Does your safety committee follow the contract?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Integrity

Sorry bro but your response is pretty weak. If you want the members of this forum to take you seriously you should reveal a little about yourself. Being as polite as you are isn't enough for me I will always poke fun at you. Maybe if you lossen up a little you will find the answers you are seeking. Last time I checked I still had integrity and I can also portray myself as a loving mistake prone god fearing human being that is for sure who I am.

WHO ARE YOU ?

Sincerely

Im sure he means well, but that avatar of that "person" or "superhero" that Integrity uses seems to be a little wierd...especially the tights with the extra "bulge"...maybe thats just a superhero thing?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am the co chair of our comittee and we do follow the contract here!!No observations(spy missions) done in our building,or anything im not COMFORTABLE doing.I have a open door communication policy with the union stewart.It is very difficult to be a good union/ups employee,with all the politics involved.
paidover95,

How many committees are in your building?

How many members are in the committee you were co-chairing?

What is your procedure for getting members?

How is the hourly co-chair selected?

Does management give the membership time to do safety committee tasks?

Has your committee ever formed a subcommittee?

Did your committee develop the minutes or did management?

Do committee members accompany the Keter Auditors?

Have you received co-chair training?

Have committee members been trained and given the committee member handbook?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
...im a package car driver..our "safety crew" recently asked us to "audit" our loaders..i didnt feel comfortable acting as a supervisor and brought this up at the PCM..i was told i had to do it,so i filled it out during the PCM and handed it right back.....are they nuts?....i should be the one to "write up" for discipline another Teamster?..why are they paying the belt sup.?..to walk around and play on his cell phone..let him fill out something on his blank sheet of paper on his clipboard....
guinness413,

I am in agreement with you.

The hourly members of a safety committee should be addressing employee concerns.

The committee members should not participate in any management directives that are not related to employee concerns.

They should only participate in CHSP activities that are reviewed and approved by the National UPS/IBT Safety and Health Committee.

This is covered in Article 18 Section 20.1.

Sincerely,
I

just_a_number

dragon does pushin a pencil and being a puppet on a stick make u a know it all... try doing our job the way u shirts and ties want us to..oh ya u cant but yet u shirt and tie wearing clowns expect us to...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Remember, if your expectations are very low, it's kinda hard to be disappointed. That's what I've told a few sups in the past to make them feel better.

That does seem to work fairly well in corporations ... keep expectations low and over-deliver (pun intended).

I heard kidding around today that their goal was to be "alright".