Does anybody like their job?

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
I hate this job. I hate my co workers, managment, customers, and all the other bastards on the road.
For someone to hate the job that much, there has to be something that hapened to them! I wonder what hapened to you JULAKA? But if yah hate it that much UPS dosn't lock the door out!:dissapointed:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
In my opinion, one aspect - part of the whole "best paid truck driver in the country "- is overrated.

In rural Texas for instance, $80,000 a year is worth about $30,000 a year in other areas like CA, NY for instance.

I can hardly live off $24/hr working 22.3 inside in the area I reside. In other areas that kind of money you can live like a king.

Therefore, being a UPS driver or any FT employee is hardly "worth" the harrassment, mindgames, and physical labor depending on where you live. That is a large part of whether or not you "like" your job or not.

Bad Gas!

I hate this job. I hate my co workers, managment, customers, and all the other bastards on the road.

How about yourself? Do you like yourself? Do you think you are a nice person? Do you like your paycheck?..........Would you like it easy and make 1/2 of what you make on a good day?

satellitedriver

This is the saddest post I have ever read in Brown Cafe.
Life is too damn short doing things you hate.
I have left better jobs/careers, for this same reason.
The turning point for me was being a pall bearer.
I swore to myself that my last dying thoughts were not going to be, "I wish I would have".
I knew where and how I wanted to live and I quit my position and moved to where I wanted to live. The transition was costly and very uncertain.
UPS was the best deal going, so I hunted down this job/career and bagged my game.
So,to answer the original question of this post.
Yes.

tiegirl

tiegirl
Yes. I love my job. I just hate the supervisor I work for, the building i work in and everything associated with it. They find every way possible to belittle me as a person. I can feel like, wow, I really did a lot for that account only to be told how bad I did what was so good for the account. What is the deal with that.

I would never recommend UPS as a company for my children to work for. I would want them to have peace in their life. How can you have peace in your life when 8 hours a day, 9 including lunch they infringe upon, someone is out to make your life a living hell no matter how well you do. They never let up. My children have the ability to make other choices than to work for a company that even your absolute best of your best is only marginal to UPS.

Is there anybody working for UPS that likes their job?
I am not saying this to stir the pot, I am worried.
I chose this career (still waiting my turn to drive) but now it bothers me that it seams like everyone hates their job.
I understand that some come here to complain and even in a job you love there are days that a bit of complaining is in order.
Is there anybody that the whole package works for, that gets along with management, that doesn't have a underlying resentment of the company eating them up?

Is there anybody that would recommend the job to their son or daughter?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Julaka are you having one of these lives?
YouTube - George Strait - I Hate Everything
Man o man! That man can eat crackers in my bed anytime he wants to. LOL

This is the saddest post I have ever read in Brown Cafe.
Life is too damn short doing things you hate.
I have left better jobs/careers, for this same reason.
The turning point for me was being a pall bearer.
I swore to myself that my last dying thoughts were not going to be, "I wish I would have".
I knew where and how I wanted to live and I quit my position and moved to where I wanted to live. The transition was costly and very uncertain.
UPS was the best deal going, so I hunted down this job/career and bagged my game.
So,to answer the original question of this post.
Yes.
Sat, I hear ya.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
In my opinion, one aspect - part of the whole "best paid truck driver in the country "- is overrated.

In rural Texas for instance, $80,000 a year is worth about $30,000 a year in other areas like CA, NY for instance.

I can hardly live off $24/hr working 22.3 inside in the area I reside. In other areas that kind of money you can live like a king.

Therefore, being a UPS driver or any FT employee is hardly "worth" the harrassment, mindgames, and physical labor depending on where you live. That is a large part of whether or not you "like" your job or not.
Go get yourself a "real" truckin' job and see what you make and what you have to put up with to make it. Believe me, brother, when it comes to truckin this job is the shiznit.

UPSNewbie

Go get yourself a "real" truckin' job and see what you make and what you have to put up with to make it. Believe me, brother, when it comes to truckin this job is the shiznit.

Haha... If you want to drive a rig right now, CR England is hiring for $.31/mile... :sick:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I understand that you are a rookie on here and at ups! And a lot of us on here have between 10 and 30 plus years working for ups and i will tell you that this is a "real trucking" job!!!

You still unload trailers and have not put in your time to compare stories with us that have been doing it as long as we have!

Your comparing other trucking companies that back in to a dock and load or unload skids for less money that we make! Imagine if all we did was 20 stops a day, but we don't! Many of us do well over 150 stops a day and work 9 to 11 hours daily.

There is no harder trucking job out there then what a ups driver does! And until you have put your time in you should really be careful how you talk to a seasoned veteran!

Your still wet behind the ears! And i dont want to hear that you are 30 plus years old with a family! That's means **** when compared to a ups driver doing this for 20 years!

negrosangre

Not so much. In the office, no help, no where to go, and too old to start over. Hopefully the stock will come back quickly, I can pay off the loans and get out early and enjoy travelling, etc.