Donald Trump 2, The Left 0

newfie

Yet every time I hear a person cocking off about overturning Roe vs Wade I ask them if they would be willing to support an income tax surcharge or a sales tax surcharge to be used exclusively to care for the avalanche of unwanted kids?......Shut's them up every time. Yep as long as it's someone else who has to foot the bill for the explosion in the costs CYS programs.

typical liberal argument ..raise taxes to fix a problem so government can mismanage it.

BrownArmy

0 accountability for the people as always, it’s governments fault for now taking money and redistributing it. How about you not be a :censored2: when it comes to sex? A little self control and accountability for your actions? No okay, carry on being dum dums.

Repeat after me:

I’m a good person.

People like me.

I can make a difference.

I need to move out of my mum’s house.

I’m a winner.

bacha29

typical liberal argument ..raise taxes to fix a problem so government can mismanage it.
If you want smaller government you must first reduce the demand for government services and so tell me what specific steps have you taken to reduce your demand now and in the future as you grow older ?

floridays

yeah because the only kids that should ever be born are those in wealthy or middle-class families where they planned it a year in advance, have budgets set, and a college fund ready

you know what that looks like? demographic suicide
You clowns call it evolution. Survival of the fittest. Would you like to argue your entry to philosophy?

floridays

If you want smaller government you must first reduce the demand for government services and so tell me what specific steps have you taken to reduce your demand now and in the future as you grow older ?
No, lets just follow the Constitution, beyond that it is up to states and individual localities to decide. If a citizen doesn't like the way a state or locality runs business, the citizen is then free to vote with their feet. Do you understand that concept?

bacha29

The reality is if Roe is overturned, it will return to the states to decide. The sky wouldn't fall on prospective baby killers.
It will also have to be state funded and if the state level courts rule that the state must fund reproductive services in all forms and has to do it without federal funding assistance then we'll see what the pro lifers have to say about a big increase in state and possibly local taxes.

floridays

It will also have to be state funded and if the state level courts rule that the state must fund reproductive services in all forms and has to do it without federal funding assistance then we'll see what the pro lifers have to say about a big increase in state and possibly local taxes.
And if I feel the tax burden associated is unbearable, I have the ability to move to a state I think is more conducive to my well being.

vantexan

0 accountability for the people as always, it’s governments fault for now taking money and redistributing it. How about you not be a :censored2: when it comes to sex? A little self control and accountability for your actions? No okay, carry on being dum dums.
Exactly. Bacha acts as if there will be no personal responsibility, with or without abortion. Take abortion away and a lot of people suddenly get more responsible. No, it won't stop back alley abortions but the overall number will certainly decrease. I don't think they'll get rid of it though. You saw what lengths the Left went to to keep Kavanaugh off the bench for fear of Roe v. Wade being overturned. I think they'll go absolutely berserk if it is. Big time rioting berserk. But I'm curious, were there States that allowed abortion before Roe v. Wade? Would it just revert back to the States or would abortion become a Federal crime?

It will be fine

And if I feel the tax burden associated is unbearable, I have the ability to move to a state I think is more conducive to my well being.
Yup, plenty of freedom for the wealthy. Freedom to go to another state where they still have the right to choose. Freedom to easily move and find work in a different state to avoid taxes. If you’re poor you’re SOL, thanks GOP.

vantexan

Courts can also be overruled by State legislatures. Checks and balances. Tell me, before Roe v. Wade was the country overrun with orphans? Nope, just the usual scaremongering hyperbole you use.

vantexan

Yup, plenty of freedom for the wealthy. Freedom to go to another state where they still have the right to choose. Freedom to easily move and find work in a different state to avoid taxes. If you’re poor you’re SOL, thanks GOP.
If you're desperately poor it's often because you took handouts rather than worked. Got dependent on government spending. Thanks Democrats.

floridays

Exactly. Bacha acts as if there will be no personal responsibility, with or without abortion. Take abortion away and a lot of people suddenly get more responsible. No, it won't stop back alley abortions but the overall number will certainly decrease. I don't think they'll get rid of it though. You saw what lengths the Left went to to keep Kavanaugh off the bench for fear of Roe v. Wade being overturned. I think they'll go absolutely berserk if it is. Big time rioting berserk. But I'm curious, were there States that allowed abortion before Roe v. Wade? Would it just revert back to the States or would abortion become a Federal crime?
Back to states brother, you knew that however. I cannot understand a party that supposedly portends to speak for the downtrodden, and then stands against the weakest. I can't square it in my mind.

vantexan

Back to states brother, you knew that however. I cannot understand a party that supposedly portends to speak for the downtrodden, and then stands against the weakest. I can't square it in my mind.
I honestly don't know. Were there States that allowed abortion before Roe v. Wade?

floridays

I like the way you view it, absolutely no personal responsibility. If personality responsibility is restored we may have parents that are engaged again. I do understand we come from different times and morals. Not workin so well currently. My opinion.

It will be fine

I like the way you view it, absolutely no personal responsibility. If personality responsibility is restored we may have parents that are engaged again. I do understand we come from different times and morals. Not workin so well currently. My opinion.
In your ideal world a poor girl born to heroin addict parents should just take personal responsibility for her own upbringing. She should make sure she gets to school and gets 3 square meals a day. If she gets raped at 14 she should take personal responsibility and carry that child to term and raise it. That’s a crazy worldview.

floridays

In your ideal world a poor girl born to heroin addict parents should just take personal responsibility for her own upbringing. She should make sure she gets to school and gets 3 square meals a day. If she gets raped at 14 she should take personal responsibility and carry that child to term and raise it. That’s a crazy worldview.
No in my perfect world I am a recipient of Grace, I am able to think and not make policy or law based on extremes. Pretty weak, is that your best example?

vantexan

In my view the state should take her away from that situation. In my view if she's raped the state should provide a drug immediately upon report of the pregnancy that essentially terminates the pregnancy. It's also my view that the state shouldn't allow abortions, except for rape and incest, so that those who want a safety valve for irresponsible behavior should have it. And no abortions after the first trimester for anyone. So if someone is raped or the victim of incest it needs to be dealt with in a timely manner. I'm amazed at the hardcore support that would allow partial birth abortions or abortions right up to just before birth. Actually horrified by it.

It will be fine

In my view the state should take her away from that situation. In my view if she's raped the state should provide a drug immediately upon report of the pregnancy that essentially terminates the pregnancy. It's also my view that the state shouldn't allow abortions, except for rape and incest, so that those who want a safety valve for irresponsible behavior should have it. And no abortions after the first trimester for anyone. So if someone is raped or the victim of incest it needs to be dealt with in a timely manner. I'm amazed at the hardcore support that would allow partial birth abortions or abortions right up to just before birth. Actually horrified by it.
Well it’s good for you that that hardcore support only exists in right wing fever dreams.

It will be fine

No in my perfect world I am a recipient of Grace, I am able to think and not make policy or law based on extremes. Pretty weak, is that your best example?
I just find that people that preach personal responsibility as the solution to all of society’s ills don’t appreciate how stacked the deck is against poor children.