Does seniority prevail with having to go help people at the end of day?

babboo25

Banned
they should discipline you for it, but the truth is they can’t afford to lose any drivers now even for a day, so they’re too scared

if you were a tues-sat driver and pulled the fatigue bull:censored2: on monday, i would absolutely discipline
Wow, you represent all that is wrong with this company, I worked 59 hours last week, I am truly fatigued. Even got 5 hours of bonus with using a helper, I did my part, time for management to do theirs but unfortunately it’s too late for that, so sad.

35years

Gravy route
they should discipline you for it, but the truth is they can’t afford to lose any drivers now even for a day, so they’re too scared

if you were a tues-sat driver and pulled the fatigue bull:censored2: on monday, i would absolutely discipline
You would then be trying to justify your discipline to the DOT and OSHA. There are over 100 such cases every year, industry-wide.

The truth is that UPS knows that the rulings have come down in the favor of the drivers in these cases unless the driver's assessment is totally unreasonable.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Yawn.
(See what I did there?!?!)
YOU SOUND FATIGUED, NEED YOU TO COME IN ON SATURDAY THANKS

Wow, you represent all that is wrong with this company, I worked 59 hours last week, I am truly fatigued. Even got 5 hours of bonus with using a helper, I did my part, time for management to do theirs but unfortunately it’s too late for that, so sad.
YAWN

You would then be trying to justify your discipline to the DOT and OSHA. There are over 100 such cases every year, industry-wide.

The truth is that UPS knows that the rulings have come down in the favor of the drivers in these cases unless the driver's assessment is totally unreasonable.
YAWN

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
new, old, helper, part time, full time, sinner, saint, male, female, don't know your gender today, ..... "work as instructed."

35years

Gravy route
TearsInRain
Go back to touting Orion and bean counting.
Did they let you trade in your polo shirt for a tie when they brought you into the land of make believe (IE)?

Do you find it difficult to discipline your computer tablet?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They're forcing at least 200 feeder drivers to work here this Sunday at double time, but they're making sure that everyone who is forced is coming off a 34 hour reset so I doubt that the "fatigued" line would hold up if the company really wanted to make a case out of it which they won't because they are so desperate for bodies right now. If I don't want to work I'll just call in sick like any other day.

Faceplanted

They're forcing at least 200 feeder drivers to work here this Sunday at double time, but they're making sure that everyone who is forced is coming off a 34 hour reset so I doubt that the "fatigued" line would hold up if the company really wanted to make a case out of it which they won't because they are so desperate for bodies right now. If I don't want to work I'll just call in sick like any other day.
Hard to claim fatigued after a 34 hour reset. Easy after 60 hours in 5 days.

Last year we had a driver who was “forced” to come in for his 6th report. He did a few stops, called up his sup and told him he was too tired to operate the vehicle any more. Hilarious. It was a huge mess.

FYI, I’m a team player this year. Ask me nicely, don’t :censored2: me during the week, and If I’m feee I have no problem coming in sat.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That means your bottom bitch. Suck it up greenhorn and pay your dues.
I thought you weren't going to be posting sexual innuendo anymore???

....and "through December" means going forward from the pledge, ...."through December".

I am a changed man

...."changed man" means that it already happened.

Admit it, you had a relapse.
The first step is admitting your problem.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My center is so big I already have seniority on about 20 people from the bottom. I know I’m new only halfway to top pay but there are many other people that can do this BS.
This is part of the job. Kind of a major part of the job. I’ve got 15 years in. I still get the green light of death. Do I bitch about going to help people? No. I do my job and let the anchor down and file 9.5.

twoweeled

Long story short. Over 200 stops today. Just finishing up. Green light of death comes on to go help another driver. I told my sup hours ago that I do not want this extra work and that I will be out past 9pm. I also know for a fact that less seniority drivers have been allowed to go home. He said it has nothing to do with seniority and that he just needs as much help from everyone as he can. Even though other people were allowed to go home?
I will talk to my steward on Monday but is this right? This isn’t considered extra work that is forced to lower seniority guys?
I've been outta package for awhile. With that in mind. It's probably going to depend a lot on your Local. By the time it get taken care of, most of peak will be over. Seniority should matter, but at peak, some get real lax with the rules. I don't know if you still get incentive/bonus whatever you wanna call it, but there are certain drivers who will be choice driver to help other people. The lowest paid (new guys) will be first on the choice list (they are usually runners too because they're new). The last on the list, is the guy who is a low production driver and will make them pay for picking him. If they pick that low production guy, he throws out the parachute and goes into an even lower gear. He'll deliver everything, no matter how long it takes (AND IT WILL A LONG TIME). He'll come in at the end of the night and not say a thing. His production drop from low to lower, will say everything that need me said.
You have just read, the truth.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I've been outta package for awhile. With that in mind. It's probably going to depend a lot on your Local. By the time it get taken care of, most of peak will be over. Seniority should matter, but at peak, some get real lax with the rules. I don't know if you still get incentive/bonus whatever you wanna call it, but there are certain drivers who will be choice driver to help other people. The lowest paid (new guys) will be first on the choice list (they are usually runners too because they're new). The last on the list, is the guy who is a low production driver and will make them pay for picking him. If they pick that low production guy, he throws out the parachute and goes into an even lower gear. He'll deliver everything, no matter how long it takes (AND IT WILL A LONG TIME). He'll come in at the end of the night and not say a thing. His production drop from low to lower, will say everything that need me said.
You have just read, the truth.
So....you have heard of me???;)

twoweeled

I heard about people pulling this off last peak. Does it really count as a legitimate reason to miss Saturday if you’re too fatigued? No punishment?
Not sure about this one. You have the right to return, I think it's still 10 hours between punch in and punch out. Just claiming you're fatigued could open a can of worms, you don't want to open. I'd bet on that one. I also don't think it's right. That is the job now.

Indecisi0n

I thought you weren't going to be posting sexual innuendo anymore???

....and "through December" means going forward from the pledge, ...."through December".

I am a changed man

...."changed man" means that it already happened.

Admit it, you had a relapse.
The first step is admitting your problem.
I do not know who that person is that started that thread. I am me now. I do not live in the past. Is there something I can help you with sir ?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not sure about this one. You have the right to return, I think it's still 10 hours between punch in and punch out. Just claiming you're fatigued could open a can of worms, you don't want to open. I'd bet on that one. I also don't think it's right. That is the job now.
What kind of "can of worms"???
Just curious...

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
TearsInRain
Go back to touting Orion and bean counting.
Did they let you trade in your polo shirt for a tie when they brought you into the land of make believe (IE)?

Do you find it difficult to discipline your computer tablet?
only boomer dorks think anyone actually wears ties or uses tablets these days

get with the times old man

twoweeled

What kind of "can of worms"???
Just curious...
They may start to discuss whether or not he's able of meeting DOT requirements. Sure, we have the right to a minimum of 10 hours between punch out, punch in. But if he's unable to preform with DOT's minimum, maybe he's unfit? It should work once, maybe twice. But if the center decides they wanna make a statement or example, well then that could be the can of worms. Not saying it's right, but,,,

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They may start to discuss whether or not he's able of meeting DOT requirements. Sure, we have the right to a minimum of 10 hours between punch out, punch in. But if he's unable to preform with DOT's minimum, maybe he's unfit? It should work once, maybe twice. But if the center decides they wanna make a statement or example, well then that could be the can of worms. Not saying it's right, but,,,
I'll let you know how it goes.

Faceplanted

There have already been rulings siding with the drivers. What if the driver has been going on 5 hours of sleep a night due to a long commute to and from work, and responsibilities before work like getting the kids ready and taking them to school? It’s literally unsafe.

You guys cry and cry and cry, but are too afraid to stand up to the company. I as well as 10-15 drivers did it every single sat last peak, lots of other drivers took a sat here and there to recooperate and get some rest.

60 hours is what we all signed up for, now to work 60 in 5 days and be forced to come in Saturday to jump for another 10 is absolutely unacceptable.