Does customer commitments not matter anymore?

PT Car Washer

This is what I hate about my job. I always just dump air in the cabin and let the driver sort it out. But it appears too much to tell preload to look for a "1" on the package. The magic 4-didget number is the word of the lord and it is a sin to rearrange it in any way.
We still leave 15 minutes late every day.
I have tried to explain the different service levels to the preload sups. Like the difference between a 1 and a 1P vs 2 and a 2AM. Complete waste of time. "We just look at the PAL label."

InsideUPS

Late air is the new norm in my state. When I started 6 years ago I use to get a big lecture about how important our commitment to the customer is. Now on a nice day they sheet it as weather and anything left in the building gets a future scan. Does that sound honest?

You must not have read the news about how poor weather affects our business (link below) . Why else would they add a "weather key" and the (X) "Other" key to the diad? Also interesting is that there are no longer any damages discovered by drivers on the road. Just refused or NI1. Another one that is now entered by clerks when an air package on the reload is discovered after the air hut leaves... is "Tendered Late" by the customer. The next reason/disposition field we need to add to ECS (Exception Capture System) is LMFAO....... which is similar but not the same as what you may think.... (L)ying (M)y (friend)ing (A)ss (O)ff . I wish I had 1 $1.00 for every Integrity sign that was taken down from UPS offices from the late 1970's on ;-)

https://www.browncafe.com/community...utlook-for-second-quarter-shares-sink.382158/

SafetyFirst

Problems with AM time here over the last few months. Shortened PCM now and we're told to just find our first stop. Our late air is almost always cause preload doesn't wrap. Which is often.

Brownt10

...so are the drivers expected to gamble, "....well...I can get one bulk stop and 5 ground stops and still get all my air off..." or do they run straight air as a prudent person would?
One building I worked in we don’t even have enough trucks bc they are red tagged so supervisors have to take their personal vehicles with a air driver and deliver air lol bet my boss wishes he did something else with his life, not to mention he doesn’t get paid mileage or overtime lol

Re-Raise

*They're

Hope this helps.

A99F4D61-0CBC-4F1F-B90D-740CF9A7B00F.jpeg

Brownt10

Can someone tell me is it ok that the supervisor I work with is sheeting a next day air stop that’s hard to make on time sheeting it as NI1 at 0930 and I didn’t deliver it till after 11?

Turkleton

There's always women at the pool, baby!
Late air isn't an option here. Our driver pulls at 20:45 every night, sharp and without exception. Won't wait a minute over. She'll up and leave us to make sure she gets to the airport on time-- and we ship medical supplies overnight for surgeries.