Do Your Xmas Shopping this weekend!

P1 Lates

Well, Express guys and gals, schedules out and these next two weeks are going to be hell. Already start times are earlier and notice mandatory Saturday's from here on out. I'm still trying to get used to driving at night.

Look for long days and messages from your manager to save some hours for the weekend. Late freight kills us here and we always end up straight-lining anyway.

Who's going to have time to shop?

whenIgetthere

Peak, what peak. Our volumes are terrible. Usually there's a slow build up and then the big bang, but our volumes were way down all week, so therefore my hours were way down all week!

Damon77

Well, Express guys and gals, schedules out and these next two weeks are going to be hell. Already start times are earlier and notice mandatory Saturday's from here on out. I'm still trying to get used to driving at night.

Look for long days and messages from your manager to save some hours for the weekend. Late freight kills us here and we always end up straight-lining anyway.

Who's going to have time to shop?

The best part? My manager told me today he and the other managers were told to take two days off before the 15th this month. I guess corporate wants to make sure they don't get worn out sitting in front of the slide and clear log all day. Couriers? Have fun working 13 a day and driving around like your hair's on fire. Merry Christmas.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The best part? My manager told me today he and the other managers were told to take two days off before the 15th this month. I guess corporate wants to make sure they don't get worn out sitting in front of the slide and clear log all day. Couriers? Have fun working 13 a day and driving around like your hair's on fire. Merry Christmas.

Your managers are "Critical Personnel", but you are not. They need that relaxation time to figure out how they are going to completely screw everything up and then blame someone else for it.

LTFedExer

Just finished shopping for the kids. Placed an order for my future mother-in-law, a friend and a co-worker/friend on Amazon this morning. Only 1 person left........she was with me or I'd be completely done.

FedExer267

I am hoping I will be done next weekend. I took on a side job to be able to give the kids a good Christmas and pay some bills. The funny thing is my Contractor keeps coming to me asking me to work on Saturdays... I finally told him why would I, I am working 2 jobs and now on weekends painting a house on the inside three weekends of work will get me 3000 dollars more than I make in a month at FedEx... I told him basically I am not doing it cuz a extra 100 on a Saturday isn't worth my time... hehehehe Merry Christmas FedEx... We may be more loyal if we were treated right...

vantexan

I am hoping I will be done next weekend. I took on a side job to be able to give the kids a good Christmas and pay some bills. The funny thing is my Contractor keeps coming to me asking me to work on Saturdays... I finally told him why would I, I am working 2 jobs and now on weekends painting a house on the inside three weekends of work will get me 3000 dollars more than I make in a month at FedEx... I told him basically I am not doing it cuz a extra 100 on a Saturday isn't worth my time... hehehehe Merry Christmas FedEx... We may be more loyal if we were treated right...

When I was domiciled in Eagle Pass, TX, which means I was by myself and met someone on the road to get my freight, I worked out a deal to work Saturdays at our little station in Uvalde 60 miles away. My mgr would only let me do it if I drove my FedEx van to and from Uvalde on my own time. So I'd drive up, work 3 to 4 hrs max on OT of about $20hr, take in a movie at the local cineplex, and drive home. That was about 8 years ago, and I'm not much better off now. Except that I don't live in that hellhole anymore.

franknitty

I just came from Best Buy and Walmart looking one of those LCD Tvs. I was told to wait until a few days before christmas, to get the best deal. Maybe the Fedex Express management will stop cutting hours by then.