Does any one know how much a sleeperteam driver make

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
One of the guys I still keep in touch with is on a sleeper team. He asked a young guy who had just come into feeders to be his co-driver. They split the miles down the middle. Both get paid the same. The senior driver drives days and the junior driver does nights. They each make a little over $150,000 a year. A bonanza for the junior guy. They get off around noon on Fridays, home all weekend. Go in around 1am on Monday. Come back home Tuesday afternoon, head back in late Tuesday night. All the way up the east coast to NY and back. He called me today, and said they were running 7 hours late due to traffic delays. I believe once they drop down below a certain MPH for a certain amount of time, you revert to hourly rate, speed back up and go to mileage. If I'm wrong on this, I'm sure someone can enlighten me.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
One of the guys I still keep in touch with is on a sleeper team. He asked a young guy who had just come into feeders to be his co-driver. They split the miles down the middle. Both get paid the same. The senior driver drives days and the junior driver does nights. They each make a little over $150,000 a year. A bonanza for the junior guy. They get off around noon on Fridays, home all weekend. Go in around 1am on Monday. Come back home Tuesday afternoon, head back in late Tuesday night. All the way up the east coast to NY and back. He called me today, and said they were running 7 hours late due to traffic delays. I believe once they drop down below a certain MPH for a certain amount of time, you revert to hourly rate, speed back up and go to mileage. If I'm wrong on this, I'm sure someone can enlighten me.

We are supposed to have wheels stopped for >15 minutes for any delay.

Is your friend one of the top seniority drivers? We only have a couple with a schedule like that and this A drivers have been around for awhile.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Is your friend one of the top seniority drivers? We only have a couple with a schedule like that and this A drivers have been around for awhile.
He is in the top 7 or 8 out of about 200 or so. He has been on a sleeper team for 10+ years. The #1 driver in our building works a 4 day job going to California. He is ok with driving less miles and have 3 consecutive days off.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
He is in the top 7 or 8 out of about 200 or so. He has been on a sleeper team for 10+ years. The #1 driver in our building works a 4 day job going to California. He is ok with driving less miles and have 3 consecutive days off.

200 sleeper drivers? We are quite a bit smaller than that.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
200 sleeper drivers? We are quite a bit smaller than that.
200 total feeder drivers. There are about 40 team drivers on 20 runs. I heard a rumor they were going to add another 40 drivers by the first of the year. Whether they are going to be sleeper drivers or regular feeder drivers, I don't know.