Donald Trump 2, The Left 0

newfie

If you want smaller government you must first reduce the demand for government services and so tell me what specific steps have you taken to reduce your demand now and in the future as you grow older ?

I responded to and cricized your comment to expand government. Focus

newfie

It will also have to be state funded and if the state level courts rule that the state must fund reproductive services in all forms and has to do it without federal funding assistance then we'll see what the pro lifers have to say about a big increase in state and possibly local taxes.

A court that overrules roe vs Wade would not demand that provision it over turned be funded.

newfie

Yup, plenty of freedom for the wealthy. Freedom to go to another state where they still have the right to choose. Freedom to easily move and find work in a different state to avoid taxes. If you’re poor you’re SOL, thanks GOP.
California is the most expensive state in the union yet has the most homeless. Kinda kills that hate trip

newfie

In your ideal world a poor girl born to heroin addict parents should just take personal responsibility for her own upbringing. She should make sure she gets to school and gets 3 square meals a day. If she gets raped at 14 she should take personal responsibility and carry that child to term and raise it. That’s a crazy worldview.

And in your world by your logic murder is justifiable.

floridays

I just find that people that preach personal responsibility as the solution to all of society’s ills don’t appreciate how stacked the deck is against poor children.
I don't want to argue, really, but I come from parents that initially were poor. They knew responsibility and taught it to their children. I adore my parents, even though I was a complete jackass to my dad when I thought I knew everything, in my college years. You see, I was a liberal in times past. My Dad, extended grace to me, along with instruction. We differ in views (you and me), so be it.

bacha29

Courts can also be overruled by State legislatures. Checks and balances. Tell me, before Roe v. Wade was the country overrun with orphans? Nope, just the usual scaremongering hyperbole you use.
SCOTUS ruled on Roe Vs Wade back in 1973 when we were a nation of 211 million today 328 million and as can be expected we're burning up resources at an accelerated rate. yet you want even more people occupying the same land mass in a nation and on a planet that is clearly feeling the strain. In the end VT it all comes down resources and money. Oh BTW....I'm childless.

bacha29

No, lets just follow the Constitution, beyond that it is up to states and individual localities to decide. If a citizen doesn't like the way a state or locality runs business, the citizen is then free to vote with their feet. Do you understand that concept?
LOL. A typical pseudo conservative with no answer for a completely logical question wraps himself up in the Constitution.

bacha29

A court that overrules roe vs Wade would not demand that provision it over turned be funded.
If as you say the matter is handed back to the states and a state court rules that according the constitution of that state it has to fund women's health and reproductive services it then becomes a state issue including finding a revenue source to pay for it.

floridays

LOL. A typical pseudo conservative with no answer for a completely logical question wraps himself up in the Constitution.
No sir, your statement holds no weight. The Constitution holds all things not specifically enumerated were left to the states. This "right" was not enumerated, (privacy), yet the court deemed it necessary to produce a new "right." I gave my answer if you choose to read it. I am am Constitutionalist, if my view puts me in bed with conservatives, I will sleep with them and am proud to affiliate.

newfie

SCOTUS ruled on Roe Vs Wade back in 1973 when we were a nation of 211 million today 328 million and as can be expected we're burning up resources at an accelerated rate. yet you want even more people occupying the same land mass in a nation and on a planet that is clearly feeling the strain. In the end VT it all comes down resources and money. Oh BTW....I'm childless.

you're argument is on a different planet. the high court would not rule against roe vs wade but if it did it would not then make your point and rule to fund abortions at the state level.

floridays

If as you say the matter is handed back to the states and a state court rules that according the constitution of that state it has to fund women's health and reproductive services it then becomes a state issue including finding a revenue source to pay for it.
You are not a smart guy, I'll not respond as I would like to. I can safely say no state has a constitution that comes close to saying any thing you are offering.

El Correcto

god is dead
Exactly. Bacha acts as if there will be no personal responsibility, with or without abortion. Take abortion away and a lot of people suddenly get more responsible. No, it won't stop back alley abortions but the overall number will certainly decrease. I don't think they'll get rid of it though. You saw what lengths the Left went to to keep Kavanaugh off the bench for fear of Roe v. Wade being overturned. I think they'll go absolutely berserk if it is. Big time rioting berserk. But I'm curious, were there States that allowed abortion before Roe v. Wade? Would it just revert back to the States or would abortion become a Federal crime?
It’d definately be tossed back to the states. They wouldn’t outlaw it straight up, but also wouldn’t prevent states from outlawing it.