Does customer commitments not matter anymore?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
They'll certainly still punish you for missed service. Got a verbal today for having a late early am that I could not find in time, was buried on the 4000 shelf. I had about 15 minutes to spare, couldn't find it anywhere, it was a letter, the hin was smuged and the preloader just couldn't ask for a restamp even though the damn thing said Next Day Early AM right on it.... Of course 10 minutes after commit time I was sorting and found it. I broke and went straight to it; they said I could run it on trace (an option, not an order) but friend that, somebody paid like 80 bucks for it to get there at a certain time. 20 minutes late, verbal warning, yes sir thank you sir and move on

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Hmmm, I thot preload shouldn't load NDAs inside the package cars... just stack em outside or in a tote and when the bid driver walks in, he/she will verify them and load those before rolling out

Blackadder 2

Late air is the new norm in my state. When I started 6 years ago I use to get a big lecture about how important our commitment to the customer is. Now on a nice day they sheet it as weather and anything left in the building gets a future scan. Does that sound honest?

All they care about in my building is your Orion %, nothing else matters. Getting the air to our building on time is next to impossible nowadays. Used to be weather or plane issues would cause late airs, now it is like they plan on it and just don't care.

I can see a day in the not so distanced future when UPS is taught in college business classes as a subject on what not to do.

Brownt10

All they care about in my building is your Orion %, nothing else matters. Getting the air to our building on time is next to impossible nowadays. Used to be weather or plane issues would cause late airs, now it is like they plan on it and just don't care.

I can see a day in the not so distanced future when UPS is taught in college business classes as a subject on what not to do.
I just laugh looking back when I started 4 years ago getting hauled in the office for late deliveries then getting a speech about the commitment ups has with its customers. What a joke

iruhnman630

I just laugh looking back when I started 4 years ago getting hauled in the office for late deliveries then getting a speech about the commitment ups has with its customers. What a joke
4 years? You would really love what we did 14 years ago.

What will now get you pulled in the office for driving while recording was once the management ordered practice.

On-property = on-time. Scan the first package then drive to the delivery point.

Resi air? Stop complete them before 10:30 regardless of the actual delivery time.

Dr.Brownz

Late air is the new norm in my state. When I started 6 years ago I use to get a big lecture about how important our commitment to the customer is. Now on a nice day they sheet it as weather and anything left in the building gets a future scan. Does that sound honest?

They try to hide late air all the time. I told them I will not do anything dishonest to hide late air. Now I hardly get any committed air stops, only for my one bulk stop usually. :censored2: management.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
4 years? You would really love what we did 14 years ago.

What will now get you pulled in the office for driving while recording was once the management ordered practice.

On-property = on-time. Scan the first package then drive to the delivery point.

Resi air? Stop complete them before 10:30 regardless of the actual delivery time.
That was before the class action law suit. Just do the job and be honest and have nothing to worry about.

Zowert

This is what I hate about my job. I always just dump air in the cabin and let the driver sort it out. But it appears too much to tell preload to look for a "1" on the package. The magic 4-didget number is the word of the lord and it is a sin to rearrange it in any way.
We still leave 15 minutes late every day.

This is the only thing I ask of my preloader, set my air on the drivers seat and I’ll take care of it. Everything else, as long as it’s on the right shelf I don’t care. Here we have one preloader for every ten trucks, I don’t expect them to have everything in perfect order.