Does it slow down right away after Christmas? RE: Peak Season

Brownie24

Wondering if it slows down right away after Xmas or New Years?
Our preload volume has been around 130k pieces for the last two weeks. Our highest was 160k.
What's been the volume at your hub?

Last edited:

By The Book

Our preload volume has been around 130k pieces for the last two weeks. Our highest was 160k.
What's been your volume at your hub?
Yes, it slows down pretty fast, but it will be busier than October volume for a few weeks. I don't know the volume at my center.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The volume drop depends on the amount of returns that are generated.
Some times peak volumes never really drop , because all the temp help is let go and there are fewer people available left to handle it all .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, it slows down pretty fast, but it will be busier than October volume for a few weeks. I don't know the volume at my center.

We processed 18.4K yesterday and had 8,400 stops-----both were records for our building.

Our PDS plans to run all of the Peak routes all of next week as he is expecting it to remain very busy.

DOK

Back before the Internet volume used to drop like a rock, at least in our center. We'd run 3/4 of the normal number of routes for a couple weeks starting the day right after Christmas.

DOK

We processed 18.4K yesterday and had 8,400 stops-----both were records for our building.

Our PDS plans to run all of the Peak routes all of next week as he is expecting it to remain very busy.
Lucky guys that have vacation next week. Good week to burn 4 personal days.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
200.gif

jbg77

Slight slow down for a couple weeks but still busy. if anything like the last few years there will be steady growth from the same time last year.

AutoZone

BrownPower
150k is normal volume on any given day during the year Monday-Thursday at my hub. Friday drops to about 90k but everyone calls out, so it feels busy!