Do you think this contract will pass?

How are you voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Observer

No, I don't believe it will pass. The Sunday driver issue, harassment, 9.5, short pay in slow months, pension problems. I know they want to be positive but -I don't believe it will pass. I think we will work pass the expiration date of the current contract and then get retro pay like the last time. To them it's good news- but it's not. How soon will people get a copy of this one to read and vote on? So does this mean that Hoffa did not have a hand in this one - just Taylor?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
No, I don't believe it will pass. The Sunday driver issue, harassment, 9.5, short pay in slow months, pension problems. I know they want to be positive but -I don't believe it will pass. I think we will work pass the expiration date of the current contract and then get retro pay like the last time. To them it's good news- but it's not. How soon will people get a copy of this one to read and vote on? So does this mean that Hoffa did not have a hand in this one - just Taylor?
Have you seen/read the 9.5 language, pensions problems etc?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Great idea, there will be a lot of unemployed people after.
Give it some time. When the details come out, make an educated decision. If you are basing your ideas off of a garbage UPS Rising web site or what you are reading on various forms of social media on the internet you aren't getting the whole story. Investigate, before you make a judgement.

So, why not put it out for everyone to see?

Wouldn’t that stop the speculating ?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Where are they going to find all these hybrids? We can’t even find regular drivers now.
Really you think ups wont be able to find someone cheaper to do your job, they have done worse things for less benefit to themselves. You are either dumber then I thought or think the company is going to waste this new contract language for the paper its written on. You better wake up and smell the Rose's and start thinking of the future and not what you got now.

Days

As far as some hubs are concerned, some pre-loaders would jump at a pay raise and FT hours. It's not the best deal, but it's better than the crap they gave part timers in this new contract

Days

And how many loaders want to actually drive?

A lot. Part time is hard work. A lot of the part timers who became drivers tell me how much easier it is than having to work the pre-load. You only have to unload one truck. My drivers are usually bragging about how they can take long lunches, drag out their days, and still get done by 5:30.

One driver told me that he was done by 2 and just sat around for a couple hours until he could come back to the hub.

km3

A lot. Part time is hard work. A lot of the part timers who became drivers tell me how much easier it is than having to work the pre-load. You only have to unload one truck. My drivers are usually bragging about how they can take long lunches, drag out their days, and still get done by 5:30.

One driver told me that he was done by 2 and just sat around for a couple hours until he could come back to the hub.

Ok, whatever you say Dave.

F

Frankie's Friend

I said I had a chance on the negotiating committee? “Can you show me this?” And btw, my question was rhetorical.
Quote:

[Quote="wide load, post: 3578745, member: 57235]
Me and anHOURover are going to be on Hof's negotiating team as long as there's women to harass[/QUOTE]

THERE YOU GO...
FACT

Don't believe that crap

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah, driving is easy. 18 stops on road per hour with copy paper in the metro areas is cake.
All you gotta do is get it in the truck.
We've got to find it (3-10 cases), drag it over ten other things and two bulk stops becuz it was loaded under the shelf to get it out of the way.

Dig out our cart, load the bulk on the cab floor, reload it onto the cart, drag it up the steps and into the building with 20 floors.

Yeah, drivers have it made.
While you walk 30 ft to jam it into the truck in 4 hrs we unload it in order (ugh) for 9 hrs, 50-70 miles later.

Days

That's the problem with drivers is that they blame the pre-loaders for their crap loads when they should blame the supervisors. Terrible pacing and training. You'll have 900 pieces and you'll get 700 of it in the first 2 hours so the supervisors can send people home early and save money. Pre-load is awful

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Really you think ups wont be able to find someone cheaper to do your job, they have done worse things for less benefit to themselves. You are either dumber then I thought or think the company is going to waste this new contract language for the paper its written on. You better wake up and smell the Rose's and start thinking of the future and not what you got now.
We have off the street hires for drivers quiting after 6 months... pters are sticking around for 1 or 2.....then leaving....it’s bad here... even after they bumped the starting wage for pters to 15....this job, the hours and workload isn’t going to be something that the masses can just step into and be successful....ups as a whole has a HUGE problem with turnover....yes there are some places here and there that dont have the kinds of issues but many places are hurting on the hiring front...

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I understand that the current full-time jobs are protected. I'm asking a real simple question! Will new FUTURE regular driving jobs be created (non-hybrid driving jobs)? If not then what the company/union has done has frozen all current regular driving jobs around the country so that no more full-time driving jobs will be created! Do you understand what I am asking?

Ultimate goal. We're the last of the full timers...

542thruNthru

Yeah, driving is easy. 18 stops on road per hour with copy paper in the metro areas is cake.
All you gotta do is get it in the truck.
We've got to find it (3-10 cases), drag it over ten other things and two bulk stops becuz it was loaded under the shelf to get it out of the way.

Dig out our cart, load the bulk on the cab floor, reload it onto the cart, drag it up the steps and into the building with 20 floors.

Yeah, drivers have it made.
While you walk 30 ft to jam it into the truck in 4 hrs we unload it in order (ugh) for 9 hrs, 50-70 miles later.

1st... those drivers are lying to you. Telematics would show management that they were sitting around for a couple hours and they'd be fired for stealing time. Trust me they watch every minute of what we do.

2nd... let's not fight amongst each other. Both jobs are difficult. People know this and that's why even drivers agree that PTs deserve better pay. Hence the main proposal for the contract, better part-time pay.

@Days I know it sounds easy unloading 1 truck but trust me it's not. I'm not saying preload is easy but imagine having to del 5 50lb boxes up 3 flights of stairs which requires 3 trips and then a couple irregs up stairs that are 120lb each. It happens a lot.

@Sickofit And @Days we all need to remember as much as we think we know each other's job. It's nothing like we think or remember anymore. This is a time for coming together and seeing each other's side and realizing we deserve better. This contract sucks and telling each other that their job is easy is not going to help.

Anyways I've been drinking. friend @UpstateNYUPSer ;)

Still... It's true. :)