Dollar General... rollout

SmithBarney

So I'm not sure how many areas are active yet, but we've been active for about a month
I think like 60+ Dollar Generals are set up for daily pickup/arth. So far it's been slow no pickups at any of my 5 DGs on route... of course customers probably don't know yet.

Just curious how you all are doing?

Anyone who doesn't have it yet, will be happy to know they have Automatic Pickup Cancellation(for Express) if the DG hasn't scanned any outbound items by the pickup ready time. I do hope they enable this for Walgreens as well.

SmithBarney

Damn-- there is a Dollar General store on every corner it seems.
Don't worry not every DG is used, depending on proximity to Walgreens and other Ship locations.
FedEx wants to make it easy for people to get their packages(and easier on us from having reattempts)

Star B

White Lightening
Dollar General and FedEx. High class twins. Wow, how low can you go?
Let's drop class out of here and discuss this on the merits. Dollar Generals are everywhere in the rural areas around here. Those are the high dollar delivery areas where even the first attempt can be a money loser if the density isn't there. The recipients are the people that will request items be shipped by who is most convenient to them. If it is between a UPS redelivery 3x between "8 and 6, three days and then a 30 min car-ride into the "big city" to the closest UPS store" or an FXE/G "First attempt, goes to a DG in their local (two bars and a post office) town 10 minutes away, where I gotta go anyway to pick up my meth supplies", who do you think they are going to choose if given the option.

I know it cuts down on the number of drivers due to reduced deliveries, but this is not a fight we as couriers should be crying about. Let's whine about our benefits, pay, and working conditions. If we whine about this change, the recipients will join with the company with labeling us as whiners because all they care about is getting their stuff quicker and more convenient, not the fact that there's one less driver in an area because the reattempts went down.

The fact that the pups auto cxl on 0 scans is also an A+ in my book.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
There are no DG locations in my route at all... only a bunch of tree, cattle, cranberry and other farms

Also, no DGs in my suburban neighborhood <shrugs>

A good chunk of my route is a money loser, because they attained this section of BFE for free

but with the investor class just monopolizing the whole state (but keeping previous subcontractor company names on the bought-out routes/vehicles) they have to take the bad areas along with the dense routes to appease FXG

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Next it’ll be FedEx and McDonald’s. Meet McFedEx.

Fred has a new plan to have pickup locations at Goodwill, food banks, and homeless shelters too. Like Trump, he only has genius ideas that always include increasing business while freezing wages and benefits for employees.

I wonder how much more profitable X would be if Fredward retired to his plantation and had Dano serve him mojitos and rub his...feet.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Let's drop class out of here and discuss this on the merits. Dollar Generals are everywhere in the rural areas around here. Those are the high dollar delivery areas where even the first attempt can be a money loser if the density isn't there. The recipients are the people that will request items be shipped by who is most convenient to them. If it is between a UPS redelivery 3x between "8 and 6, three days and then a 30 min car-ride into the "big city" to the closest UPS store" or an FXE/G "First attempt, goes to a DG in their local (two bars and a post office) town 10 minutes away, where I gotta go anyway to pick up my meth supplies", who do you think they are going to choose if given the option.

Dollar General stores are going up all over the place, especially in rural areas. The knock on them is that they are putting the hurt on those stores that have survived Walmart and Amazon. There is a lot of growth in these hybrid stores that are too big and have too much of a selection to be convenience stores but not big enough to be considered groceries.

There is a significant portion of the population that lives within a short drive of a Dollar General and DG plans on increasing that number even more.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Fred has a new plan to have pickup locations at Goodwill, food banks, and homeless shelters too. Like Trump, he only has genius ideas that always include increasing business while freezing wages and benefits for employees.

I wonder how much more profitable X would be if Fredward retired to his plantation and had Dano serve him mojitos and rub his...feet.

Why are you posting about an obsession with rubbing another man's body?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Dollar General stores are going up all over the place, especially in rural areas. The knock on them is that they are putting the hurt on those stores that have survived Walmart and Amazon. There is a lot of growth in these hybrid stores that are too big and have too much of a selection to be convenience stores but not big enough to be considered groceries.

There is a significant portion of the population that lives within a short drive of a Dollar General and DG plans on increasing that number even more.
And like FedEx Ground their business model is an endless supply of cheap labor. Also even if you’re p/t, no moonlighting allowed.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I went on their site & the closest one is 10 miles away in a semi ghetto town...

Plus, browsing through their items, they're not as competitive as Wal-Mart or even Aldi

yeah, I never set foot at a Walgreen or CVS or similar stores either
<shrugs>

When it comes to moonlighting, are u talking about DG or FXG???