Does it slow down right away after Christmas? RE: Peak Season

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In feeder it does not slow down until the last part of january. Emptying the spare yards of trailers, going to customers to get extra trailers , and bringing extra trailers to the rail yards.

stuff like that kept us pretty busy.

then if the weather got bad you can get all kinds of OT. When I was feeder relief , if it snowed, I knew I would be working because of all the feeder call outs, haha

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I would assume that those helpers are laid off package car drivers then. If not it would be an easy grievance in my local.

I'm inclined to agree with you but as someone who is on the bottom of the totem pole, they haven't told me I was helping. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
Was wondering if anyone might know how the rest of the week will be volume wise. It was easy to get the day today, figured take it now before it gets its usual post X-mas cluster bleep. Our building was less than forecasted today.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Was wondering if anyone might know how the rest of the week will be volume wise. It was easy to get the day today, figured take it now before it gets its usual post X-mas cluster bleep. Our building was less than forecasted today.

We are forecasted to get slammed the rest of the week.

All of my bulk pickups were very heavy today.