass. Once people hear the details of it all they'll be satisfied. It addresses the overtime issue, 70 hour work week issue and weekend work which MANY people complained about.

Pullman Brown

Ultimate goal. We're the last of the full timers...

I said that last contract

Something like this is the best we will ever have it...

That might be their goal but if they cap the amount of hybrid drivers in a center and you drive in an area that is growing their is no way that hybrid drivers will be enough to handle the volume without creating new full-time drivers!

It sounds like the Company/Union sat down and told the Union/Company this: ok we have a plan that will get you guys more union dues and us the ability to freeze these high paying full-time driving jobs, even though we will keep giving them raises, but at least we don't have to create as much as we have in the past! Read between the lines! It will take you lower seniority guys forever to move up the seniority list because new jobs wont be created and you might be a cover driver for a lot longer than you are now! These guys are really politicians!

Last edited:

dogs.bite.me

No mention of where cover drivers stand???I'm at top rate but average about 2-3 days a week driving with some full weeks in there and of course drive all of peak.Will a full time hybrid driver bump me?There full time I'm still considered PT.Just throwing it out there.
Yes..

Full time will always bump a part timer.

They will most likely offer you the hybrid spot tho

dogs.bite.me

A lot. Part time is hard work. A lot of the part timers who became drivers tell me how much easier it is than having to work the pre-load. You only have to unload one truck. My drivers are usually bragging about how they can take long lunches, drag out their days, and still get done by 5:30.

One driver told me that he was done by 2 and just sat around for a couple hours until he could come back to the hub.

What fairy tale land are you living in.

You send like management material. Sign him up.

dogs.bite.me

And that right there is the biggest problem. And with the level of "brotherhood" amongst the Teamsters, no one is going to inform the part-timers how much this contract really sucks in the long run. Too many people are just going to assume that NO part-timers will vote, and that will be the beginning of the end. Most part-timers aren't going to realize that that highlight alone is catered to them to manipulate them into voting "yes".

Speak for yourself.

I spent over an hour speaking with the local sort part timers yesterday. Giving them things to think about. Telling them that the 2-3$ raise was a carrot they are dangling and to pay close attention to the other issues.

Many of them were asking me what to do. I simply stated that if there is something in there that hurts your future, you can vote no.and they will go back to the table.

upschuck

There are a certain number of package car driving jobs all over the four regions that have been counted. These jobs have to be maintained. The best part is that you can take part in this by holding both the union and the company accountable.
So, they will count the routes, and not drivers?

upsmaster

vote NO that's how you show UPS and the teamsters the company made a PROFIT IN 2017 of % BILLION and HUGE tax breaks from the federal government

That might be their goal but if they cap the amount of hybrid drivers in a center and you drive in an area that is growing their is no way that hybrid drivers will be enough to handle the volume without creating new full-time drivers!

It sounds like the Company/Union sat down and told the Union/Company this: ok we have a plan that will get you guys more union dues and us the ability to freeze these high paying full-time driving jobs, even though we will keep giving them raises, but at least we don't have to create as much as we have in the past! Read between the lines! It will take you lower seniority guys forever to move up the seniority list because new jobs wont be created and you might be a cover driver for a lot longer than you are now! These guys are really politicians!
What's next? 22.5 jobs

happyman2018

GTFO and Go hang out in the mgt forum with that scrub @Dragon ..... you guys can go talk about MIP or your latest “enhancement” that will be shoved down your throats at the start of next year....
I can post where I want. The losses of jobs will be in management and union. If you do not believe or understand the competition that is present your delusional or ignorant.