Does customer commitments not matter anymore?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brownt10, May 14, 2019.

1. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I have tried to explain the different service levels to the preload sups. Like the difference between a 1 and a 1P vs 2 and a 2AM. Complete waste of time. "We just look at the PAL label."

2. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Nice job.... fellow Teamster.

Center Manager:

Why did you have late Air yesterday ?

Driver:

Because my :censored2: pre-loader read a post on BrownCafe.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

If there is a cloud in the sky all late air shall be sheeted as weather !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. InsideUPS

InsideUPS Active Member

You must not have read the news about how poor weather affects our business (link below) . Why else would they add a "weather key" and the (X) "Other" key to the diad? Also interesting is that there are no longer any damages discovered by drivers on the road. Just refused or NI1. Another one that is now entered by clerks when an air package on the reload is discovered after the air hut leaves... is "Tendered Late" by the customer. The next reason/disposition field we need to add to ECS (Exception Capture System) is LMFAO....... which is similar but not the same as what you may think.... (L)ying (M)y (F)ing (A)ss (O)ff . I wish I had 1 $1.00 for every Integrity sign that was taken down from UPS offices from the late 1970's on ;-)

https://www.browncafe.com/community...utlook-for-second-quarter-shares-sink.382158/

5. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

“You can break trace if it means servicing a package”

Wouldn’t prolly hold up.

6. It's sad to us old timers

7. rod

rod retired and happy

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Member

Problems with AM time here over the last few months. Shortened PCM now and we're told to just find our first stop. Our late air is almost always cause preload doesn't wrap. Which is often.

9. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Preload not being wrapped is another example of PT workers screwing every9up for everyone else

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Brownt10

Brownt10 Member

One building I worked in we don’t even have enough trucks bc they are red tagged so supervisors have to take their personal vehicles with a air driver and deliver air lol bet my boss wishes he did something else with his life, not to mention he doesn’t get paid mileage or overtime lol

11. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

A99F4D61-0CBC-4F1F-B90D-740CF9A7B00F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. UPSjedi41

UPSjedi41 Active Member

7BFA30A8-9B5D-4BF1-99C3-8B12C72575FF.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. wooferjay

wooferjay Active Member

Or millions of dollars chasing Orion percentages.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Or paying safety guys 8 hours to do nothing but cut a route.....

15. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

The more hours we code out for safety, the safer we are. :wink-very:

16. Harley Rider

Harley Rider 34 yrs & done!

We had several preloaders that use to drag their feet loading trucks to get more time everyday. When they started driving they griped the loudest and longest about preload not being down at start time.

17. Brownt10

Brownt10 Member

Can someone tell me is it ok that the supervisor I work with is sheeting a next day air stop that’s hard to make on time sheeting it as NI1 at 0930 and I didn’t deliver it till after 11?

18. As long as he does it and you don't, it's not your problem.

19. Turkleton

Turkleton There's always women at the pool, baby!

Late air isn't an option here. Our driver pulls at 20:45 every night, sharp and without exception. Won't wait a minute over. She'll up and leave us to make sure she gets to the airport on time-- and we ship medical supplies overnight for surgeries.

20. zero

zero Member

one of my sups said late air doesnt matter unless customer calls in lol