Does anyone put a full set of chains on anymore?

WorknLateHuh

Im not talking about the skip/cheater chains but the full set.

Most drivers only throw the quick 1’s on when they are stuck, which is what i used to do.

On rural routes during snowstorms the 10-15 minutes it takes to put them on takes all the stress of the day away and it just feels like any other day. You can go almost anywhere with them. Its not that im trying to be a hero or anything, but it just takes the edge off.

Thoughts? Some mountain passes and certain areas it’s mandatory if im not mistaken...

Future

Victory Ride
Have used them twice ....last time broke off and almost flew into sometimes living room window ...while I was trying 2 get unstuck

What's their reasoning for that? That sounds weird. Is it a municipality or state thing?
The chains are a state thing

I'm not sure about the postal thing. Supposedly they have the right of way unless another emergency vehicle has flashing lights or sirens. Probably some old obsure law written years ago.

I'm too lazy to actually look it up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The chains are a state thing

I'm not sure about the postal thing. Supposedly they have the right of way unless another emergency vehicle has flashing lights or sirens. Probably some old obsure law written years ago.

I'm too lazy to actually look it up.

Yet you have more than enough energy to wallow in the muck over at Romper Room.

Future

Victory Ride
They didn't give us any sand bags this year. If it's a bad winter I will snag a few bags if Rick salt from maintenance and throw them in my truck.
Just a pain in my arse ....I place overweights over the rear tires ...works for me ... brief time in between delivery and pickups ...where truck is light